G35 Front Strut Tower brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Ordered the Arc Titanium. It should be here next week. I will post pictures when installed.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I would be very interested in this product but I just got the Kinetix SSV and I would like to know if this clears the new manifold first before getting or even a plenum with a spacer added

Old 08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I dont think it clears that manifold. I think it will only clear a 5/16 spacer. I dont have either though.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TedRuxpin
I Ordered the Arc Titanium. It should be here next week. I will post pictures when installed.
TedRuxpin, or anyone else with the ARC strut tower brace for that matter......

I am interested in your thoughts on the ARC STB, when (and if) you receive it. I have seen it in person and, although it looks nice, from an engineering standpoint the effectiveness of it is yet to be determined. Given its ARCing shape, material used, and hinging points, I would (sadly) not expect too much performance out of it.
Believe me I was glad that a bigger company was starting to make and produce these STB's, meant that I wouldn't have to anymore (these cost alot to make and are a pain in the ****), yet after seeing and studying it, I see that for an "effective STB", I WILL need to keep on producing these, until someone makes one that works as good, or better than our VRT one.
I have yet to hear of anyone (a consumer) that has actually received or installed one yet, so I am very interested to hear about it. Thanks in advance for the post and pics.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
TedRuxpin, or anyone else with the ARC strut tower brace for that matter......

I am interested in your thoughts on the ARC STB, when (and if) you receive it. I have seen it in person and, although it looks nice, from an engineering standpoint the effectiveness of it is yet to be determined. Given its ARCing shape, material used, and hinging points, I would (sadly) not expect too much performance out of it.
Believe me I was glad that a bigger company was starting to make and produce these STB's, meant that I wouldn't have to anymore (these cost alot to make and are a pain in the ****), yet after seeing and studying it, I see that for an "effective STB", I WILL need to keep on producing these, until someone makes one that works as good, or better than our VRT one.
I have yet to hear of anyone (a consumer) that has actually received or installed one yet, so I am very interested to hear about it. Thanks in advance for the post and pics.
Neither one of you can front torsional regidity numbers from a testing jig, so I'm not buying what I see as a smear campain. If it was me I'd be posting pics of both products and explaining why I'm making such comments as yours. Glad to see the products on the market, but I'm not satisfied with either bar's mounting system and I for one do not see your product as ahead in that regard. Just the way I see it.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:12 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Any plans on making a rear strut tower bar?

Old 08-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by dofu
Any plans on making a rear strut tower bar?
Hahaha...perfect question, Im am so glad someone asked.

Yes, I am in the process of having the rear STB made for the G coupes. I know that Stillen makes one, I even own one and we have installed it on severall VRT built G coupes. The VRT one will be similer to the Stillen one.

I am also finishing up the first (prototype) set of our very own camber and caster adjustable front upper controll arms for the Z's and G's.
We soon will have our own line (VRT Pro series) of suspension products, from coilovers to front and rear strut tower braces, and almost everything inbetween.

Stay tuned....................

Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
My bad... let me rephrase myself... any plans on making a rear strut bar for the sedans?

Old 08-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Modded Member
Hahaha...perfect question, Im am so glad someone asked.

Yes, I am in the process of having the rear STB made for the G coupes. I know that Stillen makes one, I even own one and we have installed it on severall VRT built G coupes. The VRT one will be similer to the Stillen one.

I am also finishing up the first (prototype) set of our very own camber and caster adjustable front upper controll arms for the Z's and G's.
We soon will have our own line (VRT Pro series) of suspension products, from coilovers to front and rear strut tower braces, and almost everything inbetween.

Stay tuned....................
Any chance we can get you to create a RSTB for the sedans? I'm in desperate need of one!

Old 08-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm going to put it on and take photos and just make comments on here about it. you guys can conclude what you want.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TedRuxpin
I'm going to put it on and take photos and just make comments on here about it. you guys can conclude what you want.
Cool, thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by dofu
My bad... let me rephrase myself... any plans on making a rear strut bar for the sedans?
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Any chance we can get you to create a RSTB for the sedans? I'm in desperate need of one!
It all depends on how much interest there is in it.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:36 PM
has it been confirmed that VRT's STB will fit over the TN kit?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 636Racer
has it been confirmed that VRT's STB will fit over the TN kit?
Nope not yet.
If anyone with a G in the San Diego/ So.Cal. area with a TN ST kit wants to let me test fit/ R&D one of these STB's on their car let me know. I will give you one at almost 50% off (pretty much at cost)......any takers, let me know.

--Scott at VRT
wa2good@hotmail.com

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Nope not yet.
If anyone with a G in the San Diego/ So.Cal. area with a TN ST kit wants to let me test fit/ R&D one of these STB's on their car let me know. I will give you one at almost 50% off (pretty much at cost)......any takers, let me know.

--Scott at VRT
wa2good@hotmail.com
I'm down if you want me to...but I'm in Hawaii. blegh..dunno if that helps. I can give you structural feed back on clearance issues. I'm an electrical engineer by trade..dunno if that gives me any structural credibility, just that I'm good with numbers and tolerances.

Last edited by 636Racer; 08-03-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
I drove Scott's G35 out at Streets of Willow last weekend and loved the way it felt with the front strut tower brace. It felt like a Z which is awesome. I have a G35 as well, so I could tell the difference right off the bat. I was pleasantly suprised that I could actually feel that much of a difference. I thought it would be one of those mods that you can't really tell you installed when driving, but it was awesome. The G35 needed it pretty badly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Front Strut Tower brace