Any one replace their lower ball joints?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Scredeur4
I know this isn't really the place for it, but do you know where I can get some new OEM or OE (same spec) springs for the sedan? I found everything except the springs, all I can find anywhere is lowering springs or springs that are too far used.

Well I can get the OEM springs from infiniti, but its extremely expensive. I'm not interested in lowering the car either, I have enough problems with ground clearance as it is.
Post a Want to Buy thread in the classifieds on this site. Everyone lowers their sedan; I guarantee someone here has some low miles springs

The following users liked this post:
Scredeur4 (07-16-2015)
Old 07-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scredeur4
Ok I'm thinking about doing this on my 05 G35. Noticed today my front tires have heavy wear on the inside of the tire.

I've done all the suspension components in the front except for the struts, the lower ball joints, The upper control arms (and all their bushings and that one small ball joint), and the sway bar links/bushings.

I'm pretty sure the cause of the wear is the lower ball joints because they are torn and old (after 200K miles this is expected..). I'm just not sure and dont want to spend a ton of cash right now since I now need new tires. It could also be the struts, but im not sure. Any ideas? I dont think the upper control arms or the sway bar links/bushings could cause that.

Thanks for the help if anyone knows for sure what's causing my issue (hopefully its this as it doesnt seem to hard to rent some equipement and change them)
I also have heavy wear on the inside of my tires, and a local Infiniti dealership told me that the lower control arm bushings are broken and the arms shifted forward. This is causing the uneven wear.

Old 08-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Talking

Just bought SPD ball joints off amazon... for $29.99 each..:
Amazon.com: SPD Knuckle Ball Joint: Automotive Amazon.com: SPD Knuckle Ball Joint: Automotive

I received Pista brand parts from Auto Parts Express (SPD Parts on Amazon.com) which were packaged really poorly.. Zero packing material, balljoint bulging out the sides.

Anyhow.. I know SPD isn't a great brand name or anything, but did I get a "inferior part?"

pictures are attached and no where on the part itself lists the SPD or SPD's part number.

This is the manufacturer in Taiwan..
http://www.lii-chau.com.tw/Products/...il.php?ID=3665

Attached Thumbnails Any one replace their lower ball joints?-img_1995.jpg  

Last edited by joedaddy1; 08-01-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have any updates on Ball Joints for 2005 G35 coupe? Mine have started making noises and I'm about to pull the trigger on these from Beck/arnley:

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...nid=402&jpid=0

It says they're the correct ones so I wanted to make sure they wouldn't give me any problems.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by Justdefied
Anyone have any updates on Ball Joints for 2005 G35 coupe? Mine have started making noises and I'm about to pull the trigger on these from Beck/arnley:

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...nid=402&jpid=0

It says they're the correct ones so I wanted to make sure they wouldn't give me any problems.
And how do you know its the BJs making the noise?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by InfinitiGeeX
I didn't notice any modifications and the shop didn't mention any fitment issues or necessary modifications.
What year is your G? I'm looking to replace 04 lower ball joints on AWD. Stealership wants an Arm and a leg.
Thanks

Old 08-15-2015, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by ㄴㅇㅇㄱ™ ninja
yes it does! 😁
Anybody have a link to the part number they used? Thanks

Old 08-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
And how do you know its the BJs making the noise?

Experience. Making slow turns there is a creaking noise. For example pulling into driveways or turning in parking lots. It just started though so its not bad, when it gets to the point where even small adjustments while you drive make that noise and there is a knocking sound when you go over bumps then you need to replace ASAP.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Experience. Making slow turns there is a creaking noise. For example pulling into driveways or turning in parking lots. It just started though so its not bad, when it gets to the point where even small adjustments while you drive make that noise and there is a knocking sound when you go over bumps then you need to replace ASAP.
Experience with the G or cars in general? Cuz with the G, you're describing a very common compression rod bushing problem. Unless your knuckle ball joints are leaking, I wouldn't define them as the culprit automatically. I would suggest you look at your lower control arm bushings and comp rod bushings.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Experience with the G or cars in general? Cuz with the G, you're describing a very common compression rod bushing problem. Unless your knuckle ball joints are leaking, I wouldn't define them as the culprit automatically. I would suggest you look at your lower control arm bushings and comp rod bushings.
Experience with other cars mostly. I knew about the compression rod problem and I'll look into the compression rod, but I've had that checked twice a year, but then again I did say it started recently (literally yesterday) so I'll just get a whole suspension inspection.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by InfinitiGeeX
I had the garage install an aftermarket ball joint on my knuckle and so far no problems. MTC brand from eBay.

If it helps, I can post a picture of the installed ball joint tonight.

2005 G35X AWD.
Ya that would be great. So you installed the ball joint for the RWD into the control arm.

Old 08-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Ok wtf I just went to the mechanic and they checked ALL the joints, bushings, etc. Checked for play and they said everything is good, so they greased all the ball joints and my car is STILL making a creaking sound when I go up my driveway.

Anyone know what that creaking sound is?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Ok wtf I just went to the mechanic and they checked ALL the joints, bushings, etc. Checked for play and they said everything is good, so they greased all the ball joints and my car is STILL making a creaking sound when I go up my driveway.

Anyone know what that creaking sound is?
I'm still thinking comp rod bushings. It's not always easy to tell just by looking. Easiest sure fire way to tell is get an alignment. If your caster is in the red, your comp rod bushings are toast.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm still thinking comp rod bushings. It's not always easy to tell just by looking. Easiest sure fire way to tell is get an alignment. If your caster is in the red, your comp rod bushings are toast.
Hmm, alignment was done last year and still seems fine (0 drifting in either direction when driving straight, hell I can drive down a road with no hands if I wanted to).

I'll wait a day or two for the grease that was added to "settle in", if the sound is still there I'll have them check the caster angle. Thanks

Old 08-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hit up Mike with Concept Z Performance, he'll take care of you for the SPD ball joints (He's also a vendor on here)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Any one replace their lower ball joints?