Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Diamond Graphite G35 Coupe 6MT REV
Used this guide to install a Maestro-ADS-MSW in my 2006 G35 Coupe 6MT. Everything works perfect. Thanks a ton for taking the time to write this up, along with all the follow ups.

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (05-02-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coupe, Automatic
Question

Wrathernaught,

Greetings! I bought a G35 for my son, but he is at college and the G is too nice to be banged up. So I've decided to keep it for the time being. Actually, I don't want to give the car up I have been reading your thread, and decided to take a leap of faith and install a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX. I've purchased the JDM trim piece and OEM A/C panel.

This car has the navigation system, which I hope doesn't cause any complications.

The trim pieces are out, but the radio is still in. I'm at the part of the process where I wire everything together. I've soldered in the past, but badly. I plan on using the splayed wire method, joining them and then soldering. I will then use a heat gun to shrink the heat wrap.

My question is: The OEM-1 harness wires are 6 inches, and the Pioneer wires are 6 inches. That's a full foot of wire from the Pioneer to the aftermarket harness. Should I cut the wires down some, and if so, how much? I don't want to cut them too short and end up in a mess!

Thanks very much!

Old 05-10-2021, 06:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There's room for the extra wire, just use a couple cable ties to dress them all up in a bundle so they don't rattle around.

If you're worried about the soldering you can always buy "solder-shrink connectors" and use them. For stereo work like what you're doing it will work out just fine and deletes the use of the soldering iron, just need a heat gun.

Greyhame (05-10-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 12:37 PM
Coupe, Automatic
Red face

Gentlemen,

Specs:

Car has Navigation and bluetooth
Keeping the Bose amp
Using recommended PAC OEM-1 harness to connect a Pioneer DMH-1500NEX.

Two questions (probably remedial to you but issues that concern me before I start with the cutting of wires and soldering):

1. I trust the chart, but wanted to make sure that I'm reading it correctly. The first connection (see photo) shows the red wire and blue wire from the PAC being soldered to the Pioneer red wire. So I'm connecting two wires from the PAC to one wire from the Pioneer. I've seen different configurations for the blue wire as I peruse this thread. Am I correct in my configuration?

2. Is my Axxess AWSC steering wheel control plan correct in that the black, red/grey, and white/green wires from the AWSC will be pig-tailed into the M39's yellow, red, and green wires? And particularly, pig-tailed by cutting the M39 wire between the connector and the steering wheel? Hopefully you can read my sketch below. (NOTE: I drew the M39 backwards )

Old 05-11-2021, 09:41 PM
Coupe, Automatic
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
1) Yes. The red power wires goes to both the power antenna and the red power wire.

2) Use the dimmer wire, the orange/white is for illumination. Aftermarket radios don't generally rely on the illumination signal for anything, that that one can just get wrapped up and unused.

3) There's been better luck using the speaker-level outputs than the low-level, but the ROEM is designed to use either. I recommend using the high-level ones to the ROEM, and picking up 3 pair of RCA cables and connecting them, and running those to the trunk so that you can use the low-level outputs for an aftermarket amp in the future without removing the radio to get to the outputs.

4) Yeah, just cut the wires on the stock plug:

Tie the wires together and solder them for a solid connection.
I think this photo answers my second question. It looks like I'll have to do that wiring in the car.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Coupe, Automatic
From Wrathernaught's chart, I'm planning to solder the power and ground connections first. Reds and blues for power, blacks for ground.

Does this look correct? Will I need to pigtail another ground from the black wires, somewhere on the "chassis"? (When I think of chassis, I think of the steel frame of the car. Is that what chassis means in wiring?

Thanks gents! I'm hoping the photos, whether right or wrong, will help other novices along the way.

This depicts my soldering plan for ground (black to black to black) and for accessory power (red from HU meets red from PAC OEM and red from ACWS)

Old 05-12-2021, 09:44 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
It's looking fine, the chart's been used by hundreds of people by now, good luck with the rest!

Old 05-12-2021, 11:08 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Hundreds if not thousands

Old 05-15-2021, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infinity g35 coupe
Question need help no audio after new radio

i need help to all my fellow G35 owners i have a 04 G35 coupe and im currently doing the radio but im stuck!!!
so i got the 2003 - 2004 Infinity G35 Aftermarket Stereo Dash Kit (Pewter) with Dual Climate Control
ITS NOT JUST PLUG AND PLAY
i have one harness left that i have no idea what goes to it
Also my speakers are not working i have all the original BOSE speakers and amp
I cant figure out the steering wheel controls too
If someone could please helpppp

Last edited by Loritzap2; 05-16-2021 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:19 PM
infinity g35 coupe
wait so i ave a 04 coupe and im currently in the middle of putting a new radio in and im stuck i haven't use the PAC that everyone is talking about im not sure if that the problem but also the radio is working a it turns on now but my speakers are not working

Old 05-21-2021, 03:10 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Start back at post #1 and read everything. If everyone is talking about a part, then there's a good reason, probably that you need it for a BOSE car to actually work.

Hope you got it figured out.

Wrathernaut (05-30-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 01:54 AM
2006 G35 Coupe Premium with Navigation and Bose
Sorry if this might have been answered somewhere else in this very lengthy thread.

I have a 2006 G35 Coupe W/ navigation and bose. I have a PAC SWI-CP2 Steering Wheel Control Adapter that i need to hook up for steering wheel programming. My installer was not able to find where the factory location of the oem bluetooth module was to hookup the new steering wheel control adapter in order to jump some wires to make it work. Could someone point out where it could be? Or better yet, perhaps have a useful diagram or picture clearly showing where it is in the vehicle of my year and spec? Would greatly appreciate help with this.

Old 08-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by OmniCell
Sorry if this might have been answered somewhere else in this very lengthy thread.

I have a 2006 G35 Coupe W/ navigation and bose. I have a PAC SWI-CP2 Steering Wheel Control Adapter that i need to hook up for steering wheel programming. My installer was not able to find where the factory location of the oem bluetooth module was to hookup the new steering wheel control adapter in order to jump some wires to make it work. Could someone point out where it could be? Or better yet, perhaps have a useful diagram or picture clearly showing where it is in the vehicle of my year and spec? Would greatly appreciate help with this.
i have a 06 g35 sedan 6 speed

ive added:

alpine INE-W977hd radio
iDatalink maestro sw steering control module
sat radio with oem shark fin (drilled roof)
added 2 oem gps antenna behind climate computer (1 for alpine and one for oem nav) they work great
alpine multi accessory module
Alpine cam switcher with rear and front cam
audison CarPlay hd
audison drc-mp controller (to control my Audison CarPlay and bit processor)
audison ap f8.9 bit processor running active crossovers
audison av-k6 component speakers front and rear (made hole in rear door panel for tweets)
Audison ap-f1d x2 sub amps
audison av12 subs x2 @4ohm
0ga power with all fused distribution boxes

added factory nav and it works (also a video bypass module) so my Audison CarPlay can send video into the factory nav screen but sends audio to my 8.9bit using optical cable

converted my climate control to dual zone
added auto driver seat with electric steering column (this was fun) but it works great
A lot of other stuff.

Where factory Bose amp, xm and Bluetooth/telephone modules should be (under rear deck) I installed my Audison processor and amps there and used the hole from oem sub and installed a 200mm fan there so it pulls air from inside to keep the amps cool. Using the amp turn on lead to turn on a relay that powers the fan so when amps are on the fan is on (can’t hear fan running) I’ll eventually add a temp controller to control the fan with amp temperature so it only runs when temps go up.

jdm radio trim panel and oem dual zone climate controls installed to retain all factory diag menus and keep it looking oem. Climate box converted to dual zone. Had to take dash and bar out with climate box (dynomat and insulated firewall) before reinstalling.

added alarm and Autostart while I was there.
directed ds4+ module.

each speaker gets connected to processor/amp directly without any crossovers so I ran 4 new wires per door (each speaker has a channel) nothing is bridged ether. Oem speaker wires are just taped off and not used.

Ran a lot of new wires and some shielded wires for data bus (bus and can computer lines) between some modules where needed.

will be installing a K40 soon with optics while the front end is apart for engine swap (built engine with twinkies) this will be fun.

I’ll try to answer any questions I can.

I hardly used any PAC audio parts in my installs.
our G does not really need it anyway.
ether ASWC (needs an extra ground) or what I use Maestro SW (easier to connect and has its own ground feed wire) is all you really need (5 wire hookup).
If you care about audio quality don’t use line converters instead get hardware suited for your install unless you really really have to (my setup has none).

Old 08-09-2021, 11:21 AM
2006 G35 Coupe Premium with Navigation and Bose
Thanks for replying!

So from what you're telling me, it sounds like the bluetooth module that is needing to be accessed is located under the rear deck nearby where the two bose speaker grills are are facing up? I know your configured G35 is the sedan, can you or anyone else confirm if it is located in the same location for the G35 Coupe???

Last edited by OmniCell; 08-09-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:00 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by OmniCell
Thanks for replying!

So from what you're telling me, it sounds like the bluetooth module that is needing to be accessed is located under the rear deck nearby where the two bose speaker grills are are facing up? I know your configured G35 is the sedan, can you or anyone else confirm if it is located in the same location for the G35 Coupe???
on the coupe, the amp, Bluetooth, and XM are left side of the spare under that plastic panel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List