Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

NAVBOX TEST RUN COMPLETE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: NAVBOX TEST RUN COMPLETE

Actually the latching output was used for switching the video between nav and xbox , Thanks Gen for explaining

Old 10-05-2004, 03:18 AM

Benzito, is the inverter used connected to the 12v power outlet? Also, what path did you use to run wire from the interface to the Nav unit. Straight up the middle? Or go around the perimeter of the cabin? Thanks for the info

Old 10-05-2004, 12:10 PM

All the electronics are mounted in the trunk including the inverter, As seen in the previous pics the navbox is mounted beneath the rear cup holder and the wires are ran under the center console towards the glovebox area where the connections are made.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:06 PM

Benzito, thanks for answering. So where did you tap into 12V to power the inverter?

Old 10-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Benzito -

Apparently you didn't get the DEI latching relay component from that auction which you posted a link for. Where exactly did you pick this up? I did a search and I'm coming up empty. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:07 AM

Any chance you could write up some brief installation instructions for the DesignTech unit? The directions that came with it don't seem complete. It only makes mention of the orange, green and yellow wires corresponding to the 3 different buttons. What are the black, gray, white and purple wires used for?

Old 10-06-2004, 01:03 PM

I used the bose amp constant power feed that is a fused 15 amp circuit then used a switching ignition lead to turn on a relay to feed power.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM

Your right Slizzap , The instructions are useless, Since the circuitry used in the designtech unit are not designed to handle a load relays must be used with them , Each pair of wires is one circuit/channel , Power up the unit and use an ohm meter to Identify which wires are what, In the default setting which is momentary it will be a little difficult to see the display change on your meter so switch the unit to latching by following the instructions included. Then find which wires complete a circuit, One side of each channel should go to ground and the other to the coil of a relay or a LOW load ground input such as to power on the xbox by tapping into the factory switch ,NO high amp load should be put on the designtech unit .

Old 10-06-2004, 02:56 PM

The dei 611t was purchased locally at an alarm/stereo shop.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:17 PM

what mod chip do you use? xecutioner? smartxx? xenium? also is it soldered or solderless?

2004 G35 Coupe / Graphite & Black / 6speed / Premium / Performance / Aero / Navi

Old 10-08-2004, 01:52 PM

xbox-scene dot com will have answers for modding an xbox

i softmodded my xbox - no modchip needed - my hands shake too much for soldering.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:41 PM

Software mods work ok. The main problem with those are if the dashboard is updated it may plug that hole. I usually recommend Xecuter modchips, they work great. But personally since you're putting this in your car I'd recommend flashing your onboard TSOP. It depends on what version Xbox you have if you can flash it or not, most except the VERY newest can be flashed. The biggest advantage to doing so is that there are no soldered connections and you don't have to worry about the mod coming loose after time due to the extra shock from being mounted in a car...and it doesn't have the disadvantages of software mods.

Like previously stated your best bet for info is xbox-scene.com. Or you could hit me up in a PM.

By the way, if anyone's interested I can mod Xboxes for you if you want to send them out to me. I can load up all the software you need including CD/DVD ripping software and Xbox Media Center to play all your music/movies. I wasn't sure if there was anyone else on this forum doing that already.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:11 PM

How you much you charge? Can you also install the hard drive?

Old 10-10-2004, 02:56 AM

I'll do em for $100, including installation of hard drive. I can pretty much do any mod you need. You would have to cover shipping both ways. I'll set it up ideally for car use. I'll also throw in all the video game emulators and even some extra games if you want.

You can PM me if you want more info.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 AM

Ok, I ordered all the parts. I already have a modded xbox with a 80gig drive. I'm doing this mod primarly for using the Xbox media center. Going to start the install on friday. Instead of using the Designtechs RF reciever, I decided to use a cheap alternative. Two $12 RF door chimes from home depot. That should do the trick when integrated with the homelink buttons. The PCB of the door chime reciever is small enough to mount inside the xbox itself, and it only requires 3v to operate which is drawn from the 3.3v standby power of the xbox. I am also going to try using the XBOX remote control unit by using an IR relay/repeater. This way, I can mount the IR eye in the cabin, then have a repeater mounted in the trunk. I will post again when its all said and done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAVBOX TEST RUN COMPLETE