Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo Glol, yeah i have weighed them. That is completely besides the point though. I don't know why you are bringing that here. Atleast all of the surface space on those 14" 1 peice rotors is being used.
all (ôl)
adj.
1. Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity: All the windows are open. Deal all the cards. See Synonyms at whole.
2. Constituting, being, or representing the total extent or the whole: all Christendom.
3. Being the utmost possible of: argued the case in all seriousness.
4. Every: got into all manner of trouble.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Nope.

another pic. There is an area of unswept contact on the rotor BEFORE it curves into the hat area. But you knew this right?

Jeff, you are arguing something that is different now. The pad can't touch that part of the rotor, due to the caliper being in the way and how the pad sits inside the caliper. If they made the rotor so that only the pad could touch it then the caliper wouldn't even fit on it lol...what on earth are you talking about now. Im done...you and i can't debate ever because you always get off subject, but right now i am sending an email to my good friend with a picture of your first 1 peice design and we will see if he gets a good laugh.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Canadian
Okay, while I was for telling the OP he needs to quit his "project" you two going back and forth like this is not cool. You're welcome to start your own swept vs unswept rotor material thread
A better question would to ask HIM, what difference does it make? Since HE was the one to bring it up. Remember, originally, it was "just an observation" correct?

Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
all (ôl)
adj.
1. Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity: All the windows are open. Deal all the cards. See Synonyms at whole.
2. Constituting, being, or representing the total extent or the whole: all Christendom.
3. Being the utmost possible of: argued the case in all seriousness.
4. Every: got into all manner of trouble.
Got me there pal lol

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Jeff, you are arguing something that is different now. The pad can't touch that part of the rotor, due to the caliper being in the way and how the pad sits inside the caliper. If they made the rotor so that only the pad could touch it then the caliper wouldn't even fit on it lol...what on earth are you talking about now. Im done...you and i can't debate ever because you always get off subject, but right now i am sending an email to my good friend with a picture of your first 1 peice design and we will see if he gets a good laugh.

-Sean
the pad sits slightly inside my caliper also so.... what is your point? They COULD design the caliper to sweep the G37 rotor 100%. There's room. They would only have to make the system to fit a slightly smaller rotor. BUT 14" diameter was the size of the rotor they designed in with the pad size they used. So again, swept/unswept isn't the issue you make it out be.

If it can't sweep the entire rotor, then why did you say "all" of the rotor is swept? It isn't. Almost ALL oem rotors are NOT 100% swept.

BTW. Make sure to show him the 2 pc version also. You two can sign kumbaya by the campfire and laugh all day. It represents tons more of design then you ever did

Go run to your expert. I've answered all the issues on my own. Apparently you can't even answer questions on the stuff you talk about.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope.

another pic. There is an area of unswept contact on the rotor BEFORE it curves into the hat area. But you knew this right?

double pwnage

Old 12-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
double pwnage
The only area of that rotor that hasn't been used is where the caliper covers it, which is expected and ment to be. So...i don't get where i am wrong on this?

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Red Card Crew

triple ownage. Nismo, make sure to email your buddy this racing brake oem upgrade kit (13"). since it uses the stock caliper, there's no way it can sweep all of it's availabe contact area. Might be why they don't bother with running the contact area as far down as the stock small oem rotor would

Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 PM
triple ownage. Nismo, make sure to email your buddy this racing brake oem upgrade kit (13"). since it uses the stock caliper, there's no way it can sweep all of it's availabe contact area. Might be why they don't bother with running the contact area as far down as the stock small oem rotor would
There is no reason to...i just want him to tell me which one would be better on the track...your 1 peice setup of the g37 oem set up.

-Sean

Old 12-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Red Card Crew

The only area of that rotor that hasn't been used is where the caliper covers it, which is expected and ment to be. So...i don't get where i am wrong on this?

-Sean
Wrong. There's space inbetween the had and the caliper body IF they wanted to use ALL of the area. I know why they didn't but I'm using YOUR logic here, not mine.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Red Card Crew

There is no reason to...i just want him to tell me which one would be better on the track...your 1 peice setup of the g37 oem set up.

-Sean
What does that have to do with anything being discussed here? Who argued what was better for the track? Even the OP said, this isn't a track application?

Might want to tell him what the oem maxima specs are and that fact that my old car weighs 500lbs+ less than a G37 coupe.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We can sit and calculate and debate all day about what would and would not work. Heavy engineering is involved and some of us on here aren't really in that area of specialty other than the fact we know a few here and there. At the end of the day for us average joe's it's trial and error. So i support the OP for finding a way to work if it doesn't then it is a lesson learned for all enthusiast. Cost to perfromance ratio will hopefully be written down and documented by the OP

Old 12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Sean,
A perfectly designed 1piece rotor/caliper system would have NO unswept area. The clearances would be super tight between the caliper and the rotor hat. That is not the case with 99.9% of the brake systems out there, including in the akebono setup. There is still space to move the caliper closer to the hat, and have no unused area. Almost no brake systems are like this though, because unswept area doesn't really matter, other than adding additional weight. It is no different than using a caliper that is sized too large for the particular system though. There is no way around this without using a smaller rotor, or a larger caliper, both which have there positives and negatives. There is nothing wrong with Jeff's "BBK" based on unswept area. Not optimal? Maybe. A larger caliper could have probably fit on there, at the cost of additional weight, if the pistons were the same size, but would likely have a higher heat capacity. Is it needed? No. If the system was designed properly with bias kept in mind, then the performance would be fine, albeit with the weight penalty. Using a 1 piece caliper in the first place is already a larger penalty than the unswept area weight penalty.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
honestly ive followed many of Jeff's brake threads on maxima.org and have seen the quality of work hes done i suggest taking his advice SERIOUSLY. I would never point a member in the wrong direction but Jeff>all on this forum as well as the maxima forum when it comes to brakes

Old 12-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Link?

-Sean
seen'em go on ebay/craigslist pretty recently between 700-900 for G35 brembos. either way they will work better than this BS that this kid is trying to rig up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo BBK Research/Dev Thread.