Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Deadening the G.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great thread!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
So what's the verdict guys? What's the best foam spray to use for the trunk?

Old 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts
Bumping this up. I'm interested in doing some sound deadening on my coupe. I plan on using some B-quiet Ultimate, but I'm also looking for input and reviews from others on the products they used!

-Sean

Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I used Rammat BXTII recently and it works great.

I put two layers on the outer door panel and noticed a nice change in road noise.
My main goal was to get rid of the rear deck rattle (sedan).

Its not completly gone but its a lot better. Less rattle = more SQ. Sure sometimes I turn it up and the the rear deck sound like **** but the majority of the time its clean.

I like Damplifier and Rammat BXTII. Both are really good products. RammatBXTII is cheaper.

When you hold damplifer in you hand you can EASILY see and feel why the price is higher. The foil on the damp means business.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by Footballmania32
Bumping this up. I'm interested in doing some sound deadening on my coupe. I plan on using some B-quiet Ultimate, but I'm also looking for input and reviews from others on the products they used!

-Sean
I still recommend the stuff from www.sounddeadenershowdown.com over anything else out there.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by The-Dream
So what's the verdict guys? What's the best foam spray to use for the trunk?
I used great stuff for doors and windows. I did the DAP foam shown by th OP and it never dried at all. I ended up using great stuff to push out the white foam. I didn't have any issues with the trunk flexing or anything. Be sure to cover the whole rear end because it's not forgiving if you get it where you don't want it. If you never used the stuff before I would practice on other things around the house first to get accustomed to how it comes out the straw.

Lessons learned:

Wear disposable gloves. If you get any on the glove at all change it. If not you will mistakenly be leaving the stuff all over (remember what I said about not forgiving).

Have a piece of cardboard to put the can and straw on if you need to set it down. You'll figure out that the foam keeps oozing out after you let go.

Have plenty of paper towels.

The straw can be a pita. When screwing it on use a small pair of needle nose pliers to hold the spot right beneath the base area of where the straw screws in and tighten the straw. If not it will loosen on you during the work and that can create a mess! If you don't hold it with pliers it will only go on so tight then the whole nozzle spins.

No, I'm not a pro. I started 2 weeks ago to install a head unit, amp, sub and just door speakers. So far I haven't done any actual stereo work; still deadening. I've used about 7 cans of great stuff so far from the least expanding door and window to the big gap filler foam.

I'm also using poly-fill, Stinger Roadkill and 1/8" thick pieces of closed cell foam. The closed cell foam sheet is actually an underlayment for laminate floors called Black Jack. It's 100 sq ft for about $35. Some 3m adhesive spray and you're golden. This is compared to 12 sq ft of 1/8" adhesive backed dynamat foam @ $45.

Good luck