Canada Serving Canada.

got raped by Willowdale Stealership again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after sending them a complaint on Oct 2nd,

I got a phone call from Infiniti Canada today saying that unfortunately all the trim parts (which obviously includes the trunk plate) are under 1year/20,000km warranty and therefore too bad for me....

and there is nothing much they can do with regards to pre-charging $54/hour for a 1 minute diagnosis labour as that's just the game rule.....

i guess what he said today just solidify my loyalty to Infiniti for the next 30 years.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got my car fixed from them today and I have to say that I'm really impressed for once...Howard over there is a great guy, go to him and NEVER go to Karim. I got a new clear bra, fixed the rattle in the back, in the works of fixing the scratch on my seat, buffed my door no problems and overall they were really nice. No hassle.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by hullio
Just got my car fixed from them today and I have to say that I'm really impressed for once...Howard over there is a great guy, go to him and NEVER go to Karim. I got a new clear bra, fixed the rattle in the back, in the works of fixing the scratch on my seat, buffed my door no problems and overall they were really nice. No hassle.
Howard is a very nice and polite guy. You are absolutely correct, Never goto Karim. Just wondering how much u paid for the new clear bra?

Old 10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by JCFW
Howard is a very nice and polite guy. You are absolutely correct, Never goto Karim. Just wondering how much u paid for the new clear bra?
Originally when my parents purchased the car for me we got it for $200 I think. They replaced it for free though due to that corner was kinda lifting up. Forgot to mention that they also re-applied the exterior paint protection stuff again on my car. Everything with no hassle - best feeling in the world. I even gave Howard a pair of Maple Leaf tix's to show much how much I appreciated how he dealt with me.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Willowdale Infiniti Worst Dealership!

Originally Posted by JCFW
Totally share your pain pal, honestly l do not see eye to eye with Karim, he is forr of s**t, and he is making the name Willowdale Infiniti go down the drain. Believe me l get the same **** service from him even with my 3rd infiniti from willowdale.
I know from experience having got my 03 g35c when it first came out that dealsership as a whole was very outdated and very unprofessional. Mind you HOWARD SCHONBERGER has got to be one of the finest and most experience Service advisors I have every dealt with. He knows Inifinti cars almost inside and out. Generally speaking sales wise and the salespeople are very unprofessional. The dealership needs a major reconstruction and facelift. In my 4 yrs. not once was I able to get myself a courtesy car. LEXUS' service is far superior from A-Z. Have u ever been to a new flagship LEXUS dealership lately? Have u been inside the VIP room for Lexus owners? Massage couches, free drinks everything u name it.

I gave my 03g35c up once the lease ended because the buy back was ridiculously high! As for the NEW G37c honestly I hate its looks!

Im considering getting a far more superior car the BMW 335i which got far superior test results in many categories this time around!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 AM
HOWARD SCHONBERGER prob 1 of best SERVICE ADVISOR in North America

Originally Posted by hullio

I will admit that HOWARD SCHONBERGER is prob. one of the best INFINITI service advisors in North America! He knows NISSAN INFINITI especially inside out. You would think that he was one of the engineers or designers behind the car. He knows everything about these cars inside out! Howard should be working for a newer more up to date larger Infiniti dealership. I just HATE WILLOWDALE INFINITI as a whole! Very unprofessional, very outdated +++ dealership! There is no CUSTOMER LOYALTY or any Appreciation to their customers! Whether u own a nissan VERSA or INFINITI G37c u are treated the same! Walk in to an update and NEW LEXUS service and see the difference! Thats what u call real Japanese inspired service. Check out the VIP rooms they have for Lexus owners! The only reason that Infiniti of Willowdale is still surviving is because they have established customers for many years & of course an old dealership and especially because they are based in THORNHILL an affluent area home of plenty of wealthy & rich baby boomers namingly loyal Jewish clientelle. I will and would never lease an Infiniti from Willowdale ever again. They never showed any respect or appreciated my business! I was one of the first G35c owners when it first came out in 2003. My lease payments were premium!

Other than that I was very very most extremely dissappointed with the looks of the 08 G37c . What a shame! They ruined its looks! What th ehell did they do? what were they thinking? Ever since this time around especially the BMW 335i blew Infinitis doors off in many respects! Im considering getting a 335i.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by G35CoupeToronto
I will admit that HOWARD SCHONBERGER is prob. one of the best INFINITI service advisors in North America! He knows NISSAN INFINITI especially inside out. You would think that he was one of the engineers or designers behind the car. He knows everything about these cars inside out! Howard should be working for a newer more up to date larger Infiniti dealership. I just HATE WILLOWDALE INFINITI as a whole! Very unprofessional, very outdated +++ dealership! There is no CUSTOMER LOYALTY or any Appreciation to their customers! Whether u own a nissan VERSA or INFINITI G37c u are treated the same! Walk in to an update and NEW LEXUS service and see the difference! Thats what u call real Japanese inspired service. Check out the VIP rooms they have for Lexus owners! The only reason that Infiniti of Willowdale is still surviving is because they have established customers for many years & of course an old dealership and especially because they are based in THORNHILL an affluent area home of plenty of wealthy & rich baby boomers namingly loyal Jewish clientelle. I will and would never lease an Infiniti from Willowdale ever again. They never showed any respect or appreciated my business! I was one of the first G35c owners when it first came out in 2003. My lease payments were premium!

Other than that I was very very most extremely dissappointed with the looks of the 08 G37c . What a shame! They ruined its looks! What th ehell did they do? what were they thinking? Ever since this time around especially the BMW 335i blew Infinitis doors off in many respects! Im considering getting a 335i.
Dude, you are absolutely correct, it does not matter if you get a versa or an infiniti, service dept is still as poor. The sales dept is a little bit better, but besides from that there is no difference between buying a nissan, and an infiniti. You are absoultely correct about the Lexus experience, but honestly you get what you pay for at Infiniti. Yup, l was also one of those first batch 2007 G35 sedan owners at Willowdale. And Yup l paid a big premium on mine. I think the only reason why people still buy from willowdale infiniti is that the other closest infiniti dealer is at Agincourt. I will be taking a trip to the new dealer at markham, hope they are much better.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by G35CoupeToronto

i gotta say i take your comments to heart, as in i feel the same towards infiniti service. over the ownership of my car.. each dealer i have dealt with has left a bad taste in my mouth. when u have things like paint chipping off interior plastics and they give u a story how there's only a 1 year warranty on the damn thing... it really speaks volumes on the quality and craftsmanship of their vehicles. it sometimes feels like i'm driving a cheap chinese knock-off.

even budd's mini surpases any infiniti dealer i've ever dealt with. they even offer valet service for a vehicle that was 15k cheaper.

the way u guys talk about this karim fellow sounds like my exact experiences with the retard service manager at dixie/401. maybe some of u have had the displeasure of dealing with him... barrie palfreyman:

^^about as rude as they come... and could give a rat's azz about your problems or your car. every problem i have in my car is normal in his eyes. "normal wear and tear" is his favourite line. this includes every single tsb ever issued on the vehicle. grrrrrr... just thinking about that guy boils my blood.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Service sucks

I am on my third G and every time I try & get warranty work done it is a battle. You are right Infiniti HO does not seem to care. We only have 1 dealer in Calgary, Hyatt Infiniti and it is a challenge to even get them to answer their phone to get an appointment! I posted my latest issue which was my tire pressure warning light would not go off.

It is a 05 with 36,000km (22,000 miles) and I got the same answer 1 yr, 20,000km warranty on an adjustment. His argument was I did not have my tires rotated by Hyatt. I had them rotated and have records but because it was not from them they ripped me $75.00 for 15 minutes of what they called "re-indexing" the tires.

Now I feel kinda bad I just bought my third G & should have waited longer for the 335Xi.

I think they should let Nissan dealers repair under warranty & then you have a choice? Right now in Calgary, with 1 million population there is only one dealer & the other is 3 hour drive away.

Not sure why Infiniti wants to alienate so many buyers to the point of buying different brands and influencing others to buy other brands due to poor service?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Sometime, I think Honda HQ does a better job at handling warranty repair job. Why does rotate tires at a dealership has anything to do with tire pressure monitor system? That is just stupid.
Also, I think the tire pressure monitor system on G35 is crap. It is too buggy to work properly.

Yes, getting into an Infiniti dealership for repair or tune up in Alberta is almost as bad as wanting to see the president of the US. There are only two in Alberta that i know. Calgary and Edmonton.

Infiniti needs to step up with their customer services with the same level as other luxury dealerships. BMW, Audi, Lexus and so on.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Just two comments:

1. We should all be warned not to give Willowdale any service, it is well documented

2. There are options: Bobby Chan at Markham Infiniti has been mentioned. I have found personally that Yorkville Infiniti (Avenue and Davenport in Toronto) give impeccable service.

None of them have this minimum charge to look at my car crap. I was appalled when Willowdale told me this (the one and only time I took my car there).