Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black with all factory option
Originally Posted by romansan2008
I’m assuming your car a bose.

Black and black/white wires are all ground and should be connected together. The black/white wires are amp grounds I think you should have 1 or 2 of them and 1 black

blue wire is antenna
blue/white is the remote wire that turns on the amp and should be connected to radios remote out/amp control wire and if it does not have it connect it to blue wire of the loc.

there are so many modules out now that I can’t remember what wire color they all use for amp trigger wire.

let me know if it works. If not: what radio and loc you using so I can look up the diagrams
I didn’t have to blue wires connected at all I think that may be my problem I will definitely try that now! Thank you! Will follow up if it works

I just tried it and I still got no sound.. I also have a brown wire but on the wiring diagram is says not used. And I’m using the PAC LOC LP7-4 and using the Kenwood DMX4707S.

My Headunit comes with a red ignition wire and a blue power control / antenna control wire - and the Metra 7551has both the ignition wire and power antenna wire as well should I connect all of them together?

Last edited by fulljamaican; 02-17-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:22 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by fulljamaican
I didn’t have to blue wires connected at all I think that may be my problem I will definitely try that now! Thank you! Will follow up if it works

I just tried it and I still got no sound.. I also have a brown wire but on the wiring diagram is says not used. And I’m using the PAC LOC 7-4 and using the Kenwood DMX4707S.

My Headunit comes with a red ignition wire and a blue power control / antenna control wire - and the Metra 7551has both the ignition wire and power antenna wire as well should I connect all of them together?

the radio blue wire goes to the Metra plug blue wire and the blue/white to blue/white on the plug.
the PAC LOC only gets the RCA and yellow and black connected. The blue and brown tape up and do not connect. Sometimes the brown also gets connected to ground if you are getting noice at very low volume.

if radio only has a blue wire and no blue/white.
connect the blue wire from radio to the blue and blue/white on the plug.

this way your antenna amp and speaker amp turns on with radio.

the gain on the loc should be around 1/2 to 3/4 turn, do not go over 80% on the loc adjuster or it will sound like crap and give low volume noice.
start at 1/2 and turn the volume up on radio if it’s too low from speakers turn up the gain on loc till you happy with how loud it gets. If it starts to pop or sound funny beck the gain down a bit.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:08 AM
the radio blue wire goes to the Metra plug blue wire and the blue/white to blue/white on the plug.
the PAC LOC only gets the RCA and yellow and black connected. The blue and brown tape up and do not connect. Sometimes the brown also gets connected to ground if you are getting noice at very low volume.

if radio only has a blue wire and no blue/white.
connect the blue wire from radio to the blue and blue/white on the plug.

this way your antenna amp and speaker amp turns on with radio.

the gain on the loc should be around 1/2 to 3/4 turn, do not go over 80% on the loc adjuster or it will sound like crap and give low volume noice.
start at 1/2 and turn the volume up on radio if it’s too low from speakers turn up the gain on loc till you happy with how loud it gets. If it starts to pop or sound funny beck the gain down a bit.
I just tried this and only thing I got was faint hiss/static.. i even tried reconnecting all the speaker wires and still got nothing. Also adjusted the LOC slowly while connected. Could it be my grounds that aren’t connected properly (the ones from Harness to LOC)?

I went ahead and ordered the PAC - ROEM- NIS2 should be here by Saturday. Hopefully I can do this. Been without the car for a week now cause I just couldn’t get it thanks so much for your help!

Read the reviews of the LOC I have seems to have some of the same complaints of it not working properly with similar hissing what I experienced

Last edited by fulljamaican; 02-17-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:36 AM
I just tried this and only thing I got was faint hiss/static.. i even tried reconnecting all the speaker wires and still got nothing. Also adjusted the LOC slowly while connected. Could it be my grounds that aren’t connected properly (the ones from Harness to LOC)?

I went ahead and ordered the PAC - ROEM- NIS2 should be here by Saturday. Hopefully I can do this. Been without the car for a week now cause I just couldn’t get it thanks so much for your help!

Read the reviews of the LOC I have seems to have some of the same complaints of it not working properly with similar hissing what I experienced
only a slight hiss but no music?
that means amp is turning on but not getting music signal.

remove the loc from the car. Just unplug it.
connect the rca from the Metra plug directly to the radio rca, I assume the radio has rca outputs.

if radio does not have rca outputs, connect the radio speaker wires to the LOC by cutting off the 4 rca’s on the loc and connecting wires directly without using the rca plugs on radio.

make sure the wires match

Our G’s don’t need a LOC if used with correct radio (that has rca outputs) and harness adapter with rca on it if used in bose car.

Last edited by romansan2008; 02-17-2022 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:54 AM
only a slight hiss but no music?
that means amp is turning on but not getting music signal.

remove the loc from the car. Just unplug it.
connect the rca from the Metra plug directly to the radio rca, I assume the radio has rca outputs.

if radio does not have rca outputs, connect the radio speaker wires to the LOC by cutting off the 4 rca’s on the loc and connecting wires directly without using the rca plugs on radio.

make sure the wires match

Our G’s don’t need a LOC if used with correct radio (that has rca outputs) and harness adapter with rca on it if used in bose car.
you are a life savior!!!! Thank you sooo much it!!!

Old 02-17-2022, 12:08 PM
you are a life savior!!!! Thank you sooo much it!!!
it works. Awesome.

you should see what I’ve done to my 06 g35 sedan.

nav radio, steering wheel controls, DSP, 3 amps (separated every speaker on its own channel), 2x 12” subs, added factory nav, added all 4 auto windows and auto headlights, all new Audison component speakers and drilled rear door panel for tweeter. Adding Audison bitPlay soon and will tap the stock nav popup screen so the bitPlay will play video on it when on and stock nav screen when off.
added auto driver seat and electric steering wheel column. It’s a long list of mods.

had to make my own harnesses and tap oem plugs or add pins in oem plugs so everything works like it should using oem fuses.

plus the usual list of upgrades like suspension arms and coilovers plus stillen dual runner exhaust into single stock looking muffler.

car looks oem. Exactly how I want.
new engine (6k miles on it now), trans cd00a.
as soon as I have over 12k miles on engine, twin turbos are getting installed. Not happy about pulling engine out again but it would not be fun if it was easy.

most of the mods I did to the car was because the dealer or friend said it can’t be done.
I love a challenge.

Old 02-17-2022, 01:20 PM
it works. Awesome.

you should see what I’ve done to my 06 g35 sedan.

nav radio, steering wheel controls, DSP, 3 amps (separated every speaker on its own channel), 2x 12” subs, added factory nav, added all 4 auto windows and auto headlights, all new Audison component speakers and drilled rear door panel for tweeter. Adding Audison bitPlay soon and will tap the stock nav popup screen so the bitPlay will play video on it when on and stock nav screen when off.
added auto driver seat and electric steering wheel column. It’s a long list of mods.

had to make my own harnesses and tap oem plugs or add pins in oem plugs so everything works like it should using oem fuses.

plus the usual list of upgrades like suspension arms and coilovers plus stillen dual runner exhaust into single stock looking muffler.

car looks oem. Exactly how I want.
new engine (6k miles on it now), trans cd00a.
as soon as I have over 12k miles on engine, twin turbos are getting installed. Not happy about pulling engine out again but it would not be fun if it was easy.

most of the mods I did to the car was because the dealer or friend said it can’t be done.
I love a challenge.
wow I know exactly who I’m coming to with any questions for sure! I can do suspension all day it’s just wiring confuses me like crazy 😂

was the swap hard? And do you have a manual or auto?

Old 02-17-2022, 01:45 PM
wow I know exactly who I’m coming to with any questions for sure! I can do suspension all day it’s just wiring confuses me like crazy 😂

was the swap hard? And do you have a manual or auto?
my car a 6 speed manual that’s why I’m keeping her. My suspension is over $3k and stereo over $10k. I love wiring, I do that on a daily bases at work so it’s easy.

I just took out my original 240k engine/trans out and replaced it with brand new. Upgraded the fuel system to cj motor sports S1 kit with fuel return, pump return correction kit new injectors and fuel rails. Lots of work been done to her but on the outside she still looks stock to anyone that does not know this car.

rear end is next on my list, diff rebuilt and I need to rebalance and change center bearing on driveshaft..

im kind of bringing this car back to brand new status. I did test the body and it’s in great shape.

Old 02-19-2022, 02:39 PM
G35 coupe
I need help figuring out my HU install's connection to the powered antenna. My Sony XAV-AX5000 HU doesn't have a blue out - just a Blue/white for what the manual says is Amp remote AND powered antenna.
I'm installing an amp in the trunk and was planning to run the amp remote on wire alongside the new power line. At the HU I'm using the Scosche NN03B adaptor harness which has a Blue for the power antenna/factory amplifier remote turn on and a Blue/White which is for factory amplifier remote turn on.
I'm not sure how to connect this to get my antenna power. Do I splice the Blue and the Red from the Scoshe to the red on the HU harness?
Or do I use the Blue/White on the HU as BOTH the antenna feed and the remote amp turn on?

Not sure how to proceed.
Also, since I'm going to get my speaker connections from the amp, and I'm running a dedicated amp remote on wire to the amp, I'm not sure I need to use anything from the smaller of the two plugs in the Scosche harness adaptor. is that right??

Sony harness and description from manual

Scosche adaptor harness and description

Sony XAV-AX5000 manual

Last edited by Coupe de Gray; 02-19-2022 at 02:46 PM. Reason: missing text
Old 02-19-2022, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Coupe de Gray
I need help figuring out my HU install's connection to the powered antenna. My Sony XAV-AX5000 HU doesn't have a blue out - just a Blue/white for what the manual says is Amp remote AND powered antenna.
I'm installing an amp in the trunk and was planning to run the amp remote on wire alongside the new power line. At the HU I'm using the Scosche NN03B adaptor harness which has a Blue for the power antenna/factory amplifier remote turn on and a Blue/White which is for factory amplifier remote turn on.
I'm not sure how to connect this to get my antenna power. Do I splice the Blue and the Red from the Scoshe to the red on the HU harness?
Or do I use the Blue/White on the HU as BOTH the antenna feed and the remote amp turn on?

Not sure how to proceed.
Also, since I'm going to get my speaker connections from the amp, and I'm running a dedicated amp remote on wire to the amp, I'm not sure I need to use anything from the smaller of the two plugs in the Scosche harness adaptor. is that right??

Sony harness and description from manual

Scosche adaptor harness and description

Sony XAV-AX5000 manual

id use the blue/white wire from the radio to power the antenna and the amp you planing to install.

do not connect antenna or amp turn on to the red (accessory) wire.

for the amp I assume subs, run the rca from radio with the remote turn on wire on left side of car to the amp and the power from battery to the amp on the right side of car. This is how I ran mine and I have 0 noise in my system.
my power wire is 0ga from battery to rear deck where I have a fused distribution block.

edit:

your car is not bose right?
that harness is for non bose car.

edit2:

oh you’ll amp all speakers.
will you be running new speaker wires into the doors?

if you want to save some time and headache, I’d run rca with remote from radio (blue/white) to amp and then amp speaker output to the connector behind radio. Without connecting the radio speaker wires to anything.

if you will run new wires for speakers then only connect the yellow, black, red, orange if radio supports it on the connector to the radio. And the blue w/ blue/white wires on connector connected to the blue/white on radio. The white, grey, green and purple tape off and do not use.

Last edited by romansan2008; 02-19-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:58 PM
G35 coupe
Thank you.
No subs, just doors and 6x9s in the rear shelf. I'm running RCAs for both, down the tunnel to the trunk.
So if I use the blue/white from the HU for both the antenna and the remote amp on, I'll connect the B/W from the HU to the Blue on the scoche adaptor and splice my amp remote on wire from that connection and run it to the amp?

Old 02-19-2022, 03:06 PM
Thank you.
No subs, just doors and 6x9s in the rear shelf. I'm running RCAs for both, down the tunnel to the trunk.
So if I use the blue/white from the HU for both the antenna and the remote amp on, I'll connect the B/W from the HU to the Blue on the scoche adaptor and splice my amp remote on wire from that connection and run it to the amp?
upgrades, I only have 6.5” speakers in doors. No speakers in rear deck.

ckecknout my older post, added 2 edits to it.

edit:

on the adapter the blue wire and the blue/white wires go together and connect to radio blue/white wire. Your amp turn on wire also goes here too.

Old 02-19-2022, 03:21 PM
G35 coupe
Thanks again. My car is Bose but I'm replacing/bypassing the whole thing, so I figured the harness would work ok since I'm only using wires that don't go through the bose system? . new HU, amp and speakers. I was going to tap into the factory speaker harness in the trunk at the Bose outputs to get signal to the doors and ill probably just run new wires to the 6x9s since they are right there

Last edited by Coupe de Gray; 02-19-2022 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:34 PM
Thanks again. My car is Bose but I'm replacing/bypassing the whole thing. new HU, amp and speakers. I was going to tap into the factory speaker harness in the trunk at the Bose outputs to get signal to the doors and ill probably just run new wires to the 6x9s since they are right there
I was going to say that, unplug the Bose amp in trunk, connect your amp outputs to the wires in the trunk in the Bose amp output plug. This will same you a lot of time running wires up to the speakers.

just replace all speakers, aftermarket amps do not like the Bose 0.5 ohm speakers.

my Audison bit DSP is actually at the same spot where Bose amp used to be.

Old 02-19-2022, 03:40 PM
G35 coupe
Yeah, I removed the Bose amp and the voice unit and I'm trying to mount my amp in that spot. The new amp is a little big though so I might have to trim the outer edge of the cover to fit.
I have new Focal components for the doors and new 6x9s for the deck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List