Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Night
can u tell me which wires arent supposed to be connected i dont have the orange, and the 4 speaker green/red violet/red white/red gray/red are all not connected which means all the high +'s are connected and im almost positive the amp turn on is conected the yellow power is conneccted the only thing i can think of is i put all the grounds to one ground wire and grounded it. i will recheck wires tho
Did you connect the amplifier ground?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wait what color is the amplifier ground?it doesnt say any wire is amp ground on the ROEM-NIS2 (OEM-1) harness

Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
****, theyre almost done...and they couldnt fit the navigation.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
what sucks is that they only told us after they were halfway done and we already paid.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 PM
And here's my new system with no more oem navi. It cost $500 total for the metra kit, Pioneer AVH-2300DVD, and installation. Pretty good deal right?

Attached Thumbnails Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-img_20110802_180615.jpg  
Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ahhhh no.....

I hope you got all your pieces back.....

Mike

Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by emceephi
And here's my new system with no more oem navi. It cost $500 total for the metra kit, Pioneer AVH-2300DVD, and installation. Pretty good deal right?
well if ur not usin ur Navi, can i get ur "push enter" selector button off u? my wife took mine off as a joke and then she lost it -_-

Old 08-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Trickstyle
well if ur not usin ur Navi, can i get ur "push enter" selector button off u? my wife took mine off as a joke and then she lost it -_-
Sorry, I might try to reinstalling the navi someday(yeah right) or maybe try to sell it on ebay.

And I was wondering, how easy would it be for someone to steal my new stereo? I have some friends who have had their stereos stolen before, but those were the single din units and different cars. This one(and I assume all double din) doesn't have a detachable face or anything.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Sorry, I might try to reinstalling the navi someday(yeah right) or maybe try to sell it on ebay.

And I was wondering, how easy would it be for someone to steal my new stereo? I have some friends who have had their stereos stolen before, but those were the single din units and different cars. This one(and I assume all double din) doesn't have a detachable face or anything.
back when i was younger and more immature, i knew this guy who stole car stereos. his friend got in the cars with coat hangers and that guy would simply rip out the stereos, if he saw a crack to slip his mini crowbar in and he would get the HU... 30 seconds or less, every time :| if a theif wants your stuff, they are gunna get it. they arent drivin ur G the next day so they could care less how much they bang it up. and needless to say, if your alarm goes off, theres not gunna be any time wasted finding wires to cut to silence it. like i said... 2 crowbars, 30 seconds or less, every time :/ so yeah, single din or double din... they are gunna get it if they want it

Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Night
can u tell me which wires arent supposed to be connected i dont have the orange, and the 4 speaker green/red violet/red white/red gray/red are all not connected which means all the high +'s are connected and im almost positive the amp turn on is conected the yellow power is conneccted the only thing i can think of is i put all the grounds to one ground wire and grounded it. i will recheck wires tho
first
If the radio isnt turning on, check red(on/off signal from the ignition), yellow(power source from battery, chk inline fuse) and black(ground)
If the bose amp or aftermarket amp isnt turning on, chk blue/white, i believe solid blue is the antenna...

now for the bolded section, you said high +'s are connected? what high +'s were you referring to? is that on the PAC or your HU? ugh well i just went to the website n looked up your unit's compatibility and it doesnt have the G35 listed :/ and its updated as of today

Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
so they said they could keep the navi, but they ended up removing it, and charged you $500?

i would be going back. get the correct parts, take them to them, and make them do it right, imo

and is that just a bigass hole where the navi used to be???

Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
so they said they could keep the navi, but they ended up removing it, and charged you $500?

i would be going back. get the correct parts, take them to them, and make them do it right, imo

and is that just a bigass hole where the navi used to be???
I posted a picture. There's a little pocket to put stuff now.

I didn't really care too much because I've rarely used my navi in the past two years. It's not touchscreen, it takes forever to type in stuff, you can't just search for businesses, and I have to pull over to type anything. I just use my android phone with google maps and navigation.

EDIT: They didn't exactly tell ME they could do it. My mom and dad brought my car in first without me. When I checked the receipt later, I told my mom I doubted the metra kit would fit with the navigation. She told me not to worry and that they're professionals(nope lol). I went in yesterday with my dad and picked out the stereo I wanted and they installed it. So I guess I should blame my mother? lol

Last edited by emceephi; 08-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So I thought that you could use your "back brace" part from the stock OEM on the JDM kit but looking at the JDM kit it looks like it is all one piece? Maybe I miss-read something but I thought you could simply swap out your back piece?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I posted a picture. There's a little pocket to put stuff now.

I didn't really care too much because I've rarely used my navi in the past two years. It's not touchscreen, it takes forever to type in stuff, you can't just search for businesses, and I have to pull over to type anything. I just use my android phone with google maps and navigation.

EDIT: They didn't exactly tell ME they could do it. My mom and dad brought my car in first without me. When I checked the receipt later, I told my mom I doubted the metra kit would fit with the navigation. She told me not to worry and that they're professionals(nope lol). I went in yesterday with my dad and picked out the stereo I wanted and they installed it. So I guess I should blame my mother? lol
i understand, but they still told your mom one thing and did another. for the money you or your mom or whomever spent, i would take it back to get the navi back. if nothing else then you will have it in there if you ever sell the car or something

Old 08-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by shocker611
So I thought that you could use your "back brace" part from the stock OEM on the JDM kit but looking at the JDM kit it looks like it is all one piece? Maybe I miss-read something but I thought you could simply swap out your back piece?
yeah, u can, u just screw in your ac controls and then screw in your back peice. if u have navi your navi should still be attached... no need to disconnect it, just remove your POS OEM radio and put your DD there. then seat it back in and wala! your good!

btw the back peice im talking bout is the one that is screwed down behind the clock and goes all the way down to the HU...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List