Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the above poster that it's really the compression rod bushings that are likely the source of the creaking noise. The compression rods themselves are beefy pieces of aluminum, and don't damage easily. BUT, my dealer was not able to "lubricate" these bushings and make the noise go away. The only solution that worked was to replace the entire part.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by themax98
I had my car in today for service for front end squeaking for the third time..this time a tech went with me..by the way he was really cool..he heard it and called back a few hours later and its a control arm and a bushing..now im not sure if it was one of each or for both sides but i'll find out tomorrow when i pick it up to see if the fix actually worked..my one question to anyone is should they have realigned the car after replacing these parts? Thanks....
Yes. They re-aligned my car after replacing the compression rods.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:49 PM
thanks for eveyrone that got back to me. yeah they lubricated it two times before but it didnt do anything. the noise was still there and a week afterwards was getting worse..they called me today and i have to pick the car up in the morning. they now said it was the stabilizer link and bushing on both sides..not sure if the stabilizer link is the same as a compression rod. i have an 05x and my loaner was an 06x. i know the loaner really handled alot smoother..i was actually surprised..I'll keep everyone updated when i get the car back. thanks

Old 01-07-2006, 12:03 PM
well i picked up the car this morning and they replaced the bushings and stabilizer links. i start the car move out of my spot. three feet later i back it in. same problem. Noise still there..tech went out again to check it and cant figure it out. i wonder what the hell is causing this. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to deal with this if again it is not fixed. i hate being rude to people and startscreaming and yelling. i work in sales where customers do that to me all day. they are all being really nice about everything but i just want the problem fixed. thanks

Old 01-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no question that the noise comes from the comression bushings; the question I have is how come we don't hear complaints from G35 coupe and Z350 owners. And of course the replacement of the copression rod will only fix the problem for a short time.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:06 AM
well i didnt hear anything from them today. i know saturday is not a full day for them. i take it on monday i will find out what the prob is..but if htey actually replaced the parts what the hell is causing the same noise..yeah good point though no coupes or 350z's have this issue.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:54 AM
ok i never took home my car on saturday because once againt the noise was still there. they didnt call me all day saturday. Monday at 430 i called them because i didnt hear anything. They told me they had to order more parts. which parts they said they didnt know..lol..how do u not know what parts u ordered. They tried to find out and said suspension parts. I havent heard anything yet from them today, so i will let eveyrone know what is up once i find out. This is the fourth attempt at fixing this. i think im giong to have a lemon for the service writer on his desk..lol...ive been very patient with them because stuff happens and they have been nice. if its not fixed again im going to be upset. I can feel a difference in the way the 06x loaner drives over my car. it handles road imperfections much better than my 05x. Well hopefully its fixed this time

Old 02-28-2006, 06:24 PM
less. I am getting the same issue with my 05X.
We have tried lubrication, but only worked for a few days.
The 06 loaner was SOLID. Felt great!
There has to be a way to complain to Infiniti America.
Rattles are covered underneth our warrenty. If they are fixing issues and TSBs and introducing them on latter models without telling us that would be ridiculous!!! I want to hear Infiniti's excuse.
Can we write a E-Mail and have it signed by forum members?

Last edited by Neal376; 02-28-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 PM
my 03 has that nasty noise and the dealer final told me that they need to spot weld something somewhere to actually get ride of it. I thought I would wait. I was told the factory told them to do that. I'll call them back and get all the info again and see if it helps anyone out there.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
less. I am getting the same issue with my 05X.
We have tried lubrication, but only worked for a few days.
The 06 loaner was SOLID. Felt great!
There has to be a way to complain to Infiniti America.
Rattles are covered underneth our warrenty. If they are fixing issues and TSBs and introducing them on latter models without telling us that would be ridiculous!!! I want to hear Infiniti's excuse.
Can we write a E-Mail and have it signed by forum members?
well next week we will just try and switch the whole bushing out because with the salt and weather they do start to rot faster

Old 04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
well, a Lexus, a Bimmer, a MB...all three cars owned for at least three years and not one of them sqeeks nearly as loud as my one year old baby. Something is definetly off....those 06 loaners where new tho...

Well, if we do that, I might as well have the 350z springs installed too (while they are under there).

Old 04-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Just found out that Infiniti is well aware of the problem and is currently working a fix for it. A TSB for it should come out soon.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
Just found out that Infiniti is well aware of the problem and is currently working a fix for it. A TSB for it should come out soon.
That's good news, but can you please provide the source of this information?

Old 04-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey, is this creaking noise the noise that occurs when you start accelerating after first turning on the engine??

There has been this strange scraping noise occurring as I first start to accelerate. Haven't had time to check it out yet. My car is only 6 months old.

Sorry guys, I'm new to this forum.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I have the same problem.. However I did not bring it in to get it fixed yet.. Hope you find out what it is before I bring it in

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION