Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
yep. forum racing is awesome. Totally believable too.

BTW, I didn’t say anyone lied about the ET... I made it clear I doubt 13.2 was without built motor, gutted car or squeezing... I made that perfectly clear...

Old 10-19-2008, 04:03 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
BTW, I didn’t say anyone lied about the ET... I made it clear I doubt 13.2 was without built motor, gutted car or squeezing... I made that perfectly clear...
That would virtually be the same thing since Trey has stated what he's done to his car.

"Forum Racing" can be just as bad as magazine racing. I understand that. But people are still interested in how the G35 can perform given different conditions. I see it as a reference if you know what you're looking at and do more than just see them as static numbers. (Analyzing is the key).

Old 10-19-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
That would virtually be the same thing since Trey has stated what he's done to his car.

"Forum Racing" can be just as bad as magazine racing. I understand that. But people are still interested in how the G35 can perform given different conditions. I see it as a reference if you know what you're looking at and do more than just see them as static numbers. (Analyzing is the key).
Reference

Old 10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike, your skepticism is showing your ignorance and bordering on pure stupidity.

I guess all those guys on my350z must have built engines, stripped interiors, or are on the juice too right? We're all in this vast conspiracy to show up the west coast guys.

You complain about bench racing, and you complain about dynos, but its been explained to you many times over the years that corrections are there for a reason. And when it comes to drag racing, we all like to look at conditions as well, for a reason. Conditions include altitude. Smarter minds than you(NHRA) concluded a long time ago on a set of correction factors to normalize numbers. And it's not limited to cars. Pilots have to consider altitude and weather patterns when filing flight plans and planning for fuel.

The fact that you keep insisting that 2+2=5 tells me you're not very smart. I know, it disappoints me as well.

Here is a video that I shot this morning of my car. The only thing it doesn't cover is the suggestion that I have a built engine.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-GKMTlF8Uk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z-GKMTlF8Uk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You are now on ignore. Congrats - in my 3+ year membership on this site, this is the first time I've used the feature.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
How much for the wheels if you decide to sell them? If not info on your wheels and tires.

Trey what was the DA your last race? Nice consistent times and 60fts.

What is the weight of your sedan compared to a 350z? I know that the sedans are lighter than the coupes.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
What is the weight of your sedan compared to a 350z? I know that the sedans are lighter than the coupes.
03 sedans were the lightest of the bunch. About the same weight as a late model 350Z (~3360 lbs). The 05-06 sedans weren't really that much lighter than the coupes (high 3400's).

IIRC, when I did some research way back then, the lightest coupe was mid 3400's. With the later 05+ models being in the low 3500's.

I'm using stated manufacture claims just as a reference. I'm sure they use the same method of weighing different year G35's & 350Z's, so its safe to say the differences themselves are probably correct.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
For the record... My coupe (non-rev) runs 14.10's at 101mph on street tires. With test pipes and a z tube with k&n.

So this ******** is telling me that a sedan on juice can ONLY eek out 3 extra mph? ROFL!!!

Drag radials and a great driver are the only thing keeping trey in the low 13's. Do the math. All those bolt ons plus a hella tune with the utec easily puts a car in the 13's. You add traction to any of our cars and you can knock off .3-.4...

Set the drugs down man... They aren't doing you any good. Now it's not only people on the west coast who know you that are making fun of you, you have just made your stupidity available to the entire Internet! LOL!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Wow! Can you feel the love

Trey runs at tracks that are usually at or near sea level. The DA when he runs is usually pretty decent (1000' or below). It helps. Trey also has a ton of drag racing experience which helps far more.

With regards to Blinkerfluid's TT G, he's on street tires, reportedly spinning heavy through 1st and 2nd. I can see proof spinning the tires through much of the 1/8th mile by simply looking at the slip. If Blinkfluid was to have pulled a low 1.9 60' and keep from spinning in 2nd, he would have been looking at a 12.2-12.3@116-118mph. That's 1 second and 12 to 14mph faster than Trey. Trap speed is the obvious indicator here. His G is going 12mph faster and gaining a massive 29.9 mph in the last 1/8. That's moving. The limiting factor is traction. If he were to run slicks, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind his car is capable of high 1.6 60 foots and an 11.5-11.7. The power is clearly there.

As for Trey's G, OCG35, you're not the performance guru I thought you were. A stock 1st gen G35 6MT on slicks is capable of low 1.8/high 1.7 60 foots. That means a STOCK G35 6MT can easily pull a 13.5-13.6@101mph. Possibly a 13.4. Trey is so quick because:

1) He knows what he's doing
2) His car is making about 20-25whp/20wtq more than stock
3) The car is slightly lightened
4) He's not a heavy guy
5) He's got DRs
6) He runs at decent tracks

Trey's G is nothing out of the ordinary. He has all the bolt-ons except for an intake which most of us know doesn't do jack. His car is making 25whp more than stock (over the powerband, this is important) which equates to around a .25-.30 second drop in ET and a gain of around 2mph to 3mph in the 1/4 mile. Then there's the tire factor. Pulling a high 1.8/low 1.9 60 foot vs pulling the typical 1st and 2nd gear spin-induced mid 2.1 to mid 2.2 60 foot equates to a solid .6-.7 drop in ET. Let's look at the math:

1) Stock 03-06 G35 6MT sedan = 14.2@100mph car
2) Add 25whp = 13.9@102/3mph
3) Add drag radials and remove 100lbs for the car (low fuel, light drag rims/tires, no spare, no floor mats) = 13.2-13.3@103-104mph

I fail to see what's so hard to understand here. IMO, the problem is the southern California guys are neither the best drag racers, put way to much faith in their inflated dyno numbers, and the SOCAL tracks are usually slower. Harsh? Probably, but it gets annoying having to listen this all the time. It's not Trey's fault he can run lower 13s with the standard bolt-ons yet most guys in CA are stuck in the low 14s with the same mods. I've never met Trey, but I've been modifying cars and racing on the strip long enough to know that a car setup up like his should be running the way it is. I have no doubt his car could dip into the 12.9-13.0 range if he were to go with slicks.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I don't know if he could touch 12's with slicks... that's asking for some serious traction advantages that I don't know if he can get other than what he's already doing.

Trust me, Trey is a magician behind the wheel at the track when it comes to DR's. Seen it firsthand MANY times.

As for "slightly lightened." Sh*t, he took his spare out so he can fit the DR's in the trunk on the way to the track. LOL

I want to go to the track one time, and GUT that b*tch, stick it on slicks, and THEN see what he can do. I bet if we ditch another both front seats, toss one of my sparco's in there, yanked out the back stuff we could get lower in the 13's. BUT, Cheryl won't let me near that car with a wrench and a screwdriver. LOL

I've tried to get Trey on the giggle gas for a year, and I've also tried to convince him to try out a set of cams.... no go on his end. His whole point is that his car is a bolt on heavy, four door sedan. It works.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Wow! Can you feel the love
No kidding!

You guys should be edging each other to do better, not talking down what has already been done. Trey is a heck of a driver, I watched him make a bunch of passes, he makes that car boogie. Pretty darn consistant too.

One thing about this site is I get a kick out of how new or low post count members are treated, like I have no experience with this stuff at all. Just for the record, I built and street tuned the G myself.

I'm just too accustomed to AWD. My other car on all season radials goes 10s at over 144mph, this isn't my first rodeo at the drag strip, traction just wasn't there for me. When I get back home and get into racing the DSM again, I'll show you guys some 9 second 150MPH passes on all season radials and $3 a gallon fuel (E85) in a street legal car that could be driven any day of the year. I built and street tuned that car too.

I did find it funny that my G goes shows just a tad faster mph in the 1/4 than my DSM does in the 1/8. I chuckled. If that made no sense, here...

G 116MPH in the 1/4
GSX 114MPH in the 1/8

I guess I should stick to racing the GSX!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM
This thread really drives me crazy, lol.

Okay what is the potential of a 2006 G35 coupe, 6-speed, with bolt-ons? Because from what I've read some people seem to pull off low 13's with bolt-ons and a good tune and DR's, is this possible?

Is there anyone who's ever hit high 12's with bolt-ons and DR's?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by M.J.H.
This thread really drives me crazy, lol.

Okay what is the potential of a 2006 G35 coupe, 6-speed, with bolt-ons? Because from what I've read some people seem to pull off low 13's with bolt-ons and a good tune and DR's, is this possible?

Is there anyone who's ever hit high 12's with bolt-ons and DR's?
Again, this all depends on many variables. A full bolt-on G35 with DR's and a great driver can hit low 13's, just as much as it can hit low 14's in a different track.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Henry any word on a private event at CS yet? I know it's starting to get cooler out for you guys.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
What was Trey's best pass #s when his car was stock?

Old 10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
It’s unfortunately that hurt feelings was created by my skepticism… but let’s be clear, skepticism is not derived from “ignorance”. Further, questioning an NA G being only a half second slower than a TT G running respectable ET on the same track does not equate to “bordering stupidity”.

A moderately modded NA G with bolt-ons running an uncommonly low ET being hard to fathom is neither ignorant nor bordering stupidity.

With many things in life, choosing to “ignore” is a cop out… but in this case, I think exercising the “ignore option” is a good choice.

If a guy is considered “ignorant” or “bordering stupidity” for questioning a cars performance – then clearly this is not the thread for me – and excuse the posts I made (as valid as I feel they are).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )