Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eurodre
then you're not looking at the right wire pack, this one is right under the amp rack
NO i`m talking about the wires that goes directly to the speakers not to the amp, my bad i didn't specify...the two plugs that come with the factory bose speakers they have this color wires...i splice them but dont know which is the + and -

Old 07-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
oh i know what you mean, yeah sorry hope someone can pinpoint that for you, at the end of the day you can just temp bind tie them together and do a trial and error, got a 50/50 chance if you hear sound it worked, if not switch to the other one

Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
oh i know what you mean, yeah sorry hope someone can pinpoint that for you, at the end of the day you can just temp bind tie them together and do a trial and error, got a 50/50 chance if you hear sound it worked, if not switch to the other one
thats the thing either way a connect them still give me signal ,i have a crossover on my 6x9 dont know if that is why? so both cables work as negative and positive....WTF?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
well that's weird maybe someone can chime in on that one

Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Premier Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
does anyone have a good diy for how to remove the 6x9s? I have searched and it says to remove rear seats. and side panels and finally the trim around the speaker grills, but it'd be nice to actually have instructions? thanks!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by drsifu1
to remove 6x9 in coupe:

1- remove rear seat bottom by pulling hard straight up
2- remove rear back rest by removing 2 nuts (12 or 14 mm)
3- remove both rear qtr panels by pulling it to remove the clips
4- remove driver and passenger seatbelts
5- remove both trim panels
6- if applicable, remove rear brake light
7- remove rear parcel shelf
8- gain access to the 6x9

this gives you a general idea on how to get to them. lot more specifics, but it should be fairly intuitive once u get started.
Here's what I found on a search result. I tried to find the exact same DIY I followed but my attempts failed. Hopefully this helps!

The following users liked this post:
jiggawuah (09-17-2011)
Old 09-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Premier Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
thanks alot! i just finished putting everything back. everything was easy except putting the panels back without bending the pokey clip thingies..

Old 09-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jiggawuah
thanks alot! i just finished putting everything back. everything was easy except putting the panels back without bending the pokey clip thingies..
Lol, I bet..those lil ones are very easy to break as well

Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Trying to read as much of this thread as possible but want to make sure on connection from stock amp to rcas. Now i reed you can use rcas and pretty much cut them but could u also use a line output converter? then just connect the rcas from the converter to the amp. It seems too simple just to connect these 5 wires, power, etc and then your good to go. Just trying to save money and do this myself (also have stock headunit)

Head Output Rear Right + Blue
Head Output Rear Right - Pink

Head Output Rear Left + Teal
Head Output Rear Left - Purple

Remote Wire Light Blue/ Silver

Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I've subscribed to this since 2006 and finally might try it. What's a good amp and sub to get nowadays?

I just need a decent sub and amp...still doing things on a budget! THANKS!

Old 10-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Guam671
I've subscribed to this since 2006 and finally might try it. What's a good amp and sub to get nowadays?

I just need a decent sub and amp...still doing things on a budget! THANKS!
Sames here

Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Just did everything on here to the T and when I turn the radio on I get a loud ring coming from the rear drivers side speaker (not the 6x9) for about 30 sec and then it stops and I get nothing till I shut it off and turn it back on. Any suggestions?

Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I have read through the entire thread 2 times and I say thanks for such a helpfull DIY and all the added inputs.
I was looking for an answer to a specific question but did not find a clear answer and how to. There were 2 other posts that asked the same question but did not get a clear answer as well.
This thread is about adding a Sub to the Bose through an added Amp. What if in addition to this you want to completely eliminate the Bose Amp and install a second 2 or 4 channel amp for the speakers while keeping the STOCK headunit? (2 channel if only using the front speakers). If it is possible, how will the second Amp be connected?.
I plan on getting an after market HU in the future but for now I want to hold on to the stock appearance.
Thanks for any inputs

Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by beezee
I have read through the entire thread 2 times and I say thanks for such a helpfull DIY and all the added inputs.
I was looking for an answer to a specific question but did not find a clear answer and how to. There were 2 other posts that asked the same question but did not get a clear answer as well.
This thread is about adding a Sub to the Bose through an added Amp. What if in addition to this you want to completely eliminate the Bose Amp and install a second 2 or 4 channel amp for the speakers while keeping the STOCK headunit? (2 channel if only using the front speakers). If it is possible, how will the second Amp be connected?.
I plan on getting an after market HU in the future but for now I want to hold on to the stock appearance.
Thanks for any inputs
That topic is covered in another sticky'd thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-stock-hu.html

Basically, you need an amp that handles differential-balanced signals and you need to run your own power and ground wires, otherwise you can use the stock speaker wiring to and from the bose amp location.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
That topic is covered in another sticky'd thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-stock-hu.html

Basically, you need an amp that handles differential-balanced signals and you need to run your own power and ground wires, otherwise you can use the stock speaker wiring to and from the bose amp location.
Thanks. I found everything in that thread.

Last edited by beezee; 11-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Add a sub to your Bose equipped G35 Coupe