Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:20 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
My car is a sedan and I forgot to mention it.
In my car its under the rear deck. coupe I think its on the left side of trunk if I remember right.
Im sure someone here has a specific location to help you out.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:20 PM
Got this from Idatalink maestro website.

for 2006 G35 Sedan

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
install-guide.pdf (261.8 KB, 126 views)
Old 08-10-2021, 07:22 PM
here's for the 2006 g35 coupe

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
install-guide-4.pdf (260.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 08-10-2021, 07:25 PM
This shows installation of steering wheel controls module for Idatalink Maestro SW and it has the Bluetooth module bypass information.

I hope this helps everyone out.

Old 09-16-2021, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe, Automatic
I REALLY do not want to run a new SiriusXM antenna from the roof to the new head unit. I couldn't find an answer to the question below in bold. Has anyone figured out how to connect the factory XM antenna to the new round pronged SiriusXM connector? I'm assuming the factory XM antenna is fed through one of the seven or so white connectors.

[QUOTE=KnowScott;5995096]This thread is epic!

I recently started ordering parts for my 06 6MT (with nav)... Unfortunately the JDM AC/Controller Trim piece is back-ordered for about 2 months now, and from what I understand, it's gonna be at least another month.

Here is my list of items purchased:

JDM AC Controller/Trim Piece
Alpine INA-W910
Dynamat Extreme 35 sq foot
Diamond Audio H600S components
Metra 70-7550 Radio Wiring Harness
Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control
Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antnna Adapter
PAC TR7 Universal. Trigger Module
Sirius-Xm SVX100V1 Xm In-Car Tuner and Antenna
Power cable, battery terminals, fuses, speaker wire, rca's, etc.

Already owned:
(2) JL Audio 12W3V2
JL 500/1 Slash amp
JL 300/4 Slash amp

I'm still debating whether or not I want to build a box for both 12's or buy a new beastlier sub. If I buy a beastlier sub, I will most likely need another amp as 500 isn't going to cut it.

I plan on dynamating the entire truck and both doors. I may dynamat more depending on rattles and overall SQ. Anyone have issues with the rear view mirror rattling?

Can anyone think of anything I may be missing or suggestions for my setup?

My car is XM equipped with the factory equipment... Is it possible to use the factory installed XM Antenna or will I have to rerun the one included in the Sirius-Xm SVX100V1 Xm In-Car Tuner and Antenna package?
Clicky Clicky
[
/QUOTE]

Old 09-17-2021, 06:33 AM
[QUOTE=Greyhame;7206311]I REALLY do not want to run a new SiriusXM antenna from the roof to the new head unit. I couldn't find an answer to the question below in bold. Has anyone figured out how to connect the factory XM antenna to the new round pronged SiriusXM connector? I'm assuming the factory XM antenna is fed through one of the seven or so white connectors.

Originally Posted by KnowScott
This thread is epic!

I recently started ordering parts for my 06 6MT (with nav)... Unfortunately the JDM AC/Controller Trim piece is back-ordered for about 2 months now, and from what I understand, it's gonna be at least another month.

Here is my list of items purchased:

JDM AC Controller/Trim Piece
Alpine INA-W910
Dynamat Extreme 35 sq foot
Diamond Audio H600S components
Metra 70-7550 Radio Wiring Harness
Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control
Metra 40-NI10 Nissan Antnna Adapter
PAC TR7 Universal. Trigger Module
Sirius-Xm SVX100V1 Xm In-Car Tuner and Antenna
Power cable, battery terminals, fuses, speaker wire, rca's, etc.

Already owned:
(2) JL Audio 12W3V2
JL 500/1 Slash amp
JL 300/4 Slash amp

I'm still debating whether or not I want to build a box for both 12's or buy a new beastlier sub. If I buy a beastlier sub, I will most likely need another amp as 500 isn't going to cut it.

I plan on dynamating the entire truck and both doors. I may dynamat more depending on rattles and overall SQ. Anyone have issues with the rear view mirror rattling?

Can anyone think of anything I may be missing or suggestions for my setup?

My car is XM equipped with the factory equipment... Is it possible to use the factory installed XM Antenna or will I have to rerun the one included in the Sirius-Xm SVX100V1 Xm In-Car Tuner and Antenna package? Clicky[/QUOTE]

my sedan didn’t come with factory xm and didn’t have the shark fin on top of roof.

what I did was find the oem sat antenna and drilled the roof for it and installed it with sealer. It’s been a couple years now without leaks so I’m happy for that.
as for the wire, I couldn’t find the adapter to go from oem antenna plug to the xm toner (sxv300 I think) so I got a Metra long antenna adapter and cut off the ends on antenna and adapter and soldered the wire together, ran it in the headliner to my aftermarket xm toner. Works great for 3+ years now.
I did not use the antennas that came with the xm toner or the alpine 977 radio.
I used oem xm antenna and drilled roof and another oem gps antenna mounted behind climate computer like oem and it plugs directly into alpine radio without mods.
i wanted my setup look oem without any aftermarket antennas sticking out anywhere.
the oem antennas work great with my aftermarket equipment (only xm one needed the wire mod).

Last edited by romansan2008; 09-17-2021 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe, Automatic
EDIT: I figured out part of the question below, seeing that the camera wires should be directed to the backup light positive and ground, but its strange that these wires are on the head unit side of the wiring and not on the camera side, where the backup light wire can be accessed.

My new BOYO VTL-422-HDL backup camera arrived. Interestingly, there is no connection for the backup light wire. Instead, the only wiring goes to the back of the head unit.

Question: How will the head unit know when to turn the camera on and off if it is not connected to the backup light wire in the trunk?

Here is a copy of the wiring diagram:

Last edited by Greyhame; 09-24-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Reading glasses helped me see the wiring goes to the reverse light wiring, not the Head Unit wiring
Old 09-24-2021, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhame
EDIT: I figured out part of the question below, seeing that the camera wires should be directed to the backup light positive and ground, but its strange that these wires are on the head unit side of the wiring and not on the camera side, where the backup light wire can be accessed.

My new BOYO VTL-422-HDL backup camera arrived. Interestingly, there is no connection for the backup light wire. Instead, the only wiring goes to the back of the head unit.

Question: How will the head unit know when to turn the camera on and off if it is not connected to the backup light wire in the trunk?

Here is a copy of the wiring diagram:

well there should be a reverse wire hooked up to the head unit. That’s how the radio knows you put car in reverse.
as for the backup cam it gets hooked up to ground and reverse signal to turn the cam on.

I usually hook up the cam to the reverse light and run an extra wire (+ of reverse light) with the cam rca wire to the radio to let it know you put car in reverse.

most cams I install are alpine direct connect ones so the reverse trigger wire only hooks up to radio.

The following users liked this post:
Greyhame (09-26-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe
Wrathernaut I need some help

Wrathernaut I tried to message you but it won’t let me for some reason. I have a question with DD install and it seems like you are the go to! If you don’t mind could you email me @texastbrand@gmail.com

Old 10-30-2021, 09:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasT84
Wrathernaut I tried to message you but it won’t let me for some reason. I have a question with DD install and it seems like you are the go to! If you don’t mind could you email me @texastbrand@gmail.com
New account limitations. Just post the question up here.

Old 11-08-2021, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
New account limitations. Just post the question up here.
I sent you an email.

you can ether post questions here when it lets you or reply to my email with your questions.

Edit:

Oh, that wasn’t for me. Ignore my email please.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:42 PM
Hi Wrathernaut
I am trying to see the wiring diagram for Bose equipped cars but the diagrams disappeared from the first page. It is posssible for you to re-post them again pls

Thx

Old 12-06-2021, 09:55 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Yeah, I'll get it back up. Thanks for catching it. I cleaned up my online photos and didn't think about the linked photos on here.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:58 PM
black with all factory option
Help please!

Hi all, I am in the process of installing an aftermarket HU. Now I have plugged it in but I have no sound from my speakers I have gone over all the wiring and it all seems fine can some one take a look at the picture attached and let me know if they see any discrepancies.
Spoiler

Old 02-17-2022, 02:27 AM
I’m assuming your car a bose.

Black and black/white wires are all ground and should be connected together. The black/white wires are amp grounds I think you should have 1 or 2 of them and 1 black

blue wire is antenna
blue/white is the remote wire that turns on the amp and should be connected to radios remote out/amp control wire and if it does not have it connect it to blue wire of the loc.

there are so many modules out now that I can’t remember what wire color they all use for amp trigger wire.

let me know if it works. If not: what radio and loc you using so I can look up the diagrams

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List