Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

275's on OEM 19's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
You could...but a bad idea...your front tires would then be taller than the rears...it would drive funny...use the calculator in the post to see the changes. You could go with 275 40's to even it out, but your speedo will change a few MPH vs. .3 MPH...I've spent a few hours on that calculator testing sizes...but then you have to make sure the size you want is made by the tire brand and version you want as well...and there's only 2-3 to choose from on the sizes to begin with that make sense...

I thought about it as well...then did the math and went..oh well...

I know of 3-4 people who have made the change...it looks great and drives fine...more traction with the stepped up tires too.
From the actual changes you saw, in your opinion, is it worth the grand or so that it will cost as far as traction and looks go, or am i better off dishing out more money for a new set of wheels. I personally don't want to spend too much on a new set of wheels considering my taste costs a good bit.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by lowrider
245/35/19 and 255/40/19 would work out just fine on the stock 19s. The stagger would remain very close to stock, and it would reduce some of the oversteer.

Lou
i guess he is the winner then
michelin pilot ps2!!! i am coming! lol

Old 11-09-2005, 06:26 PM
is it worth the grand or so that it will cost as far as traction and looks go, or am i better off dishing out more money for a new set of wheels.
It's not an expensive upgrade if you are already replacing worn tires...probably just a few dollars more per tire!!

Old 11-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by seanl
It's not an expensive upgrade if you are already replacing worn tires...probably just a few dollars more per tire!!
that's the thing....i'm not replacing worn tires . In fact, my 06 should be arriving any day now. I just want wider tires for handling and aesthetics.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM
well im gonna step on to the plate and try it since my tires are down to the steel anyways so im gonna try 245/35/19 up front and 275/35/19 rear Michelin PS2s all around i'll post my responce in a couple days.

Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shatooi
From the actual changes you saw, in your opinion, is it worth the grand or so that it will cost as far as traction and looks go, or am i better off dishing out more money for a new set of wheels. I personally don't want to spend too much on a new set of wheels considering my taste costs a good bit.
Well for me - I'm doing it for the traction - my car is built as bad *** as you can get without FI and I really need the traction help. The look is right and I love the factory wheels, and had mine chromed - I can't see the need to save 4lbs. per wheel for a different look - I don't road race the car - street drive and 1/4 mile only - so spending on a lighter wheel for me is a waste.

If you really want new wheels, because of look - then go for it - the tires you'll buy will end up being the same size anyways - unless you go for 20"...but the small sidewalls still won't change you that much.

Spend your money on other mods...that make a difference...its cool being a sleeper..trust me!

Old 11-20-2005, 10:17 AM
PS2's installed

OK - got my PS2's installed.

I put the 275/35's on the rear and the 245/35's on the front....great fit and everything to go with them.

I first put on the Goodyear's - just to test them....they were OK, but noisy. And from others I haver talked to, they would just get noisier over time.

Then put the PS2's on - and such a major difference! The car is so quiet. It's about as quiet as my Lexus GS430, with factory 18's - that are also Michelin's. The grip is perfect and the look - well just plain mean from the back.

The tires fit great and look great and feel great. I don't think I could have done any better. I'll try to put a couple pics up later today.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Glad you're happy! Mismatching tires and wheels, but Oh Well

Lou

Old 11-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Pics Please!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by seanl
Pics Please!!!
Here ya go...

Attachment 27934Attachment 27935Attachment 27936Attachment 27937Attachment 27938

Last edited by ISMSOLUTIONS; 05-10-2006 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:07 AM
more....

Attachment 27939Attachment 27940Attachment 27941Attachment 27942Attachment 27943

Old 11-21-2005, 03:09 AM
and last but not least....

Attachment 27944Attachment 27945Attachment 27946Attachment 27947Attachment 27948

Old 11-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, it looks like the 275/35/19's fit the rear OEM 19 wheels just fine. I thought they would stick out much farther from the rim than they actually do. Looks flush from the pics you posted. I may opt for this when my tires go eventually. Could you please keep updating this thread as time goes on? I'd be interested to see your tire wear and longevity on this setup. It could prove to be invaluable to the forum since this question has been asked many times before, but this is the first time I've seen someone actually do it. Thanks for having the brass ***** to do it.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:00 AM
I know I'm sprayin' in the wind here, but no body notices the tire bulge in the rears or that the outside of the tread is not contacting that pavement Look closely at the last picture in the second series. Also, look at the front tire, first picture in the third series, that one fits fine (no bulge, and proper contact patch). IMO, the rear is just not safe, and if you have a problem, you will get no help from the tire manufacturer. But, guys, it's your decision. YES, it fits, but certainly not properly.

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 11-21-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by lowrider
I know I'm sprayin' in the wind here, but no body notices the tire bulge in the rears or that the outside of the tread is not contacting that pavement Look closely at the last picture in the second series. Also, look at the front tire, first picture in the third series, that one fits fine (no bulge, and proper contact patch). IMO, the rear is just not safe, and if you have a problem, you will get no help from the tire manufacturer. But, guys, it's your decision. YES, it fits, but certainly not properly.

Lou
Lou - your just wrong. Look at the 2nd set - pics 2,4 and 5. They look just like the front does in the other picture. Not only that, but if you look at more than 95% of the cars out there, the tires pass the edge of the rim slightly for proper fitment.

The original tires are actually under-sized to allow no rubber past the edge of the wheel...tht is aesthetically designed. buyers want large rims and small sidewalls these days - the style to not have them look like mine now do.

Your continued claims on warranty and safety hold no water in this case, yet you keep hounding what you claim to be facts. I wonder if you own for work for a wheel manufacturer or something - because honestly - everyone who buys rims wants them to get the amount of rubber on their cars I now have, and to change the style....by doing what I did - they don't have to buy wheel and they can save a crap load of dough in the meantime.

I still don't get where your coming from? You still insist on telling us that having more rubber on the ground is a bad thing. Perhaps you just bought rims to do exactly what I did and found out a day too late that you wasted a few thousand bucks because you were SOLD what you didn't have to have??

Sorry Lou - I just don't get where your coming from - when everything your saying has no fact or proven reasoning behind it. Keep in mind - what I have done on with these tires - has been done for more than 50 years with cars to begin with. Remember, I'm the one who used to be a tire dealer - with all the contact and knowledge in the world about this - yet you keep trying to push YOUR FACTS, that have yet to be backed up on everyone. I mean really - look at the 230+MPH Nascars that go around in cirlces for hours at a time at that speed - look at their tire sidewalls...really look at them.

One last thing - I'm, not in the car business anymore and will not benefit in any way by pushing this tire fitment on anyone. I personally don't care what anyone else does on their cars - but this one is safe, will not affect tire wear in any way, increases traction immensely, and cornering is much better with another 1.5" of rubber on the ground.

Hands down - facts...no opinion on this one from me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 275's on OEM 19's?