Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:53 AM
|
Brakes Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.

Updated - 12/16/08
Hi everyone, i have been thinking about putting a bbk on my car for a while but I could not decide which route to go.. after having my first thread locked for reason i have no understanding.. I have went ahead and started to piece together and design brackets to work for my car(05g35 coupe) and evo8/9 brembo 4 piston fronts and 2 piston rears..

Now I still havent found all the information i need but I will post what I have and if you have info to help please do so.. If you think this is a stupid idea and rather tell me how you would rather spend 3-4k on a BBK then go somewhere else.. This is for informational purpose and for anyone thinking and wanted to do the same thing..

First off here a few links that I am using to gather information..
My orignial thread here - https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...abricated.html

Another thread thats helpful is - http://my350z.com/forum/brakes-suspe...custom-23.html

This where i got my basic design and Measurements for the car..

car -

Brakes -

NOTE* I have not figure out which rotors I am going with just yet.. due to the fact i still need more info before i can do my math on what can and can not fit..

Now for my info

Evo 8/9 OEM Front rotor dimensions - 12.7" x 1.2"(322mm X 30mm)
Evo 8/9 Front Caliper measurements - 158mm
Evo 8/9 OEM Rear rotor Dimensions - 12.0" x 0.8" (304mm x 20mm)
Evo 8/9 Rear Caliper measurements - 149.5mm
***These measurements are from center of mounting holes***
I have not check on brake lines to see if they bolt up yet.. I assume they should..

G35 OEM Front rotor dimensions - 12.6" (320mm)
G35 Front Caliper measurements - 109mm
G35 Rear Caliper measurements - Unknown <--- SOMEONE PLEASE CHARM IN ON THIS ONE!
G35 OEM Rear rotor Dimensions - 12.0" (304mm)
Here is a draft of the bracket that im gonna go with for the front.. this week i will make some Templates to bolt up to the car for fitment..

Remember this is just a prototype.. this might change after i make my first bracket..

As of Brake Bias info.. - Moving the brake bias toward the front brakes makes the car tighter and more stable while braking and entering a turn. Moving the brake bias toward the rear makes the car looser while braking and entering a turn.

Stock G35 (Front/Rear) - ??/??
Stock Evo8/9 (Front/Rear) - ??/??

MORE TO COME I WILL UPDATE FIRST POST WHEN I GET NEW INFO..

Last edited by plugsnet; 12-16-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 01:25 PM
isnt the brake bias different for these? honestly a waste shoulda went with g37 akebonos instead of all this

Old 12-16-2008 | 01:33 PM
By the time you design, and manufacture a mounting bracket that works safely and procure a set of Evo8/9 Brembos, your entire project has now become cost inhibitive rather than just purchasing a BBK from the start...
(not withstanding any of the inevitable legal liability issues faced by such a task should the unforseen occur.)
IMHO yourt thread was locked because
A) your not a paying sponsor and parts manufacturer
B) you idea is simply not going to work

Old 12-16-2008 | 01:53 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
I hope your brackets accomodate the difference in hat offsets needed to accomodate the nissan rotor of your choice.

I hope you researched the piston sizes and calculated the new brake bias numbers and accomodated that into whatever rotor size you are going to use.

Old 12-16-2008 | 01:54 PM
how much did you pay for that BBK?

i think it would have been better if you saved a bit more so you can buy a BBK made for the G35

Old 12-16-2008 | 01:56 PM
|
Thanks for the info.. I dont need another person telling me they wont do it..
We can debate about why i should do it but honestly I DONT CARE..

If you have positive insight please chime in other than that.. you are a spectator and nothing more...

Old 12-16-2008 | 01:58 PM
|
I have not just yet because i have a few different rotors and calipers that arent all here yet.. ive bought a few different rotors along with calipers fronts and rears.. I am only in the beginning stages of what I am doing... thanks for the insight..

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I hope your brackets accomodate the difference in hat offsets needed to accomodate the nissan rotor of your choice.

I hope you researched the piston sizes and calculated the new brake bias numbers and accomodated that into whatever rotor size you are going to use.
I paided 300 for front and rear calipers if you must know.. this will be my spring 09 project.. far from a bit more buddy.. LOL thanks but no thanks..

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
how much did you pay for that BBK?

i think it would have been better if you saved a bit more so you can buy a BBK made for the G35

Last edited by plugsnet; 12-16-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 02:30 PM
and u can get oem brembos for 700 and not have to deal with all this crap and they are MADE for the car OR sell them and get ones made for your car. so youre welcome

Last edited by CreativeDesignZ; 12-16-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
and u can get oem brembos for 700 and not have to deal with all this crap and they are MADE for the car OR sell them and get ones made for your car. so youre welcome
Link?

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008 | 02:59 PM
sorry dude your totally retarded for even trying this....those calipers are MADE for an evo, different car alltogether, different weight/bias and a million other factors. A G35 6MT that runs OEm brembo's CANT just take brembo's made for a porsche and substitute them in. It's not how it works my friend....

Unfort. though seems your stubborn, so hopefully when you crash and wreck (and no doubt in my mind you will) nobody will be in your path.... Dont need to read/hear another news story about how an innocent person was killed, all b/c some guy thinks he can R&D a brake system from an arm chair. The companies who R&D these brakes invest millions of dollars and they do it professionally...

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
sorry dude your totally retarded for even trying this....those calipers are MADE for an evo, different car alltogether, different weight/bias and a million other factors. A G35 6MT that runs OEm brembo's CANT just take brembo's made for a porsche and substitute them in. It's not how it works my friend....

Unfort. though seems your stubborn, so hopefully when you crash and wreck (and no doubt in my mind you will) nobody will be in your path.... Dont need to read/hear another news story about how an innocent person was killed, all b/c some guy thinks he can R&D a brake system from an arm chair. The companies who R&D these brakes invest millions of dollars and they do it professionally...
For some reason i think this is a bit over kill. I doubt his car is going to crash and burst into flames while killing a happy familly in a cadillac. Let the guy do as he pleases and see what happens.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:11 PM
|
okay.. thanks for trying to convince someone who is going to do this regardless how stupid it may seem to some or all.. Like i said before if you have info to help me thanks if not... thanks...
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:23 PM
I'm on your side. I don't really see the point, but the idea that you are going to kill puppies and families by trying it is absurd. I think you need a good machine shop to help and you will end up with one off brakes.

Best of luck.

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:30 PM
|
I will get the brackets made a machine shop... I am designing the brackets.. they will just cut the steel once its time... Thanks
Originally Posted by MyocyteX
I'm on your side. I don't really see the point, but the idea that you are going to kill puppies and families by trying it is absurd. I think you need a good machine shop to help and you will end up with one off brakes.

Best of luck.

Old 12-16-2008 | 03:31 PM
Canada, eh?
Premier Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the G has automatic brake bias. No matter the calipers, shouldn't he be fine? I fail to see why a caliper would fvck his braking up or not. The general idea of how a caliper works is the same no matter what car it is on. Brake fluid and pistons...? I understand people may not think it doesn't work, but other than saying "it just won't work, you don't understand" do you have a logical explanation of WHY it won't work?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.