Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

DIY: 5AT to 6MT SWAP.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
[QUOTE=elie;7145160]
Originally Posted by DEMoLITIoN
HAPPY SHIFTING!!

[/QUOTE
hello, I'm new here i made this swap at a garage but he didn't flash my ecu the car runs but its kinda got weak so i wanna buy the 6mt ecu since it's cheaper than a flash, my car is an 05 g35 and i was wondering if i should buy the 04 6mt ecu sincd the 05s 6mts came with revup and the auto didn't... and if i swaped the ecu will just be plug and play or should i change something in the wiring?
If you want to run the MT ecu (literally no benefits besides the chance to get the gauge cluster to display the gear you are in and to get rid of the AT light), then you need to run the MT harness with it.

I wouldn't open that can of worms. Many people cannot get the car to run with those in there, meanwhile everyone is having fun with their swapped trannys and the 5AT ecu, like me when I put a TT kit on mine with the 5AT ECU. The car should feel faster then it did with the 5AT due to gearing. If it doesn't, something needs to be corrected, OR the differential was swapped to one with a longer gear ratio.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check my mates site..

Originally Posted by Alpha_Dog_Bob
I'm in the midst of performing an auto to 6 speed conversion for my 06 G35. How did you figure the exact spots to drill for the clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder? Because there is not stamped imprint on the firewall to give you an idea of where to drill holes. You think creating a template from a car that already has the holes drilled for the clutch master cylinder and clutch pedal would work? I want to avoid drilling holes in the wrong places and having the clutch pedal line up against the break pedal at the wrong angle.
http://v35skyline.com/

The pedals where the hardest part for me and my mate.. check the link for details.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 PM
One peice driveshaft for sedan??

Question... Has anyone fit a one peice driveshaft to their sedan?

I'm on the final stretch with my V35 sedan 350gt-8 6MT swap.
Was speaking to a driveshaft shop, measured trans input seal to diff plate and got 1627mm. They reckon that is too long for a one peice.
They then asked for a bunch of specs, length, 6MT ratios, diff ratio, tyre size, max rpm.. their getting back to me today with proper calculations if it's possible. I don't want a two price shaft..
will update you guys.
Peace

Old 07-28-2018, 01:27 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I thought the 6MT shaft was the same regardless of coupe/sedan? Same with the 5AT shaft, same on both coupe/sedan.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
I thought the 6MT shaft was the same regardless of coupe/sedan? Same with the 5AT shaft, same on both coupe/sedan.
I have the JDM 2002 350gt-8 model with the CVT 8 speed transmission. Maybe the 6MT & 5AT use the same driveshaft. But saying that, my friend who runs the page I linked above just used a two piece stock 350z driveshaft. He has the same model as mine I believe, so I don't know.
Should hear back from the driveshaft shop today anyways.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ahh yeah that's not even an option here in the states so I have no idea.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone! I've completed this swap as of last spring and loving it! I have however run into a couple of issues.

1) I cannot seem to get uprevs arc features to work. I've met all peramiters to that arc required, engine temp, vdc off, clutch switch wiired up and the car simply redlines when at a stand still, rather than having launch control.

2) same issue with rolling antilag. I hold the cancel button on cruise and nothing happens. I am able to map switch tho using the cruise buttons, yet cruise never worked for me.

Any suggestions or help woud be great.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:53 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If your cruise buttons don't work I doubt the ARC features will work since they require the buttons to physically and electrically work yes?

Old 07-31-2018, 11:06 PM
Not 100% sure. I can map switch using the cruise buttons, but not use cruise ctrl....not sure. Uprev got back to.me and said my tune file was missing a folder so now I wait. Hope I can have these features.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Good luck. Neat they are offering something for our older cars .

Old 08-11-2018, 05:43 PM
03 G35 coupe
Originally Posted by Sparda1123
If your still interested in this man theres a shop up here in orlando willing to tackle the challenge they have all the parts already and they originally wanted me to do it but ive decided to stick with the 5AT since shes my daily. But let me know man il put you in contact with them.
im in need of some wiring help!! im also in florida and trying to get my car on the road.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Torn apart g35 sedan
Any more clutch pedal pics? Or tips? Some guys needed brackets and some say they didn’t. What’s the concenus on this? Thanks

Old 01-18-2019, 08:51 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Line up the clutch pedal, Mark the hole locations with a sharpie Drill it and bolt it up. Take a hose clamp , one and a half inch in diameter or so maybe a little bit bigger, and loop it around the pedal, and the stud that the e brake pedal used to mount to and tighten it so that when you push on the pedal, it causes that clamp to go into tension. I ran like that for years with a high clamp clutch no problem. I just don't remember what I hooked it up to on the clutch pedal, it should be pretty obvious.

I'm pretty particular, and I had absolutely no complaints doing that.

Last edited by yosip1115; 01-18-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:07 PM
Torn apart g35 sedan
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Line up the clutch pedal, Mark the hole locations with a sharpie Drill it and bolt it up. Take a hose clamp , one and a half inch in diameter or so maybe a little bit bigger, and loop it around the pedal, and the stud that the e brake pedal used to mount to and tighten it so that when you push on the pedal, it causes that clamp to go into tension. I ran like that for years with a high clamp clutch no problem. I just don't remember what I hooked it up to on the clutch pedal, it should be pretty obvious.

I'm pretty particular, and I had absolutely no complaints doing that.
Ill probably just fab something up for a bracket. While it will be driven sometimes on the road this is primarily a drift car first and foremost so i want a very firm pedal without any flex. Thanks for responding I am actually surprised to see a response so fast on a forum these days

Old 01-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Link to detailed V35 sedan 6MT SWAP

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/...ersion-to-6mt/

Just wrote a big post but refreshed and lost it

Here's a guide that my mate wrote up who helped with mine.

I've finished my 6MT swap although have to drop the trans. I went without a pilot bearing and got insane loud vibrations on throttle through the gears. So I got to remove the large auto pilot bushing and replace with the small manual one. Other than that everything is great and working sweet.

Any questions just hit me up and I'll try to help.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: 5AT to 6MT SWAP.