Originally Posted by AgentAero04
Yep looked into that aspect also.Gonna take lots of wet sanding with a "clear" ultra fine paper.And I would suggest a hobby shop for the best assortment of fine to course sandpapers.
I've done some research and spoke with the guy at the paint shop. This is what I'll need to do to adequately prep the plastic and paint:
1) Clean with super hot water and strong soap like dishwashing soap
2) Isopropyl alcohol wipe down
3) Spray panel with water. If it beads, it's not clean yet.
scuff with a 400 to 600 grit sandpaper
5) Hot water and soap bath, isopropyl alcohol, tack cloth
6) Adhesion promotor, dry 15 to 20 minutes
7) Paint, 2 to 3 coats