Sedan Specific Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Sedan Specific Suspension Question

Mods, please leave it here... I've searched in the brake/suspension forum and most of that is coupe stuff...

Is anyone running Eibach Pros with Tokico D-Spec? (I'm sure there are lots)... please post impressions - ride comfort, handling characteristics - recommended or not...

I'm not looking for coilover feedback, I've read plenty...

TIA

Old 07-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most sedans here that are dropped are running 250z springs in front and coupe springs in rears. The springs drop the car 1-inch in front and 0.5-inches in the rear. The spring rates are the same as on OEM sport suspension and doesn't change the ride quality. However, it handles a lot better than the OEM sedan sport suspension springs.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i was running it for a while. review with pics here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/158524-tokico-d-spec-eibach-pro-kit-sedan-review-pics-54k-maybe.html

the combo seems a bit too rough for my tastes. if the shocks are set too soft, the car bounces. if the shocks are set too hard, the car jitters. if you have sways, those play a much larger role with this setup, too. overall, i was loving the look (the drop is perfect), but was not too happy that i kept having to slow down to go over speed bumps and up my driveway.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by codeflux
i was running it for a while. review with pics here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158524

the combo seems a bit too rough for my tastes. if the shocks are set too soft, the car bounces. if the shocks are set too hard, the car jitters. if you have sways, those play a much larger role with this setup, too. overall, i was loving the look (the drop is perfect), but was not too happy that i kept having to slow down to go over speed bumps and up my driveway.
I do have sways... the Eibach drops it to a decent "look"... with the OEM non-sport shocks with OEM 17" the ride was fine... now that I have 19" the ride isn’t as good - specifically over moderate bumps at high speeds (like fwy)... it doesn’t handle as well...

Did you try all variations of settings with the D-Specs and not find anything suitable?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by jimmykce1
Most sedans here that are dropped are running 250z springs in front and coupe springs in rears. The springs drop the car 1-inch in front and 0.5-inches in the rear. The spring rates are the same as on OEM sport suspension and doesn't change the ride quality. However, it handles a lot better than the OEM sedan sport suspension springs.
I have springs - I'm asking about shocks/struts - BTW, 1" in front and .5" in rear isnt that great a look IMO.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Did you try all variations of settings with the D-Specs and not find anything suitable?
i tried softest/softest (was way too soft - very bouncy/rocky) and 4.5/4.5 turns from hard (was acceptable, but too rough - handled like a pro, but in the city driving it really sucked). frankly, i was relieved after i put stock sport suspension back on - i can live with the car now.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
code - I just read the full thread... looks like you went though several attempts to be satisfied and really never got there...

I'm looking for "decent" ride comfort with better than avg handling... based on the thread you linked it seems I might meet those needs with he d-specs?...

Edit: ooops, I posted this after your response above...

Maybe coilovers need another look from me

Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM
i do recommend coil-overs. the trick there is that the manufacturer has already figured out all the pros and cons, the settings are done just right (supposedly), and you know what to expect. the thing with mixing and matching is that yes, you do pay less, and you do choose what your car looks like, but the handling is an undefined variable that you don't know until you actually try it.

if i had to do it all over again (and i'm not going to, at least not with this car), i'd get Tein CS, set them to medium-to-soft, and forget it.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
great thread fellas, i'm gonna go w/the crap shoot... i've got Tokico HP non-adj shocks & struts on the way. hope they're a good match w/my H&R's.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
great thread fellas, i'm gonna go w/the crap shoot... i've got Tokico HP non-adj shocks & struts on the way. hope they're a good match w/my H&R's.
Let me know how those turn out, I got the H&R's too on my X sedan. Can't do much with the X, but I can feel that my stock shocks are done!!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
^^^will do

Old 07-22-2008, 02:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
code - I just read the full thread... looks like you went though several attempts to be satisfied and really never got there...

I'm looking for "decent" ride comfort with better than avg handling... based on the thread you linked it seems I might meet those needs with he d-specs?...

Edit: ooops, I posted this after your response above...

Maybe coilovers need another look from me
I have 3.5 from full frot and 4.0 from full rear (I want the rear to be a tad more soft to give the car a bit more corner exit speed). I know this might be a bit too harsh for many people, but this has been the best compromise for me in terms of handling and comfort.

Btw, I pair this up with 350z revised springs and stillen sways on Med/Med setting.

Hope this helps

Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a similar setup, tokico blues with coupe springs, and stillen sways. I didnt want to lower it that much.. Anybody getting a clunk over the driver side front wheel over rough pavement with the medium/medium setting? It's weird only over one wheel.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:10 AM
So what is a godo option to improve handling WITHOUT lowering the car? The only cars that look good lowered were manufactured before 1975...imho..

Old 07-22-2008, 03:41 AM
replace the shocks with higher dampening, put the coupe springs on (they literally lower the car 1/2 inch, not noticeable...sway bars too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sedan Specific Suspension Question