G35 Front Strut Tower brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this still for sale/in production? or the guy is really banned?

Old 05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^ I believe the mods know how to reach him.

Lou

Old 05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I don't see how this could be any stiffer than richie's bar. The bar itself is very beefy but IMHO it's limited by the stiffness of the 3 mounting bars which don't seem like they could offer any more stiffness than the round flat mount richie uses.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I don't see how this could be any stiffer than richie's bar. The bar itself is very beefy but IMHO it's limited by the stiffness of the 3 mounting bars which don't seem like they could offer any more stiffness than the round flat mount richie uses.
I would say the richie bar is limited by the flex/rotation in the attachment points for the bracket to the bar, whereas the VRT/RA bar is welded there. This is the same reason I went with the circuit sports bar, 1 piece design does not have this weakness

Old 05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by redlude97
I would say the richie bar is limited by the flex/rotation in the attachment points for the bracket to the bar, whereas the VRT/RA bar is welded there. This is the same reason I went with the circuit sports bar, 1 piece design does not have this weakness
Could be but richie's bar isn't 3x the cost either. It would be easy to weld in a support to help with stiffness. On either end, you could close in one of the sides.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Could be but richie's bar isn't 3x the cost either. It would be easy to weld in a support to help with stiffness. On either end, you could close in one of the sides.
First of all, I have the Richie/NRG bar and I love it.

But the design is flawed, IMO. As Hai suggested, it's a 3 piece design. Secondly, the material used isn't stellar for what it's suppose to do, IMO. That, and the bar is already bent - it's only asking to be bent more. I've already seen a one circuit sports and two richie/nrg bars bend.

The RA strut brace is a 1 piece design, is made of superior material, and does not have any bends in it to begin with.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
First of all, I have the Richie/NRG bar and I love it.

But the design is flawed, IMO. As Hai suggested, it's a 3 piece design. Secondly, the material used isn't stellar for what it's suppose to do, IMO. That, and the bar is already bent - it's only asking to be bent more. I've already seen a one circuit sports and two richie/nrg bars bend.

The RA strut brace is a 1 piece design, is made of superior material, and does not have any bends in it to begin with.
Exactly, VRT/RA IMO is the best option available at this point. Both the CS and richie bar use aluminum which just doesn't have much rigidity, not the best materials to use for a strut bar

Old 05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Overglorified Altima
Exactly, VRT/RA IMO is the best option available at this point. Both the CS and richie bar use aluminum which just doesn't have much rigidity, not the best materials to use for a strut bar
Word. But for the casual/spirited daily drivers, the CS/Richie/NRG bars should suffice.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
everything hero and redlude has said is incorrect. The main flaw with typical strut bar design for the G35 and Z33 is that because these cars qualify as midship cars (the engine sits further back than the front axels), the front flexes in multiple (additional) points. The vrt bar takes care of the additional forward flex points on the g35 as well as the conventional flex points. Altered atmosphere has just put out a strut bar that accomplishes this, but it utilizes an additional front strut bar (you have to have 2 front strut bars).

and for the original question holder, this bar is no longer in production but there may be a limited number of these bars made again under relentless autosports since this was Scott's design, and VRT has been shut down.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Red Card Crew

Just my IMHO, the long arms this bar sets it up for flex. Just my IMHO.

The RA brace isn't a 1 pc. It's a bunch of pieces. I'd only consider the circuit sports unit a 1 pc.

BTW I have the richie one also.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Just my IMHO, the long arms this bar sets it up for flex. Just my IMHO.

The RA brace isn't a 1 pc. It's a bunch of pieces. I'd only consider the circuit sports unit a 1 pc.

BTW I have the richie one also.
No strut bar is one piece though. The bar in itself is welded together. I understand your argument, but I don't agree with your assessment.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:16 PM
FYI is the AAM one:

http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...Code=350Z_SUSP
Scott's one is way better IMO

Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
everything hero and redlude has said is incorrect. The main flaw with typical strut bar design for the G35 and Z33 is that because these cars qualify as midship cars (the engine sits further back than the front axels), the front flexes in multiple (additional) points. The vrt bar takes care of the additional forward flex points on the g35 as well as the conventional flex points. Altered atmosphere has just put out a strut bar that accomplishes this, but it utilizes an additional front strut bar (you have to have 2 front strut bars).

and for the original question holder, this bar is no longer in production but there may be a limited number of these bars made again under relentless autosports since this was Scott's design, and VRT has been shut down.
I'd beg to differ. I was discussing Scott's design with the CS/Richie/NRG bar. i never argued that Scott's design would fix the issue entirely. With that said, there is no question in my mind that Scott's design is superior to those of CS/Richie/NRG. All of the factors that Hai and I suggested are what make Scott's design superior to the CS/Richie/NRG bars.

Doing a quick search on AAM's website, I do not see a strut bar for the G35 from AAM.

I do not think it is such a good idea to use the radiator support as an attachment site...

For the record, Scott is trying to get these into production again. I just have to keep bugging him about it.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU

So are you saying that if the VRT/RA bar was made of aluminum with a removable center section that it would work just as well ? The flex towards the front of the car is ANOTHER weakness of the suspension which isn't totally addressed by the VRT bar. The nismo front brace(like the AAM setup) is in addition to a good strut bar design IMO, like the 350z setup

Old 05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Red Card Crew

It's welded together. Welding 2 pcs together = 1 pc.

For stiffness, I think alumin is okay if you use the right shape. An aluminum tube would be stiffer than a flat shet of steel. Given they are relatively similar in size etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Front Strut Tower brace