Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

Falken FK-452's vs. Hankook Ventrus V12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by sTeadFasT96
The 452's were the first tires I put on my current coupe. Even in factory specs for alignment, for whatever reason, the inner block of the tires would go out and the middle to the outside would be completely fine. Camber wear should be even diagonal wear, this was not diagonal throughout the tire.

Ended up replacing the rears because it was too late for me to get them replaced as they were bald and nobody wanted to touch them. I started flipping the tires but again, the inner block would go out and the middle to outside is untouched. So basically by the end of it while trying my best to stay legal, I would replace the tire with the shoulders being gone and the middle of the tire having at least 50% tread. The fronts did the same.

Again, I had factory spec alignment on factory suspension.

I'm slowly making my switch to Hankooks now and will see how that turns out.

Wonder if different tires will make a difference in that. hmmm

Old 06-08-2011, 06:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Here's my experience. I have run Falken 452, Kuhmo Ecsta SPT, and not the Hankooks on my sedan. The Falkens and Kuhmos were similar in design, the inner and outer parts of the tire are separate blocks that run the diameter. Both of those feathered on me because as the inside wore, the blocks wore unevenly and started to make a lot of noise. You could run your hand over the inside of the tires and feel how one block would be higher than the next leading to a crappy ride and noise.

Tha Hankooks have a solid edge on both sides of the tire wit grooves cut into them fr grip and they wear much more evenly. Even with camber wear they wear down smooth thus making for a much smoother and quieter ride.

Hope I explained it well enough to understand and this helps someone out. IMHO the Hankooks are a superior tire in all respects compared to these other 2

The following users liked this post:
prinny (06-08-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I know were comparing Falken with Hankook, but I have the Falken and I honestly dont like them...There are slippery as well as small for their size compared to Kuhmo...Has anyone tried the Continental ExtremeContact DW??? its either those or Hankook for my next set.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by prinny
Wonder if different tires will make a difference in that. hmmm
I'm thinking it may just be the design, considering the comment below.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Here's my experience. I have run Falken 452, Kuhmo Ecsta SPT, and not the Hankooks on my sedan. The Falkens and Kuhmos were similar in design, the inner and outer parts of the tire are separate blocks that run the diameter. Both of those feathered on me because as the inside wore, the blocks wore unevenly and started to make a lot of noise. You could run your hand over the inside of the tires and feel how one block would be higher than the next leading to a crappy ride and noise.

Tha Hankooks have a solid edge on both sides of the tire wit grooves cut into them fr grip and they wear much more evenly. Even with camber wear they wear down smooth thus making for a much smoother and quieter ride.

Hope I explained it well enough to understand and this helps someone out. IMHO the Hankooks are a superior tire in all respects compared to these other 2
That's why I'm thinking the Hankooks should be a better in terms of wear because I'm assuming the way they designed the seperate blocks, it puts more strain on those individual blocks, thus making them wear unevenly as opposed to one solid design.

I forgot to mention, in terms of performane, the Falkens didn't let me down. I've been on two mountain runs with them and they performed well. Wet weather traction was also quite good, but I never push it too hard in the rain.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Dang hmm.. looks like I'll have to end up spending a good chunk more money

uneven tire wear is never any fun

Old 06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^The Hankooks are cheaper than the Falkens from a price perspective so you should be good.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:14 PM
^^The Hankooks are cheaper than the Falkens from a price perspective so you should be good.

haha I'll probably end up going with the Hankooks cause i'd rather have a smoother ride, but that place does mount and balance for freeee too. $580 for 4. Definitely cheaper than anywhere else hah

Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
hankooks, all the way. have em both on diff wheels right now. the 452's are so soft compared, i dont like the ride

Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by prinny
haha I'll probably end up going with the Hankooks cause i'd rather have a smoother ride, but that place does mount and balance for freeee too. $580 for 4. Definitely cheaper than anywhere else hah
Where are you gettin them for that price?? I want in lol

Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Where are you gettin them for that price?? I want in lol

Temple City Auto! they might cost a bit more if you're new, but they hook it up all the time on installs and everything.

It's just 2 people working there. Gotta call in advance and make an appointment and all.

Wish they sold those Hankooks instead though ..