Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 AM
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DrewDrew
Don't run Falkens. Front tire size is perfect. The rear is really up to you, the 265/30 will stretch like a 245/35. You could also run a 275/30 or 255/35, they're nearly identical. I'd go with the first option myself. Pull isn't absolutely necessary, but you're looking at -4* camber front and rear with no other fender work. I'd get a mild pull, about 10mm or so, front and rear, so you can be under -3*. But it's really up to you how much camber you want/willing to run
From previous setups, I still have a pair of 225/35/20 in Nitto 555 and 255/35/20 in Falken 452 which are barely used and didn't want them to go to waste if I could still run them. The only thing is that there's not many shops over here that pull fenders because of the liabilities. I would prefer to be under -3* if possible. The shop that rolled my rears said they can roll/pinch my fronts. Awhile back when I had my Acura TL, I was able to rent a fender roller and after playing with the arm lengths/angle adjustments, I was able push my fenders out although I didn't apply enough heat and got cracking under the paint but it wasn't too bad because it was underneath and you couldn't see it.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They sometimes smack the...top of the fender/up inside the fender actually. Did that make sense? lol sorry. Mine occasionally smack on bumps. :/

Don't run Falkens. Front tire size is perfect. The rear is really up to you, the 265/30 will stretch like a 245/35. You could also run a 275/30 or 255/35, they're nearly identical. I'd go with the first option myself. Pull isn't absolutely necessary, but you're looking at -4* camber front and rear with no other fender work. I'd get a mild pull, about 10mm or so, front and rear, so you can be under -3*. But it's really up to you how much camber you want/willing to run.

Yea. No prob. 11.5s have enough clearance too.
okay cool! thanks for the clarification. i did a test fit and it seems that it barely clears the arm (don't know whats its called) holding the adjustable a arm. by like 1/2 inch. would this be a problem? i will post a pic of it in the morning. Also will i have to roll my front fenders? i know its a must for the rear since I'm going +15 with 15 mm spacer.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got my wheels used and they came mounted with tires. I have a g35 coupe with 19x10 +9 fronts 19x11 +13 rears Tires*225/40 fronts 245/40 rears. I'm as low as possible on my BC coilovers and my fenders are rolled front and rear. What other tire options can I go with? I'm not really a fan of stretched tires, especially not a major stretch but I know with my set up I'll need some stretch. I don't want extreme negative camber either I have SPC rear camber/toe kit and plan on getting the SPL front camber arms. What tire sizes do you guys reccomend? What's the biggest I can go? I'm considering getting fenders pulled if it gives me enough room for bigger tires. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by lsvtec4dr
From previous setups, I still have a pair of 225/35/20 in Nitto 555 and 255/35/20 in Falken 452 which are barely used and didn't want them to go to waste if I could still run them. The only thing is that there's not many shops over here that pull fenders because of the liabilities. I would prefer to be under -3* if possible. The shop that rolled my rears said they can roll/pinch my fronts. Awhile back when I had my Acura TL, I was able to rent a fender roller and after playing with the arm lengths/angle adjustments, I was able push my fenders out although I didn't apply enough heat and got cracking under the paint but it wasn't too bad because it was underneath and you couldn't see it.
You're planning an aggressive stretch with those Falkens which are known to buldge and cause safety issues. Most people I know run away from stretching Falkens, and I'm pretty positive Blain will say the same.

For under -3*, get a pull somewhere between 7-10mm. 7mm at least.
Originally Posted by soniic11
okay cool! thanks for the clarification. i did a test fit and it seems that it barely clears the arm (don't know whats its called) holding the adjustable a arm. by like 1/2 inch. would this be a problem? i will post a pic of it in the morning. Also will i have to roll my front fenders? i know its a must for the rear since I'm going +15 with 15 mm spacer.
Not sure if the inner rim will hit the arm when compressed on bumps. I think Blain might now better than me.

I would def at least heat up and pinch the fronts flat.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 AM
You're planning an aggressive stretch with those Falkens which are known to buldge and cause safety issues. Most people I know run away from stretching Falkens, and I'm pretty positive Blain will say the same.

For under -3*, get a pull somewhere between 7-10mm. 7mm at least.

Not sure if the inner rim will hit the arm when compressed on bumps. I think Blain might now better than me.

I would def at least heat up and pinch the fronts flat.
ill be doing a roll on both front and rear. it seems like the fronts clear i just don't want to run the risk of the rim hitting the arm. +12 would've been perfect.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
looking at possibly buying some 21" wheels. I dont know the rim width yet but I would imagine 8 or 9" what size tires will work for this? Im on a 2003 sedan with no drop. All factory suspension.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
do not get 21" rims....

Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got my wheels used and they came mounted with tires. I have a g35 coupe with 19x10 +9 fronts 19x11 +13 rears Tires*225/40 fronts 245/40 rears. I'm as low as possible on my BC coilovers and my fenders are rolled front and rear. What other tire options can I go with? I'm not really a fan of stretched tires, especially not a major stretch but I know with my set up I'll need some stretch. I don't want extreme negative camber either I have SPC rear camber/toe kit and plan on getting the SPL front camber arms. What tire sizes do you guys reccomend? What's the biggest I can go? I'm considering getting fenders pulled if it gives me enough room for bigger tires. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by ambiguous113
do not get 21" rims....
why not? Your scaring me?? I have been hoping to get a decent set of 18s or 19s but locally I just cant find anything that someone isnt asking wayyy too much money for.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
Originally Posted by trodder
why not? Your scaring me?? I have been hoping to get a decent set of 18s or 19s but locally I just cant find anything that someone isnt asking wayyy too much money for.
The heighest you should really go with these cars is 20" Anything higher and it just looks stupid and will greatly affect driving quality....

Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer.

So i'm looking for some 19's or 20's to replace my stock rims, and i'm looking to drop it via coil over's (possibly bag setup) sometime in the future but not at the moment. In preparation for this, what is the widest wheel size that I can go with and the lowest offset I can go?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by Adrian Ibarra

So i'm looking for some 19's or 20's to replace my stock rims, and i'm looking to drop it via coil over's (possibly bag setup) sometime in the future but not at the moment. In preparation for this, what is the widest wheel size that I can go with and the lowest offset I can go?

like they told me start by doing some searching around driver, there are lots of threads heres a link to a very useful one: https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...ressive+wheels

And as always once you got some figures of what you want to run, feel free to reply on this thread as there are helpful peeps on here such as Drew Drew, 4DGS, and others that can chime in with there expertise.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by Adrian Ibarra

Such a vague question. Offsets and widths all depend on how low you are, how aggressive you want to go, what look you're wanting, what suspensions parts you have, tire stretch, etc. Do you have any idea what you want? I could give you widths and offsets that would make you look stock, or a configuration that might look crazy to you with insane camber. hah.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Atm, i'm on stock suspension so i'm not lowered at all. My apologies for the vagueness of the question, just looking for some guidance and thank you for replying. I'm willing to stretch my tires a bit and go for an aggressive stance.

I'm looking for 20's ideally with a nice low offset, probably 20x10 for the rear and 20x9/9.5 for the front. I'm not entirely sure what looks good, opinions would be amazing. I'm browsing the forums right now and trying to get a feel of what to get.

Thing is I live in Washington, and it snows during the winter/fall seasons so i'm going to have to use tire chains. Suggestions?

I'll eventually be getting coil-overs but at my income i'm trying to handle it one step at a time.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 AM
Well, you aren't going to be able to do an aggressive stance without lowering quite a bit, and stretched tires are useless and look awkward on anything less than slammed. With 9/9.5 and 10/10.5, you'll want to look for offsets in the 20s. Anything lower than that (closer to 0), will stock out far past the fenders, and look so to say, mexiflush. So start with finding the above specs, and when you get to lower, we can talk about spacers, and stretch if need. At this point, you just need a proper tire, ie. 245/35 or 255/35, and 275/30 or 285/30.

The following users liked this post:
Adrian Ibarra (04-29-2012)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::