Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbonetics ST install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update. Trying to get some pipes to fit and having a difficult time. It's really tight. Especially the y pipe down pipe. Seems like it touches a lot.... Well see how it goes. Taking a break fro
It now and going to start up again soon.z

Old 12-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you will find that for sure. there is very little clearance in there!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I guess a lot of things touch.. Is that normal? Lol.I'm a little 2worried about vibration...

Old 12-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by DanielsG
I guess a lot of things touch.. Is that normal? Lol.I'm a little 2worried about vibration...
just leave everything loose until the end then tighten it all up with clearances. vibration shouldnt be a problem at all from my experience.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I can't get this thing on. Can anyone verify if these kits fit all g35? Rev up non rev up, 03-07?

Old 12-11-2010, 09:51 PM
ok so ive been doing some research and it seems that the rev up models have some fitment issues with the turbonetics kit. sounds like im going to have to bend some of the exhaust piping and maybe intercooler piping. So. my build comes to a hault until monday. I am going to have to bring it to Japtrix so the can finish the installation and make everything fit right. ill keep ya updated.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 PM
sucks though, i hope it not a big fix. the guy i bought from said it would fit all g35 coupe and sedan mt and auto. the only thing that will change it the y-pipe for the mt.. which i have. anyone can enlighten me on this and how hard it is.. something easy for a shop to do?

Old 12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
you wont need to alter anything on the install except where the turbo intake meets the rad support. you will need to cut a hole there. mine was a pain in the a** to install too but just keep at it. they will probably want to go thru everything and install it from scratch so they know nothing is wrong with it so youll pay double!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I got some of the pipes in!!!! The only ones I have left are the turbo exhaust pipes. 2 of them. Only thin left after that is intercooler and piping and oil feed LinE install... Anyone know where I need to cut into the radiator or what not to fit the turbo intake?

Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
you need to fit the turbo then mark it where you need to cut the hole for the filter pipe. youre almost done dude! the turbo supplied it only oil cooled and not water cooled so all you need to do is feed the oil feed and drain to it.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I had to cut the top of the OEM radiator shroud near the top right in front where the intake piping returns to the intake. minor cuts. Outside that, the only mod to the pipes for my Revup was the tab welded on the bottom of the same pipe attached to the bottom of the radiator support to keep the piping from rubbing the pullies.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by g-adabout
I had to cut the top of the OEM radiator shroud near the top right in front where the intake piping returns to the intake. minor cuts. Outside that, the only mod to the pipes for my Revup was the tab welded on the bottom of the same pipe attached to the bottom of the radiator support to keep the piping from rubbing the pullies.
sorry ya just the stock fan shroud at the top right for the charge pipe to pass. i had a custom intake made to go thru the rad support and pull in air from behind the front grill so i had to cut a hole in the rad support to allow passage thru.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I just realized you were local to me. Roger does great work at JapTrix. Roger will easily take care of that

Last edited by TIAN; 12-13-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by g-adabout
yeah the turbo is in already, i just had to cut some of the radiator support and bend the ac lines towards the front of the car. The turbo air inlet intake was a pain to fit on but its in now and is snug. some bolts are extremely hard to get to and am going to have roger finish the fastening of the nuts. the only thing left is the intercooler and oil feed line. will i have to do any modifying to fit the intercooler and pipeing? it doesnt seem to so but just wonering from someone who has done it before. Thanks

Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tian
I just realized you were local to me. Jack does great work at JapTrix. Jack will easily take care of that
well, japtix is great ahemmm..Roger, Jack blew up my last car. also Jack isnt there anymore. he has his own shop called performace logic or something. where is south florida?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics ST install!!