Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Alright so I've got wheels in mind now that I want. Fitment check!

19x9.5 +5mm F
19x10.5 +0mm R

Rear fenders rolled flat
Lowered 2" from factory
-2.5 F camber
-3.7 R camber

Im thinking these will fit fine depending on tire size.
4DGS, your words of wisdom are needed. Thanks!

Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by G3LU5
I found some XXR 006, black with Copper lips, I think they would great on my OB G35 coupe. I do not have any other mods besides sway bars, it is the 06 model with sport suspension. The wheels are 20" x 10" with a +35 offset. Will those fit or am i going to need spacers, if so, what size spacers? Or should I find a different rim. Also, they have 20" x 8.5" +35, not sure if I want to stagger them or go with 10" all the way around, any help will help......they go off sale today.
You're going to want to stick with the 10s and go at least a 20mm spacer. You can run a square setup or stagger the tire sizes. The 8.5+35 is going to be hellasunk.

Either way they will fit with no issues, they just won't be flush with those offsets. Get 'em, mount 'em up and figure out spacers from there, or try to find a similar style wheel in a better offset.

Originally Posted by Fantastic G

19x9.5 +5mm F
19x10.5 +0mm R

Rear fenders rolled flat
Lowered 2" from factory
-2.5 F camber
-3.7 R camber

-3.7 sounds like a lot but if you're already rolled flat and lowered a bit you'd be fine with 245/35 & 225/35.

Check http://rimtuck.com/search/thumbnails...+coupe&sort=10 for a better idea / visuals.

The following 2 users liked this post by OBsessed:
Fantastic G (10-18-2012), G3LU5 (10-19-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
My question:

Got a set of T1S's powdercoated and I hate the way they came out. Without bringing them back to the shop that PC'd them (I don't want to insult them, they did a good job, I just don't like the color) what are my options for stripping them back to the metal?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Leksikon
My question:

Got a set of T1S's powdercoated and I hate the way they came out. Without bringing them back to the shop that PC'd them (I don't want to insult them, they did a good job, I just don't like the color) what are my options for stripping them back to the metal?
I saw your FS TIS awhile ago--

I had similar issue with a gold color powder- I don't hate my color, it's growing on me... Just had too many golds to pick from at the shop and the color looked different on the wheel.

I don't think the powder coater would be offended. If they are priced right, they may hook you up as a repeat customer if you explain yourself.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Leksikon;6602565]You're going to want to stick with the 10s and go at least a 20mm spacer. You can run a square setup or stagger the tire sizes. The 8.5+35 is going to be hellasunk.

Either way they will fit with no issues, they just won't be flush with those offsets. Get 'em, mount 'em up and figure out spacers from there, or try to find a similar style wheel in a better offset.

You know I have always wondered why these wheel dealers would sell someone a wheel that is not going to have proper fitiment?

I only have one other question, I am running spacers now on the rear wheels, I wanted to get away from the spacers. Are spacers bad to run?, I am running the hub centric ones, but I still just feel that if you had a wheel that just fit, it would be much better than using spacers.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
So needing some help. Looking into a set of wheels that are

Front: 19x9.5 +22
Rear: 19x10.5 +12

Im currently lowered on Tein S Techs with my fenders rolled, but once this Midwestern winter leaves i'll be putting Tein Comfort Sport coilovers back on. So my questions are, will these wheels fit flush on my 05' coupe or will i need to run a set of spacers, and what size tires would you guys recommend running with this setup? Sorry for the noob questions but this wheel and tire stuff always gets my head spinning.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2009 G37S with the big brake kit and I'm looking to get a winter setup. The stock wheels are 19x8.5 +43 offset in the front and 19x9 +45 offset in the rear.

Will the 7 spoke 03/04 G35 Coupe wheels clear the big brake kit on the G37? According to the other sticky, their specs are 18x8 +30 offset.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by TGMcCoy
Thanks for clearing that up- should've thought about that one.

Another q, not wheel related(but I know ur not into pm), did you use plug play projector kit for your lights in the high beam? If so which one, morimoto?

Thanks
Yes they're morimoto Minis with apollo shrouds. However they aren't quite plug and play you still need to do some trimming.

Originally Posted by G3LU5
I found some XXR 006, black with Copper lips, I think they would great on my OB G35 coupe. I do not have any other mods besides sway bars, it is the 06 model with sport suspension. The wheels are 20" x 10" with a +35 offset. Will those fit or am i going to need spacers, if so, what size spacers? Or should I find a different rim. Also, they have 20" x 8.5" +35, not sure if I want to stagger them or go with 10" all the way around, any help will help......they go off sale today.
I'd go 10 all the way around, keeps the lips big.

At stock height run maximum 20mm in the back and 15s in the front. Once you lower it and roll the fenders you'll have room to go to a 30mm in the back and 20mm or so in the front.

19x9.5 +5mm F
19x10.5 +0mm R

Rear fenders rolled flat
Lowered 2" from factory
-2.5 F camber
-3.7 R camber

Won't have any trouble fitting them, assuming you're going for the stretched tire look. I'd go 235/35 and 255/35

My question:

Just take it back and tell them you're not really feeling your choice and you want to try something else. They won't be offended, they're making money! lol

However your not getting that powder off easily, you'll need to sandblast them to strip them back down to the raw finish to prep for paint or new coating.

Originally Posted by TGMcCoy
I saw your FS TIS awhile ago--

I had similar issue with a gold color powder- I don't hate my color, it's growing on me... Just had too many golds to pick from at the shop and the color looked different on the wheel.

I don't think the powder coater would be offended. If they are priced right, they may hook you up as a repeat customer if you explain yourself.
+1

I'm very good friends with my coater and he has no issues when I bring stuff back and say I hate it lol

[quote=G3LU5;6603091]

You know I have always wondered why these wheel dealers would sell someone a wheel that is not going to have proper fitiment?

I only have one other question, I am running spacers now on the rear wheels, I wanted to get away from the spacers. Are spacers bad to run?, I am running the hub centric ones, but I still just feel that if you had a wheel that just fit, it would be much better than using spacers.
Absolutely, its much easier to just pick the right offsets but with the G you need low offsets to start with because of the huge fenders.

Dealers sell what fits on the car, not necessarily what will look good on the car. They base most of their fitment from OEM specs and stay within 10mm of that offset and within one inch of that width.

There ARE a lot of companies that do go out of their way to tailor the wheels to your car, but those are the companies that you need to pay for. You're not only paying for their quality wheels, you're paying for their customer service and knowledge. I use to work at a shop and I literally did what you are talking about, I researched cars and selected specs for each different car depending on what the customer is after.

Originally Posted by PERKS11
So needing some help. Looking into a set of wheels that are

Front: 19x9.5 +22
Rear: 19x10.5 +12

Im currently lowered on Tein S Techs with my fenders rolled, but once this Midwestern winter leaves i'll be putting Tein Comfort Sport coilovers back on. So my questions are, will these wheels fit flush on my 05' coupe or will i need to run a set of spacers, and what size tires would you guys recommend running with this setup? Sorry for the noob questions but this wheel and tire stuff always gets my head spinning.
No worries dude, this is the thread for these questions!

You may want a 10mm spacer in the front to match the aggressiveness of the rear, but you don't NEED it. It's not like they are going to look crappy without it.

As for tires, you have several options.

245/35 and 275/35 Best option because these tires are readily available and large enough to protect the wheel and your ride comfort.

255/35 and 275/35 Good option as the 255/35 is closer in overall diameter to the 275/35 however 255/35s are not nearly as common as 245/35s.

245/35 and 275/30 This option is also good because the overall diameter is close, however, only select this if you plan to go low, or else the rear tire will look kind of small.

Originally Posted by philter25
Hey guys,

I have a 2009 G37S with the big brake kit and I'm looking to get a winter setup. The stock wheels are 19x8.5 +43 offset in the front and 19x9 +45 offset in the rear.

Will the 7 spoke 03/04 G35 Coupe wheels clear the big brake kit on the G37? According to the other sticky, their specs are 18x8 +30 offset.
It's not about the offset or even the specs. You need to make sure the 14" rotor clear the barrel of the 18" coupe wheels. However, I know for a fact that they do not.

You need 19s to clear your large 14" rotors!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
I know this is wheels but how low can I drop my coupe on springs without needing a front and rear camber kit? Just an alignment and toe bolts, I like the negative camber look so long as its not ridiculous. Went with the 25mm hub centric spacers as well per your recommendation 4DGS. Thanks

Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM
You never NEED camber kit and toe bolts. They're just suggested if you want to keep your tires alive.

But going low low on springs is a bad choice, you're going to blow out your struts before you shred a set of tires from camber wear.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
You never NEED camber kit and toe bolts. They're just suggested if you want to keep your tires alive.

But going low low on springs is a bad choice, you're going to blow out your struts before you shred a set of tires from camber wear.
I was thinking 1-1.5 inch drop. That's it. Won't go LOW until I get my coilovers and camber kits this summer. I just hate stock height and I'm looking for a slightly more aggressive stance with the 350z 18s. Just to hold me over until after the winter.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the response guys. Much appreciated and no I don't mind stretching at all. Got any personal tire recommendations for stretching? Looking for quiet tires that could be flipped to maximize their lifespan.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
For my rears I want to go wide as possible, rear setup is 18x10.5 0 offset, you think 305/35 will work? Don't want to run crazy camber and don't plan to be slammed. I'm pulled and rolled to the max.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by AzuMaster
I was thinking 1-1.5 inch drop. That's it. Won't go LOW until I get my coilovers and camber kits this summer. I just hate stock height and I'm looking for a slightly more aggressive stance with the 350z 18s. Just to hold me over until after the winter.
Then ya you should be fine.

Thanks for the response guys. Much appreciated and no I don't mind stretching at all. Got any personal tire recommendations for stretching? Looking for quiet tires that could be flipped to maximize their lifespan.
General G max are probably your nest bet.

I run nankang NS2 but some people bitch about the road noise (I don't even notice it)

Originally Posted by dmcelso
For my rears I want to go wide as possible, rear setup is 18x10.5 0 offset, you think 305/35 will work? Don't want to run crazy camber and don't plan to be slammed. I'm pulled and rolled to the max.
It will look stupid for multiple reasons.

1. 10.5 +0 will poke... therefore you're going to have tire out of the fender
2. 305 hangs over the edge of a 10.5 and reduces handling
3. 18s and no drop look generally bad.

You're going to need a 265 on the back to keep the tires under the fender.

The following users liked this post:
dmcelso (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
hey i just got my new wheels for my 2005 g35 sedan in and just a few questions
here are the specs:

vossen cv3

front
19x8.5+32

rear
19x10+38

also just got my coilovers and rear camber kit
i have NOT installed wheel, coilovers, or camber kit yet, i want to do it all in one shot
now for question:

-which tire sizes are best for me? i would like to have a stretch tire, considering that i will lower the car
-i am going to get my rear fenders rolled, would i have to pull my fenders?
-is there anything else i should be worried about? rubbing issues?

i cant wait to get this setup on my car!

thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: Have a Question/s About Wheels/Tires/Offsets/Camber/Etc? Ask here::