GTSPEC Bars fit on Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
IQ9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANKS for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now know I want to change my oil before I put the bar on. I want one last easy/clean one..LOL

Old 03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Man the dealer is going to screw the oil changes up now or charge me more because my mods got in thier way of thier meat hooks.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Got an email back from Performance Nissan today, the rear lateral bar DOES NOT fit with the fujitsubo exhausts, he says it only fits with the true duals.

Also got a reply from GT Spec, an alignment is recommended after installation of these bars due to their mounting points.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:25 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good thing I bought a lifetime alignment at Firestone, I plan on getting one this weekend! The "professionals" at ASAA Racing pointed out that indeed the rear bar is attached to the alignment bolts. I don't know about the front.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Does it tack straight? I would gather that the car would stay in spec more so now with the add'l rigidity to the suspension at the very point the bolts attach. Did you drive it yet? Also do you plan to get the 4 point setup?

Old 03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by SixFive
Does it tack straight? I would gather that the car would stay in spec more so now with the add'l rigidity to the suspension at the very point the bolts attach. Did you drive it yet? Also do you plan to get the 4 point setup?
SixFive,
Yeah, she seems to still track pretty straight. I have not put many miles on her since the "installation". But the few I have put on seem to indicate all is well. After watching the 4-point brace installed on the Z, I examined the underbody of my G and could not find any attachment points like those found on the Z. The Z had holes with threads, just waiting for the underbody brace. My G had empty holes, no threads. I will email Ken at GTSpec about the four-point under body brace. Man...That would be a killer mod!

Old 03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
OK guys, no on answered my question yet?? Anyone know if that third bar (not in the set) is worth it?? Does anyone have experience with it and what it does??

Thanks

Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I think the issues with that are clearance and the proximity to the mid pipe. I sure don't want banging down there but I guess I could just send it back. I do worry about clearance and the appearance is probably an issue.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Renesis
OK guys, no on answered my question yet?? Anyone know if that third bar (not in the set) is worth it?? Does anyone have experience with it and what it does??

Thanks
Renesis,
"Worth it" is subjective. I would think it would be worth it to me. As a matter of fact I wish I had bought it at the same time as I bought the two braces. For that matter, I whish I had bought the 4 Point Mid Chassis Reinforcement Brase as well. But I don't yet know if it will fit the G35. The more I look at the picture of the lateral arm brace on the 350Z, the more confused I am about where on the G35 it actually fits. I wonder if it even fits the G35......

Last edited by cato; 03-09-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:12 AM
After watching the 4-point brace installed on the Z, I examined the underbody of my G and could not find any attachment points like those found on the Z. The Z had holes with threads, just waiting for the underbody brace. My G had empty holes, no threads. I will email Ken at GTSpec about the four-point under body brace. Man...That would be a killer mod!
I emailed him last month and all he said was the 4 point brace fit on a coupe. That still leaves us to wonder about the method of attachment if there are no threaded holes. They must have a washer/nut that will work if there is an unthreaded hole? THis is the only thing hanging me up.

Cato would you suggest the lower lateral brace - that goes under the exhaust - or is there a definitive answer as to whether it will work on a single exhaust coupe mid piped sedan. I thought that was settled but I can't seem to figure out if anyone has actually been done.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:33 AM
I have been carefully examining the pics of my install with the the ones of the lateral brace. I think I see where it installs on the G and I want! It looks like this would be an EXCELLENT $99 mod.. The "professionals" who installed my rear tie bar put some sort of support under the passenger rear spring. It blocks the view of the lateral arm support mount point on the passenger side. Look at the drivers side of my install pic behind the guy torqueing the rear tie bar. The curve of the brace looks like it was made to clear the mid pipe. I think I just might get this for my25th wedding anniversary! He he

Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 PM
God Durn - 25 years eh! I hope to make it to May for my first anniversary. Just had our newborn first child (Annie) on Valentine's day..

back to the RSP

I guess I will order all three bars/braces and then decide about the 4 point deal. It may be that I wont wan't to spend 299 after getting the 3 bars in there.

PS just spoke to GTSPEC and they said the 4 point brace is probably unavailable until mid-april as they have on backordered for 2 weeks now.

He also mentioned that the brackets come with it and they sometimes are needed even on Z's that do NOT have prethreaded holes. So the coupe at least should accomodate this mod without any further engineering unless you simply are missing the holes. I'll be under the car for the install of the 3 bars and will let everyone know if those holes are there. I won't even let that stop me as I'll just make my own holes...weight reduction is good!

Last edited by cato; 03-15-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:45 PM
so do the latter bar fit the sedan? the big X brace bar?

Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm back from my challenging test drive. I must say that the lower tie bars seems to make an improvement in the way the car feels in the twisties. The car seems like it is on rails now, more so than with the Stillen sway alone. I emailed Ken at GTSpec about the 4 Point Mid Chassis Reieforcement Brace:

Dave,

The 4 points chassis brace has not been test fitted on a G35 Sedan but has been fitted on the G35 coupe. Our chassis brace does come with 4 mounting brackets as a mounting solution is there are no threaded holes on the vehicle. At this point because the product was design for the 350Z we can not guarantee that it will fit on the G35 Sedan.

Thank you.

Ken Chan

Sales Manager
GTSPEC
81 E Jefryn Blvd
Unit E
Deer Park NY 11729
Tel: 631-586-3500
Fax: 718-504-4541
WWW.GTSPEC.COM
AIM: ken at gtspec

I suspect it will fit, as the underbody of the 350Z looked almost exactly the same as mine.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by cato
I'm back from my challenging test drive. I must say that the lower tie bars seems to make an improvement in the way the car feels in the twisties. The car seems like it is on rails now, more so than with the Stillen sway alone. I emailed Ken at GTSpec about the 4 Point Mid Chassis Reieforcement Brace:

Dave,

The 4 points chassis brace has not been test fitted on a G35 Sedan but has been fitted on the G35 coupe. Our chassis brace does come with 4 mounting brackets as a mounting solution is there are no threaded holes on the vehicle. At this point because the product was design for the 350Z we can not guarantee that it will fit on the G35 Sedan.

Thank you.

Ken Chan

Sales Manager
GTSPEC
81 E Jefryn Blvd
Unit E
Deer Park NY 11729
Tel: 631-586-3500
Fax: 718-504-4541
WWW.GTSPEC.COM
AIM: ken at gtspec

I suspect it will fit, as the underbody of the 350Z looked almost exactly the same as mine.
What is wrong with GT-Spec? Why don't they offer to ship it to someone to test-fit (and if it works, offer it at a discount). If it doesn't fit, accept the charges to ship it back... They are risking $40, for what can really increase their sales. Sounds like a stupid business decision to me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTSPEC Bars fit on Sedan