Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
255/40 all around would be my suggestion. Unless you want to stagger them...

There wouldn't be any rub? and nah no stagger

Thanks!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok here's my issue. I have spl a arms and stance gr+ on the G. I feel like the front of the car rides like pure crapola. There's lots of popping, the a arms are hitting the wheel wells and when I hit bumps it feels like it hits so hard my twin brother can feel it and I don't even have a twin brother, get the idea. I searched spl's but too many random posts. I can supply more info as needed but anyone have ANY suggestions so it won't feel like the suspension is welded to the frame? Thanks guys.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
Ok here's my issue. I have spl a arms and stance gr+ on the G. I feel like the front of the car rides like pure crapola. There's lots of popping, the a arms are hitting the wheel wells and when I hit bumps it feels like it hits so hard my twin brother can feel it and I don't even have a twin brother, get the idea. I searched spl's but too many random posts. I can supply more info as needed but anyone have ANY suggestions so it won't feel like the suspension is welded to the frame? Thanks guys.

You sure you're not mixing them up with SPC? Spc are notorious for knocking while SPL are known not too....

You're going to have to cut holes in the towers to make this issue go away.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
You sure you're not mixing them up with SPC? Spc are notorious for knocking while SPL are known not too....

You're going to have to cut holes in the towers to make this issue go away.
I def have the version 1 spl's. I suppose with a slammed car, a crapy ride is just par for the course.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
notsureifsrs.

I've never had stock stance coilovers, so I can't say they suck - but having custom 14/6k springs is absolute perfection. I've actually had good compliments on the ride quality from every single one of my passengers - without even asking how the ride was. Full stiff dampening btw.

I'd redo your preload and dampening. I can't see how stock Stance can ride so crappy unless set up improperly.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by DrewDrew
notsureifsrs.

I've never had stock stance coilovers, so I can't say they suck - but having custom 14/6k springs is absolute perfection. I've actually had good compliments on the ride quality from every single one of my passengers - without even asking how the ride was. Full stiff dampening btw.

I'd redo your preload and dampening. I can't see how stock Stance can ride so crappy unless set up improperly.
I don't know. I guess I'll have them check out if the springs were preloaded. I had dampening set on the softest setting because it was hitting so hard so I thought maybe that was contributing to the horrible right. I just adjusted them 6 clicks from full stiffness but I don't think I noticed a difference. It just might be the damn a arm that are smacking around under there, who knows. How low are you?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I def have the version 1 spl's. I suppose with a slammed car, a crapy ride is just par for the course.
Maybe the V2s revised the knocking issue? I'm not too sure on this one man.

I don't know. I guess I'll have them check out if the springs were preloaded. I had dampening set on the softest setting because it was hitting so hard so I thought maybe that was contributing to the horrible right. I just adjusted them 6 clicks from full stiffness but I don't think I noticed a difference. It just might be the damn a arm that are smacking around under there, who knows. How low are you?
Stance ride amazing, I've drove guy that drove stock Gs and they are always impressed with the ride quality and my car was literally touching the ground....

Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
see my avvy. fronts are 23 3/4". rears 24 1/8".

I have the spc front a-arms with the newest parts, at my height, they smack the top too, but it's not horrendous - only on sudden and/or big dips.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Attached is a picture of my height right now. It used to be lower but i was getting a little bit of fender rash. I was just wondering what i should do to prevent fender rash? My fenders are already rolled and i'm at about -2 degrees of camber. Maybe i should redo my preload settings because i've never touched them before... lol my bad. But any help please?

It just rained so car looks horrible lol
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54124594/Pho...%2011%20PM.jpg

Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helllo all. Im in need of tires for my 07 coupe and said why not spend a few more bucks and get new wheels also which I was gonna replace down the road any how. My ? Is I'm gonna go for either a 19x9.5+28 and 19x10.5+29 or option 2. Which is 19x9+20 and 19x10.5+20, which option will give me a more flush look with min. spacers if at all. And what size spacers would I need with each option for those who currently run this stagger. Thanks and much appreciated. Bought my car Aug/11 and have been drooling over mod threads for months and finally registrted. This is my first post.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:14 AM
DrewDrew & 4DGS, I appreciate the feedback guys. Back to the drawing board.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Jeremia- second set is 2 and 3mm more aggressive. how flush did you wanna be? Willing to stretch or not?

The following users liked this post:
jeremias (05-18-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Any help for me drewdrew? You've helped me a lot lately lol

Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by wussupb0o
Any help for me drewdrew? You've helped me a lot lately lol
Install bump stops....

If you're new to this, get a hockey puck or some other kind of hard rubber material. Cut it into a circle and drill a hole in it. Remove rear struts and remove upper hat off strut. Slide freshly made bump stop onto the damper and reinstall. If you still have the issue you're running the wrong coils.

Forgot a word

Last edited by 4DGS; 05-18-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Install bump stops....

If you're new to this, get a hockey or some other kind of hard rubber material. Cut it into a circle and drill a hole in it. Remove rear struts and remove upper hat off strut. Slide freshly made bump stop onto the damper and reinstall. If you still have the issue you're running the wrong coils.
Sweet, thanks... will give this a try tomorrow.

Edit: BTW, do i take anything out or do i just reinstall everything as is with the hockey puck bump stop? I'm using BC racing coilovers.

Last edited by wussupb0o; 05-18-2012 at 02:10 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::