Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
hmmmm didn't realize this was now also a body parts thread...

The following users liked this post:
MPG35fiend (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 PM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
drew, trunks are apart of wheels too! thats where they hold the spare tire.. loljp.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
[QUOTE=4DGS;6525790]Hey sorry I missed it, can you post your question again?

Quick question.

Setup: 18x8.5 +25mm 245/40/18 on all four corners 05 G35x sedan on Bc racing coilovers lowered 3 inches all around.

Currently at -3.4 camber in rear and 2.9 camber in front from natural drop on stock arms front and back. Just ordered my Spc camber kit front and rear w/ toe bolt kit. I mostly want to get rid of some camber to get as flush as I can with rolled rear fenders.

Will the spc camber kit front and rear get rid of enough camber to get me flush or will I have to run wheel spacers to get my wheels out a bit more? If so what size? I just want to be as close to flush as possible with what I am working with =)

They are way more sunken than in this pic, I'll try and get a better pic tmrw. This was before they settled.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ME GUSTA
No way I'd do it myself. If I do, the wheels just might disassemble on me while I'm driving.

The only thing keeping me from doing it is how big of a pain it's gonna be to do everything, but i'll contact wheel flip to see what I can do.

I've never taken apart any wheels. But would I be able to loosen and remove all rivets from the back side? because that bent lip is going to pose a problem.
You should be able to break the nut loose on the back without having to touch the front of the bolt.

But yea contact those guys and they can give you a lot of options.

Originally Posted by Canadiotica
Setup: 18x8.5 +25mm 245/40/18 on all four corners 05 G35x sedan on Bc racing coilovers lowered 3 inches all around.

Currently at -3.4 camber in rear and 2.9 camber in front from natural drop on stock arms front and back. Just ordered my Spc camber kit front and rear w/ toe bolt kit. I mostly want to get rid of some camber to get as flush as I can with rolled rear fenders.

Will the spc camber kit front and rear get rid of enough camber to get me flush or will I have to run wheel spacers to get my wheels out a bit more? If so what size? I just want to be as close to flush as possible with what I am working with =)

They are way more sunken than in this pic, I'll try and get a better pic tmrw. This was before they settled.
Oh thought Drew answered this.

You shoudl be able to get the rear to -2 without rubbing and the front should be able to go to about -1 maybe a little less (1.3ish) But you're better off just aligning to where you want the wheels to sit. and then going in to get it finalized.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok so I am currently using megan rear camber kit and megan rear radius arms on my g 20x12 -22 265/30 tire fenders rolled pulled as far as I can get them to go. Just not getting enoughb camber and adjusting my Toe I am just hitting my back bumber with the tire..Need some help with the rears guys fronts I got with no problem it's those rears i can't get to fit! might be doing body work unless it can be done with out but it's not looking that way. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Received 309 Likes on 210 Posts
smartest way to step down a size from 225/245/35 on 9.5/10.5?

235/255/30? going 215/235 sounds stupid since it's smaller than oem tires.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by OH4G35
Ok so I am currently using megan rear camber kit and megan rear radius arms on my g 20x12 -22 265/30 tire fenders rolled pulled as far as I can get them to go. Just not getting enoughb camber and adjusting my Toe I am just hitting my back bumber with the tire..Need some help with the rears guys fronts I got with no problem it's those rears i can't get to fit! might be doing body work unless it can be done with out but it's not looking that way. Any help would be appreciated Thanks
You've gone too aggressive for 20s and too wide for 20s so you need either a really small tire or you need to switch to 19s.

Only way to stop that is to cut the bumper tab and relocate it. Even pulling more camber won't correct this as you'd have to pull away from it completely (tuck the wheel) for it to clear the upper fender.

Could try running a 255/30 or 245/35 but you're getting into a pretty unsafe stretch at that point.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Hey Blain, sorry bother you again =P
Found out yesterday that one of my the Work wheels has a leak coming from the bolts on the inside? That same wheel the previous owner had just replaced a new lip for it too, and he also did the disassembly/reassembly by himself.

Could it be that he reassembled it wrong or messed up somehow? I also was suspecting that something was wrong about the wheel because the silicone was kind of pealing as well and not smooth as the rest of the wheels. And I also know that it wasn't torqued down and no thread lock was used when i texted the previous owner.

I'm thinking about disassembling it and reassembling it myself. I've looked it up on how to do it and it looks fairly simple.
Couple of links I've read and seen:

http://youtu.be/M7FqNluXsY4

http://www.ccwheel.com/incs/technica...air_video.html

Or do you think I should leave it to the professionals?

What are your opinions? Any help with be great! Thanks again.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to make sure this will fit on 03 g35 sedan..
volk sf winnings (not staggered)
18x9
5x114.3
offset +34

if so what size tires should i run.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Aku
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't wanna read through all the pages so apologies if this has been asked once before.

04 G35 Couple I still have the stock 18x8 +30 wheels on all 4 corners.

I have an opporitunity to run a buddies wheels with slicks at some auto-x's They are 18x9 +55 Which according to wheel calculators will sit 30mm farther inwards towards the suspension / body.

Question is with the stock +30 wheels how much clearance is there inwards on the front of the G coupes? Will this fit with out spacers? (I have a spare wheel of his that I'm going to test this week but I figured it'd be nice to know if they would fit in theory first)

Thanks.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I think I might do some body work and remold my rear quarter panels. Reshape the body lines..really don't want to run that small of a tire on a 12 not saying it can't be done just don't want to run that.It is so close to fitting I just can't get it.. So close though..Front's were cake

Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need ur help guys I'm currently getting varrstoen te37 rep polished but the center caps are plastic and I need to match them polish... Any ideas on how ?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyboi860
Hey Blain, sorry bother you again =P
Found out yesterday that one of my the Work wheels has a leak coming from the bolts on the inside? That same wheel the previous owner had just replaced a new lip for it too, and he also did the disassembly/reassembly by himself.

Could it be that he reassembled it wrong or messed up somehow? I also was suspecting that something was wrong about the wheel because the silicone was kind of pealing as well and not smooth as the rest of the wheels. And I also know that it wasn't torqued down and no thread lock was used when i texted the previous owner.

I'm thinking about disassembling it and reassembling it myself. I've looked it up on how to do it and it looks fairly simple.
Couple of links I've read and seen:

Or do you think I should leave it to the professionals?

What are your opinions? Any help with be great! Thanks again.
If he had all the wheels a part I would definitely pull all of them a part and retorque everything just in case....

As for the leak, it's probably just a sloppy silicone job on the lip to barrel. It's pretty common as the air can leak out of even the tiniest hole.

If you have a shop that can do the work take it to them, but if not it might be something you want to tackle yourself and learn from.

Originally Posted by Ramanl
Need to make sure this will fit on 03 g35 sedan..
volk sf winnings (not staggered)
18x9
5x114.3
offset +34

if so what size tires should i run.
The specs are SLIGHTLY on the aggressive side for full size tires. You will need to roll the rear fenders for sure. But you should be able to clear with a hint of camber. I'd say -1 or -2 and you should be ok. (not enough to eat through tires like crazy)

Run a 245/40 IMO, just to keep the clearance issues minimal.

Originally Posted by Aku
I don't wanna read through all the pages so apologies if this has been asked once before.

04 G35 Couple I still have the stock 18x8 +30 wheels on all 4 corners.

I have an opporitunity to run a buddies wheels with slicks at some auto-x's They are 18x9 +55 Which according to wheel calculators will sit 30mm farther inwards towards the suspension / body.

Question is with the stock +30 wheels how much clearance is there inwards on the front of the G coupes? Will this fit with out spacers? (I have a spare wheel of his that I'm going to test this week but I figured it'd be nice to know if they would fit in theory first)

Thanks.
You may need a 10mm spacers for these to clear. You'll definitely be cutting it close if they do fit without spacers.

Originally Posted by OH4G35
I think I might do some body work and remold my rear quarter panels. Reshape the body lines..really don't want to run that small of a tire on a 12 not saying it can't be done just don't want to run that.It is so close to fitting I just can't get it.. So close though..Front's were cake
Yea I agree, it's the 20s that are the big issue. Going wide with 20s isn't really recommended because of the tire sizes.

Originally Posted by don e
Need ur help guys I'm currently getting varrstoen te37 rep polished but the center caps are plastic and I need to match them polish... Any ideas on how ?
Spray paint em. Varrstoen should really offer metal caps for the polished finish as plastic and polished is an ugly combo.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Whats with the stance OEM becoming hard to find, most places i called are 3-4 weeks back order!
I dunno if I should wait or go for BC.

Any idea whats the drop on the BC? Also hows the ride comparing to stance

Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
If he had all the wheels a part I would definitely pull all of them a part and retorque everything just in case....

As for the leak, it's probably just a sloppy silicone job on the lip to barrel. It's pretty common as the air can leak out of even the tiniest hole.

If you have a shop that can do the work take it to them, but if not it might be something you want to tackle yourself and learn from.
He only did that one wheel....and that's the only wheel that's leaking. And thanks Blain, I was also thinking it was a sloppy silicone job as well and I can't wait to get the experience from doing this myself! I'll keep you updated!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::