Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

05 Double-DIN kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of the different units that are in dash besides the pioneer, kenwood, and the eclipse? I'd like one that has navi, and can play dvds without having to buy separate units. Pics of the units would be great...thank!

~Julie~

Old 08-21-2005, 08:11 PM
_jb
Photographer

Inno - I remember you from the Premium Mirror posts too. I bought a factory mirror from eBay... auto-dimming is a very cool feature, as is the HomeLink for my garage door opener. So, of course I'm thinking about DD too...

What is the pac swi-x interface needed to make the steering wheel controls work with the Eclipse head unit? Where would you get one (if it is needed with the Eclipse head unit)?

Have any of you tried the new Eclipse AVN5435 head unit? It looks like a newer unit, I don't know if it's actually out yet.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _jb
Inno - I remember you from the Premium Mirror posts too. I bought a factory mirror from eBay... auto-dimming is a very cool feature, as is the HomeLink for my garage door opener. So, of course I'm thinking about DD too...

What is the pac swi-x interface needed to make the steering wheel controls work with the Eclipse head unit? Where would you get one (if it is needed with the Eclipse head unit)?

Have any of you tried the new Eclipse AVN5435 head unit? It looks like a newer unit, I don't know if it's actually out yet.

yeah i just installed it on a members 05 G35 coupe this weekend... its a lil better than the older 2454's... the biggest difference it that it can get satellite radio and has 5V outputs, opposed to the 1.8V older one, so sound is cleaner

and yeah if u want to keep steering wheel controls, get the pac swi-x interface, u can get it practically anywhere, and www.crutchfield.com

Old 08-22-2005, 01:53 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by GRider35c
yeah i just installed it on a members 05 G35 coupe this weekend... its a lil better than the older 2454's... the biggest difference it that it can get satellite radio and has 5V outputs, opposed to the 1.8V older one, so sound is cleaner
Is there somewhere I can download the manual for these Eclipse units? I like the fact that the AVN5435 has a slot for the Nav DVD and a second slot for movie DVDs or music CDs. Less disk swapping so you don't really need an external changer...

Is there a good place to puchhase AVN5435 Nav systems? I found some on eBay, but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere else.

and yeah if u want to keep steering wheel controls, get the pac swi-x interface, u can get it practically anywhere, and www.crutchfield.com
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nqJgjlK...%2Dx+interface

This unit uses the head units wireless controls, but they mention one that wires up directly. Did you install the pac swi-x interface in the 2005 G35 that you just installed?

Thanks for your help...

Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
Is there somewhere I can download the manual for these Eclipse units? I like the fact that the AVN5435 has a slot for the Nav DVD and a second slot for movie DVDs or music CDs. Less disk swapping so you don't really need an external changer...

I just had one installed last week so I will try to answer some of your questions. No, the manual is not available online, I looked for it too. It's not in the Eclipse webiste. The unit does have two slots, but the top slot is only for CD's while the bottom one is for the Nav DVD and regular DVD's. So you can only have one type of DVD in the system at a time. I am trying to find out if you can input your destination, have the Nav find the route and then get the Nav DVD out and put a regular DVD in. I know some systems can do that but I have not tried it on the 5435 yet.

Is there a good place to puchhase AVN5435 Nav systems? I found some on eBay, but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere else.

Usually you will have to go through an Eclipse authorized dealer. I also saw them on ebay but if you read the feedback of the seller a lot of his transactions ended up in complaints. I ended up not paying too much over the ebay price from the authorized dealer anyway, I was able to bargain on the price

This unit uses the head units wireless controls, but they mention one that wires up directly. Did you install the pac swi-x interface in the 2005 G35 that you just installed?

I talked to Eclipse CS about this. They have a plug on the back for steering wheels controls but it will only work directly with Toyota's (not sure about Lexus). So if you're car is not a Toyota and you get the Eclipse then you have to go with Pac SWI-X. I am getting it installed tomorrow because they forgot to do it when they installed the HU (last minute addition on my part).

Thanks for your help...
Your're welcome and enjoy, I like it quite a bit and have just started toying with it

Old 08-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone had an 05' Double Din Finisher they wanted to get rid of..if so please email me.

Old 08-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ariesxtreme
I was wondering if anyone had an 05' Double Din Finisher they wanted to get rid of..if so please email me.
talk to paranormal, i think he had one up for sale

Old 08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by mcastlejr
Your're welcome and enjoy, I like it quite a bit and have just started toying with it
Thanks for all the info. I just assumed that both disk slots would be DVD... better to find out now that one of them is only a CD... still you could listen to CD music while you drive down the road and use the Nav system.

Does the music mute when the Nav system gives voice commands? I would hope that it does, since the music and Nav are both contained in one unit.

Please post back after you install the pac swi-x interface. I hope it works well. I don't think I'd give up my steering wheel controls... I hope I don't have to.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by _jb

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nqJgjlK...%2Dx+interface

Thanks for your help...
one slot is for cd or mp3 and the other is for nav OR dvd movies... cd and dvd arent in the same slot, so its either navi or movie, not both simultaneously...

AVN, good guys has them!

yeah i installed the pac swi-x in my 05, it works fine, but there is a normal 1/2 second lag...
wired up directly?? u mean like a wired "remote" control???

Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned
regarding the navi voice, the driver speaker, front left, mutes and switches to navi voice... not all speakers, this is common in navi systems

Old 08-25-2005, 03:16 AM
The guys installed the steering wheel controls today. Now to tell you the truth, I am not sure I have the SWI-X. The installer told me that PAC (they are in our local area) came in last week and took one of the AVNs to work on an interface. They brought it in to the shop on Monday and my car was the first one to have it installed. Yes, it has a lag (about 1/2 second or so) and I was told that the power button would not work (haven't tested it), but all the other buttons work. I don't see an IR transmitter so I think it is hooked up directly to the back of the Eclipse.

You might want to contact PAC directly just in case they already have these available.
http://www.pac-audio.com/

Old 08-25-2005, 03:09 PM
_jb
Photographer

one slot is for cd or mp3 and the other is for nav OR dvd movies... cd and dvd arent in the same slot, so its either navi or movie, not both simultaneously...
I guess that makes sense. Saves a bit of money for them too. Otherwise they would probably have to put in a video switch and additional wiring...

AVN, good guys has them!
GoodGuys.com? I searched but didn't find any Eclipse units.

yeah i installed the pac swi-x in my 05, it works fine, but there is a normal 1/2 second lag...
wired up directly?? u mean like a wired "remote" control???
I meant a steering wheel interface that did not rely on IR technology to work. I have heard of problems with the wireless in the sun... and I live in Florida.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:17 PM
_jb
Photographer

The installer told me that PAC (they are in our local area) came in last week and took one of the AVNs to work on an interface. They brought it in to the shop on Monday and my car was the first one to have it installed.
You Californians get all the cool stuff first!

Yes, it has a lag (about 1/2 second or so) and I was told that the power button would not work (haven't tested it), but all the other buttons work. I don't see an IR transmitter so I think it is hooked up directly to the back of the Eclipse.
I went to the PAC web site (thanks for the link) and found that they do make wired SWI units for specific head units. They don't have one for Eclipse listed yet. From what you said, they must be working on it.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/swi.htm

You might want to contact PAC directly just in case they already have these available.
I sent an E-Mail to their sales support person listed in their contact-up portion of their web site. Thanks for all the information, I appreciate it!

Old 08-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Old 08-26-2005, 10:46 AM
_jb
Photographer

If you want to see my 5435 installed click over to this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65197
Wow!!! That is certainly impressive.

I mainly want the Nav system. The better stereo and DVD capabilities will just be nice extras... OK... maybe a few new speakers to take advantage of the Eclipse head unit...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 Double-DIN kit