Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I've got an 03 premium coupe with the brembos. I just picked up a pair (2)wheels in size 18x12 -2 Offset. Tossing them on the rear and worrying about fronts over the winter (since I got like 5 months to figure it out). I've figured out that I don't need to do extensive fender work (slight pull) but I still got 2 questions. 1) will these clear the brembos (hope yes cuz they're in teh air headed to me now). I'm pretty low and may go lower. Any suggestions on tires? I'm not afraid of camber but I don't want (nor should I need) derp camber. lol. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
quick question, please help

I had oem 18's , which according to the oem wheel thread are 18x8's all the way around, +30 offset.
I had 20f/25r spacers on my car, and those were FLUSH

I just picked up a set of 19x8 +42 set of volk racing sf winnings (please don't hate on me, I know it's a weak offset and width, but I just love these wheels), I slapped them on and it was- really sunken. So it's safe to say that it is +12 mm more retracted right? (I know going from a 18 to a 19 has to do with how much the negative camber is in effect) so I plan to swap out the 20/25 and put em up for sale, and get 38mm all around

so after using the 1010tires's offset calculator this is what I come up with ,and you experienced members please tell me if this is what I can expect
all offsets below are with the spacers already calculated into the offset

old set front 18x8 + 10
new set front 19x8 +4 = it will sit 6mm further out than my stock +20mm spacers

old set rear 18x8 + 5
new set rear 19x8 +4 = it will sit 1mm further out than my stock +25mm spacers

does this sound right? if so Imma order the spacers soon

thanks guys

Kevin

Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Fantastic G
Okay so a couple vendors got back to me on my Vossen offset question. Looks like the 19x10 +20 is what I'll have to work with. No big deal really. I'll just run spacers. I've ggot this so far;
4 Vossen 19x10 +20 Matte Graphite Machined
F camber -2.5
R camber -3.7
Dropped 2"<---I can go lower with my coils

I think a 10 or 15mm spacer up front should work great(not sure which to go with) and a 20mm in the rear. Looking to stretch a 245/30-19 on the front AND rear. I want the stretch to be warranted. Not just to cheap out on tires. Thier not gonna last too long with my camber anyways. What do you wheel gurus think?

You'll probably want 20mm spacer to make those flush.

For tires nankang or achilles are my go to. If you're willing to spend more money lmk and I can give you some higher end tires.

Originally Posted by driftsucky
I've got an 03 premium coupe with the brembos. I just picked up a pair (2)wheels in size 18x12 -2 Offset. Tossing them on the rear and worrying about fronts over the winter (since I got like 5 months to figure it out). I've figured out that I don't need to do extensive fender work (slight pull) but I still got 2 questions. 1) will these clear the brembos (hope yes cuz they're in teh air headed to me now). I'm pretty low and may go lower. Any suggestions on tires? I'm not afraid of camber but I don't want (nor should I need) derp camber. lol. Any advice would be much appreciated.
No way to tell if they'll clear brakes, that's up to the manufacture/ Disk type.

They really aren't that aggressive so you won't need a stupid stretch on them. 275/35 is what I would run. But it depends on your height and camber. If you're super slammed you can get away with smaller tires.

Originally Posted by grannyshifter
quick question, please help

I had oem 18's , which according to the oem wheel thread are 18x8's all the way around, +30 offset.
I had 20f/25r spacers on my car, and those were FLUSH

I just picked up a set of 19x8 +42 set of volk racing sf winnings (please don't hate on me, I know it's a weak offset and width, but I just love these wheels), I slapped them on and it was- really sunken. So it's safe to say that it is +12 mm more retracted right? (I know going from a 18 to a 19 has to do with how much the negative camber is in effect) so I plan to swap out the 20/25 and put em up for sale, and get 38mm all around

so after using the 1010tires's offset calculator this is what I come up with ,and you experienced members please tell me if this is what I can expect
all offsets below are with the spacers already calculated into the offset

old set front 18x8 + 10
new set front 19x8 +4 = it will sit 6mm further out than my stock +20mm spacers

old set rear 18x8 + 5
new set rear 19x8 +4 = it will sit 1mm further out than my stock +25mm spacers

does this sound right? if so Imma order the spacers soon

thanks guys

Kevin
Going from 18s to 19s has nothing to do with camber. It does not effect the camber in any way.

Yes the wheels are 12mm less aggressive.

Yes sounds about right, but in all honesty. If you need to run that size spacer you're wasting you're time. The wheels obviously won't have big lips since you can fit huge spacers and aren't really worth it.

Sell the wheels and take the $400 you're about to spend on spacers and buy winnings that fit the car. Running that large of a spacer is silly....

Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
They're Rays Wheels. Kreutzers Victrix. I'm not sure about disk type though.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM
No way to know unless you know the disk.

Can sometimes guess by going off width and lip size and comparing to say Euroline DHs to get the disk.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
what to do with my sedan sport 18s

hi guys, i need opinions please. my 05 DG sedan came with sport 18s and i was happy them. i lowered my car (g/Z combo) and am currently on that setup. now i would like to change it up a little. i would like to go lower using H&R springs wich should drop me about another .5" and powdercoat my wheels(possibly gunmetal or black). im not thrilled about having to buy camber kits but i need my tires to last. anyway, would this look alrright? i have looked but couldnt find what im looking for. any opinions (for or against) are welcome

Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 AM
It'll look fine, I'd recommend going after some coupe 19" sport wheels though.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
^^agree with blain....although the 18's do look pretty clean on the Sedans if your looking to change it up the 19'' Rays are a good choice....gunmetal will work well with your color too

Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
thnx fellas. gunmetal looks awesome on DG. Blain, whose car is that? i wanna see some specs. i agre, 19s would fit the bill nicely but i need to work with what i have right now as the holidays are around the corner and the money is not there for rays and tires right now. i def. want to go the p/c route though. first i need to do some homework on refinishing shops.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am looking at some of the forgestar F14 super deep concave wheels in bronze burst. I am really trying to get rid of the spacers, and was liking the 19x 9.5 or 19 x 10 for the fronts and the 19 x 11 in the rear. I have an 06 6MT with sport suspension, no drop yet, that can come later. What offsets should I run? Is the 11 too much in the rear....Or should I go with 20's?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
how low are you thinking of going later on?? there is a big different in what you'll be wanting to get at stock height and if you lower it 1-2'' down the road

Old 11-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I would like to just lower it enough to get rid of fender gap. I am not so big on slamming it and I am not much of a fan of lots of camber either. IMO i think the small factory camber in the rear is good. I have some **** wheels that were on the car when I bought it, something like alloy tech wheels, they are 20", not sure about the width, but running 245/35/20's...it looks ok, but the guy before me replaced one of the wheels and didn't get the same offset, so that and the fact that I need new tires to pass inspection, I figured I would just get new wheels and tires. That is if my 19 year old son would stop costing me money, he tore the diff out of my QX56 in Sept...cost me $4000, then he tore the tranny out of his Passport in October...cost me $2500, He cost me another $1200 last month also for hell I can't even remember. If it weren't for him I would be getting some coils and some volks.... Damn kids....if you ever plan on kids read the above it is FREE birth control. LOL

Anyhow, yeah not too much of a drop, I mean if I get crazy I can just new wheels, so maybe just a small 1" spring drop, told the wife that my springs are wearing out LOL, only have 45k on my G.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
i cringe at the son part and laugh at the wifey part. lol. im gonna do the same when i replace my muffler. "honey this car is 7 years old it wont pass smog w/ that old *** muffler". haha
btw im dropped 1" right now. its a nice compromise. do it

Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I really want the motordyne tdx2 exhaust. My son has a flowmaster on his passport and it is loud, of course his friends have exhaust also, one kid has a scion tc with exhaust, my neighbors hate me. Oh well. Funny thing is they all want my G and they all still say it sounds better than their cars do with my factory exhaust. They are right. LOL I really am thinking about the spring drop, can't make my mind up on the springs I want, did you replace the shocks also or just springs?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sandaluv
i cringe at the son part and laugh at the wifey part. lol. im gonna do the same when i replace my muffler. "honey this car is 7 years old it wont pass smog w/ that old *** muffler". haha
btw im dropped 1" right now. its a nice compromise. do it
Post a pix.. Did you use springs or coil overs?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::