Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
There you go Sean. Now please clarify, is this just an observation?

Because you DO know if I ran the 06Z 12.6" rotors, I couldn't bolt up the early 03 calipers RIGHT??

I suggest you stop while you're only 2 behind.
The never ender arguments with jeff lol.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
lol, yeah i have weighed them. That is completely besides the point though. I don't know why you are bringing that here. Atleast all of the surface space on those 14" 1 peice rotors is being used.

Last time i checked race cars don't use rotors that are to "big" for the caliper. Their **** actually fits lol

-Sean

-Sean

-Sean

-Sean lol
So what's the weight? I see it's conveniently not being expressed here. Last time I checked, I posted a pic of the 2pc rotor that features all of it's swept area being used.

but I guess your simple "observation" wasn't just that, was it?

I guess I'll get my crack in also. Last time I checked, people that design their kits do just that vs buying someone's kit and copying it.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Red Card Crew

The never ender arguments with jeff lol.

-Sean
Why stop? It's like shooting a barrel full of fish with a shotgun

Old 12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
BTW Nismo. YOu got the weight of those 14" rotors yet? You know, the ones to compare with my heavy 13" units?
I still don't know where you are going with this? I could care less how much the 14.25" rotors weigh i just make a bracket that allows them to bolt up.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Red Card Crew

I still don't know where you are going with this? I could care less how much the 14.25" rotors weigh i just make a bracket that allows them to bolt up.

-Sean
I'm going where YOU were going when you asked me LOL

Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm going where YOU were going when you asked me LOL
Except that the g37 rotor is being fully utilized...and yours wasn't. So no, your not going where i was going when i asked you lol

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
My Megan BBK doesn't have any unswept area..you can barely see it in this picture..

Exactly, you know why because a properly designed brake system shouldn't have any unswept area. Unlike jeffs, ghetto rigged thing lol

Jeff, you can argue this into the ground all day, but at the end of the day if you take your first 1 peice design with all that unswept area and i take my g37 BBK to a brake expert for a racing team he is going to ask you why on earth you are using that rotor.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Red Card Crew

Except that the g37 rotor is being fully utilized...and yours wasn't. So no, your not going where i was going when i asked you lol

-Sean
Tell me, in terms of function, exactly what difference does that make?? In technical terms?

Show me a picture of a G37 rotor that's 100% swept by the pads. I haven't researched this so this is you BIG chance sean!

Oh! What do I see? Some unused rotor material! Not fully utilized! Not fully utilized! Error,error! lol. You're a numbnutz sean. You make my day man.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Tell me, in terms of function, exactly what difference does that make?? In technical terms?

Show me a picture of a G37 rotor that's 100% swept by the pads. I haven't researched this so this is you BIG chance sean!

Oh! What do I see? Some unused rotor material! Not fully utilized! Not fully utilized! Error,error! lol. You're a numbnutz sean. You make my day man.

Lol, now you are just getting stupid. And that rotor hasn't even been used. Its brand new. That is how they come from the factory, i would know. That area that isn't being used - isn't be used because the caliper takes up some space. The pad sits inside the caliper...that is why there is that probably 1/8 inch that is black. There is a difference between a rotor that might have 5% of its surface unused and a rotor that has like 25% of its surface unused. lol i tell you what since this is the biggest joke on your part i have ever seen i am going to show this to my good friend anthony that races in the indy light leage and see what he thinks. Then ill post his responce and we can see what he thinks. Then if you want to take it an extra step we can have one of the pit mechanics chime in on this. This is to funny.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Exactly, you know why because a properly designed brake system shouldn't have any unswept area. Unlike jeffs, ghetto rigged thing lol

Jeff, you can argue this into the ground all day, but at the end of the day if you take your first 1 peice design with all that unswept area and i take my g37 BBK to a brake expert for a racing team he is going to ask you why on earth you are using that rotor.

-Sean
Like I said and like everyone knows, you have no idea what you are talking about. You SEE the pic of the SAME ghetto rigged kit using the 2 pc rotor???????!?! In order to use a 2 pc rotor that clears, what needs to happen? Wait, you actually wouldn't know so I'll have to spell it out. You have to leave some room for the 2 pc hat to clear.

The ONLY reason you can take "your" G37 kit to someone is because YOU DIDN'T DESIGN JACK DIDDLY SQUAT for it! The rotors/calipers are all oem! You didn't even design the bracket! You straight copied it from someone else's kit! Nice job man!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Red Card Crew

Lol, now you are just getting stupid. And that rotor hasn't even been used. Its brand new. That is how they come from the factory, i would know. There is a difference between a rotor that might have 5% of its surface unused and a rotor that has like 25% of its surface unused. lol i tell you what since this is the biggest joke on your part i have ever seen i am going to show this to my good friend anthony that races in the indy light leage and see what he thinks. Then ill post his responce and we can see what he thinks. Then if you want to take it an extra step we can have one of the pit mechanics chime in on this. This is to funny.

-Sean

That ain't 100% used like you said now is it??? If you didn't notice, I've commented on your ignorant statements. Since you choose to continue it's ownage time

Like I said and like everyone knows, you have no idea what you are talking about. You SEE the pic of the SAME ghetto rigged kit using the 2 pc rotor???????!?! In order to use a 2 pc rotor that clears, what needs to happen? Wait, you actually wouldn't know so I'll have to spell it out. You have to leave some room for the 2 pc hat to clear.

The ONLY reason you can take "your" G37 kit to someone is because YOU DIDN'T DESIGN JACK DIDDLY SQUAT for it! The rotors/calipers are all oem! You didn't even design the bracket! You straight copied it from someone else's kit! Nice job man!
Actually that bracket has some flaws to it. Which i have been working out with a few engineers.

-Sean

Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Okay, while I was for telling the OP he needs to quit his "project" you two going back and forth like this is not cool. You're welcome to start your own swept vs unswept rotor material thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:56 PM
That ain't 100% used like you said now is it??? If you didn't notice, I've commented on your ignorant statements. Since you choose to continue it's ownage time
Where did i say 100%?

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Red Card Crew

Nope.

another pic. There is an area of unswept contact on the rotor BEFORE it curves into the hat area. But you knew this right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.