Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List - Page 144 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

Go Back  G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion > Tech Area - V35 > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Old 12-06-2018, 12:28 PM
New DDIN Install - Gone Bad

Should have kept an eye on the installer. Arrived after he pulled out the blue ANT wire from the harness. Said it wasnlt necessary. So looks like I will remove the deck and do it myself. Also need to set the deck in properly so that it is flush. Sticks out 1/2 inch and bumps the shifter when opened for SD or disc.

Is it possible to removed the deck, wire back up the heater controls and the other harnesses that are not "deck related" and drive the car without the deck in while I fix the harness? Don't want the car computer to be confused.

Thanks, Mike
2006 G35 Coupe

Old 12-10-2018, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by msilverton View Post
Should have kept an eye on the installer. Arrived after he pulled out the blue ANT wire from the harness. Said it wasnlt necessary. So looks like I will remove the deck and do it myself. Also need to set the deck in properly so that it is flush. Sticks out 1/2 inch and bumps the shifter when opened for SD or disc.

Is it possible to removed the deck, wire back up the heater controls and the other harnesses that are not "deck related" and drive the car without the deck in while I fix the harness? Don't want the car computer to be confused.

Thanks, Mike
2006 G35 Coupe
If you have an aftermarket DD trim kit then yes u should be able to remove your head unit while the climate controls keep working.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM
>Once you've done that, follow the programming instructions for your steering wheel control adapter and you'll be set.

I had programmed my steering wheel controls before I bypassed the factory bluetooth. As the sterring wheel controls no longer work, I need to re-program them. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance,

Mike