Canada Serving Canada.

This Sucks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007 | 02:00 PM
Old Man Winter is already knocking on the door. A few trees in my yard are actually loosing leaves and they are crunchy when you step on them

Old 09-10-2007 | 02:12 PM
Banned
yeap... change is comin... but fall and winter is beautiful in the Northwest. So even though I will miss the summer ALOT. the coming season will be good. Snowboarding anyone?

Old 09-10-2007 | 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
yeap... change is comin... but fall and winter is beautiful in the Northwest. So even though I will miss the summer ALOT. the coming season will be good. Snowboarding anyone?
Tried snowboarding for a day, and nearly broke my a$$. I guess I'll always be a two-planking old fart. I feel even more out of touch in the lift lines full of short shaped skis with my 201cm Rossi 7SK race slaloms. People stare.

Old 09-10-2007 | 04:32 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Tried snowboarding for a day, and nearly broke my a$$. I guess I'll always be a two-planking old fart. I feel even more out of touch in the lift lines full of short shaped skis with my 201cm Rossi 7SK race slaloms. People stare.
I am the same way Wayne. I tried snowboarding twice and happily went back to my Salomons. Sadly, I haven't skied all that much the last several years. I ski instructed out your way at Lake Louise for a year and ever since I've come back east I've lost the desire. The Maritimes just don't offer anything remotely close to Lake Louise, Sunshine, etc.

Old 09-11-2007 | 10:13 AM
Interestingly Shane here in Western NB the leaves are still holding their rich, verdant colours...but it's only a matter of time I'm afraid. Is the knee coming along?

We took our kids to Cirque de Soleil last weekend in SJ and I spotted a gorgeous red 07 G on the way to Rothesay. I told Alli it must have been you.

Can you send me a pic of you winter setup? If you are passing by the border again let me know and we can meet up.

Golf course is in great shape...

Old 09-11-2007 | 11:32 AM
CCT-we call down the rain
Well at least you have four seasons, out here we have two. We are still at 108 degress. I missed fall last year, I went inside to get a cd and when I came out winter had started. Our spring and fall happen real quick.

Good luck with the leaves.

Old 09-11-2007 | 11:50 AM
|
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by remsleep1
Interestingly Shane here in Western NB the leaves are still holding their rich, verdant colours...but it's only a matter of time I'm afraid. Is the knee coming along?

We took our kids to Cirque de Soleil last weekend in SJ and I spotted a gorgeous red 07 G on the way to Rothesay. I told Alli it must have been you.

Can you send me a pic of you winter setup? If you are passing by the border again let me know and we can meet up.

Golf course is in great shape...
That's fantastic Mike. A couple of friends went and saw Cirque de Soleil last weekend and they said it was incredible. How did you like it? I am sure your kids loved it. If the 07 Sedan you saw was a Sport, than it was definitely me. There is one other GE Sedan in the area, but it's an X.

The knee is doing much better better lately. I started weights for the first time at physio this morning and it went well. I am still limping, but getting around MUCH better. With 3.5 weeks to go before my trip, I think I'll be in decent shape.

I'll take a picture or two of my winter setup and PM it to you.