Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
[quote=Canadiotica;6525963]
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Hey sorry I missed it, can you post your question again?

Quick question.

Setup: 18x8.5 +25mm 245/40/18 on all four corners 05 G35x sedan on Bc racing coilovers lowered 3 inches all around.

Currently at -3.4 camber in rear and 2.9 camber in front from natural drop on stock arms front and back. Just ordered my Spc camber kit front and rear w/ toe bolt kit. I mostly want to get rid of some camber to get as flush as I can with rolled rear fenders.

Will the spc camber kit front and rear get rid of enough camber to get me flush or will I have to run wheel spacers to get my wheels out a bit more? If so what size? I just want to be as close to flush as possible with what I am working with =)

They are way more sunken than in this pic, I'll try and get a better pic tmrw. This was before they settled.
looks really good!

i have SPC on 18x8.5 245/40/18 all corners and the closest spec i can get with the rear camber arms and toe bolts is -2. before i put on SPC front camber arms was -2.3/-2.9 <--- really off and bad for on of my tires. Current camber as of now with SPC camber kits is -2.0 even on the rears and -1.2 even up front. i highly recommend the front camber arms!! look in my garage to see what model number the front SPC camber kit is bc its the only one that fit the "X". took me almost a year to find out something fit it...

oh yea BTW i would recommend matching -2 camber front and rear bc the -1.2 front is pretty flush, but bothers me that the rear doesn't match the camber up front. or at least do -1.5? I'm going to tweak my camber after wheel are on...

Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by jimmyboi860
Hey Blain, sorry bother you again =P
Found out yesterday that one of my the Work wheels has a leak coming from the bolts on the inside? That same wheel the previous owner had just replaced a new lip for it too, and he also did the disassembly/reassembly by himself.

Could it be that he reassembled it wrong or messed up somehow? I also was suspecting that something was wrong about the wheel because the silicone was kind of pealing as well and not smooth as the rest of the wheels. And I also know that it wasn't torqued down and no thread lock was used when i texted the previous owner.

I'm thinking about disassembling it and reassembling it myself. I've looked it up on how to do it and it looks fairly simple.
Couple of links I've read and seen:

http://youtu.be/M7FqNluXsY4

http://www.ccwheel.com/incs/technica...air_video.html

Or do you think I should leave it to the professionals?

What are your opinions? Any help with be great! Thanks again.
the DPEs recently bough had air leaks, damages faces and dirty as.s barrels, so i decided to get them all resealed... I'm pretty mechanically inclined and was about to do it myself bc the cheapest i could get all 4 wheels (to be on the safe side) was $200 a wheel.. Luckily i personally know someone that reconditions 3pc wheels here and getting them resealed, faces powder coated, barrels sandblasted, and tires mounted for $1050.. the process of resealing of the 3pc isn't that complicated, but its SUPER time consuming and VERY TECHNICAL. if you feel confidant to do it yourself then i would do it to save money, but if you want it done right without future issues id take it to the professionals... like i said I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but i don't have the time to do it myself since i run a business and its a piece of mind that it will get done the way its suppose to be done plus i got a really SiCK hook up on it. getting a $1600 job for $1050.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
what are you getting the faces powdercoated to fred??

Old 07-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by ambiguous113
what are you getting the faces powdercoated to fred??
hahah.. secret homie!.. ill post it when it gets done....... it isn't any thing crazy.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:16 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by SAMzG35
Whats with the stance OEM becoming hard to find, most places i called are 3-4 weeks back order!
I dunno if I should wait or go for BC.

Any idea whats the drop on the BC? Also hows the ride comparing to stance
It's the time of year, buying suspension in the summer is never easy. I'd definitely wait for the stance coils. Usually when you order them they show up quicker than said anyway. Have you tried some of the vendors on here?

He only did that one wheel....and that's the only wheel that's leaking. And thanks Blain, I was also thinking it was a sloppy silicone job as well and I can't wait to get the experience from doing this myself! I'll keep you updated!
Ok then you should be fine, just take your time and you want have any issues.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by don e
Need ur help guys I'm currently getting varrstoen te37 rep polished but the center caps are plastic and I need to match them polish... Any ideas on how ?
can anyone help me.....

Old 07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
It's the time of year, buying suspension in the summer is never easy. I'd definitely wait for the stance coils. Usually when you order them they show up quicker than said anyway. Have you tried some of the vendors on here?
Ya I did. Might be getting a set from someone here

Any advantage or disadvantage going with OEM vs true?
Does either choice effect camber/toeing more than another?

Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by don e
can anyone help me.....
It's pretty much two other guys and myself that answer all these questions. None of us run Varrstoens. You're better off asking Varrstoens if they have a non ugly option....

Originally Posted by SAMzG35
Ya I did. Might be getting a set from someone here

Any advantage or disadvantage going with OEM vs true?
Does either choice effect camber/toeing more than another?
True coil can eventually add an actual toe arm but that' not needed if you're not tracking it or not planning to run tonnes of negative camber.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by MPG35fiend
the DPEs recently bough had air leaks, damages faces and dirty as.s barrels, so i decided to get them all resealed... I'm pretty mechanically inclined and was about to do it myself bc the cheapest i could get all 4 wheels (to be on the safe side) was $200 a wheel.. Luckily i personally know someone that reconditions 3pc wheels here and getting them resealed, faces powder coated, barrels sandblasted, and tires mounted for $1050.. the process of resealing of the 3pc isn't that complicated, but its SUPER time consuming and VERY TECHNICAL. if you feel confidant to do it yourself then i would do it to save money, but if you want it done right without future issues id take it to the professionals... like i said I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but i don't have the time to do it myself since i run a business and its a piece of mind that it will get done the way its suppose to be done plus i got a really SiCK hook up on it. getting a $1600 job for $1050.
Yea that is a super siick deal! Wish I can get that deal! ANd yea I'll only have to reseal one wheel so it shouldnt be that bad..

Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Yea that is a super siick deal! Wish I can get that deal! ANd yea I'll only have to reseal one wheel so it shouldnt be that bad..
LUCKY!!! man... the DPEs i bought were in ok condition... 6 out 10 from being perfect and half of them needed to be resealed, so i decided to spend the money to get them done since i was already committed! sheesh!.... well it beats getting a brand new set.. lol saved about $1200+. and i get a CUSTOM LEGIT WHEELS.

$2800 after reconditioning for the DPE 3pc wheel compared to a NEW set of 3pc for $3500+ or a set of USED black Volks TE37s for the same price, but A LOT of ppl have TE37s or TE37 reps so i decided to go for the rarity.. Im just hoping the reconditioning of the DPEs turn out the way i expect...

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
^^it will man....they will look good trust me and you should be happy to know that you have setup that very few people have

Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Got the Stance cant wait to install them. This thread delivers! Thanks guys

It's pretty much two other guys and myself that answer all these questions. None of us run Varrstoens. You're better off asking Varrstoens if they have a non ugly option....
LOL

Last edited by SAMzG35; 08-01-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by ambiguous113
^^it will man....they will look good trust me and you should be happy to know that you have setup that very few people have
thanks for the encouragement drew!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 106 Likes on 66 Posts
looking to replace my Hankook V12's on the front wheels and was wondering if Dunlop Direzza's are any good. i will have a slight stretch with a 225/35/19 on a 9 inch wheel, but nothing crazy. I wanted Nankang but I cannot find them locally. This is what i found for the dunlops $125/tire

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=AZEINT&cs=225

Old 08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
So i finally got wheels 20x10.5 +20 all around and im running 245-35-20 nitto nt 555's up front but im not sure what to go with in the rear 275, 285, 295... 35 or 30 idk. im on BC's with SPL pro camber with toe. Any ideas guys??? thx

Last edited by TougeMonsterG35; 08-01-2012 at 10:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::