Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbonetics ST install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Hey Daniel, PM Danny, GreenGoblin. He is extremely knowledgable in the VQ platform and has installed many FI kits in his garage. He may be able to help and is semi local.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tian
Hey Daniel, PM Danny, GreenGoblin. He is extremely knowledgable in the VQ platform and has installed many FI kits in his garage. He may be able to help and is semi local.
Wow thanks man... I hope he can help...

Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 AM
this is crazy. i just searched again on my computer instead of the iphone and i found tons of turbonetics v-bands clamps. they look exactally the same... part number and everything. just pmed greengoblen. hope he gets back soon.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:40 AM
That sucks. I have my used kit coming very shortly, already paid for... Hoping I don't have these issues. Also, did you have to replace the gaskets that came in the kit, or used the ones in the kit?Good luck with the rest man, I've subscribed to see what happens next.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM
i just got in contact with greengoblin. danny. wow what a great guy and a huge help. he thinks its a little fishy as well. he is also comming to help me figure it out. all i need is to find some 2.25 inch v-band clamp.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
i just got in contact with greengoblin. danny. wow what a great guy and a huge help. he thinks its a little fishy as well. he is also comming to help me figure it out. all i need is to find some 2.25 inch v-band clamp.
Danny is the man

Old 12-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Check treadstoneperformance.com... Turbonetics sold the rights to the kit to them... They should have every part you'd ever need to replace

Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't know if I need the 2.5 or 2.25 inch... I know the newer kits have the 2.5 inch and two three inch. I guess I'll have to measure the outer diameter of the flanges to know. Either way, I found plenty of both the 2.25 and 2.5 inch v bands....

Old 12-18-2010, 12:55 AM
update: so i got the car towed back to my house and i checked all clamps and alignment and everything they said was wrong... and guess what. NOTHING was broken or wrong.... the clamps were all there??? and not broken and i even loosened some and retightened them and the pipes were still somewhat lined up and no where near how they described it. What the hell were they thinking? i dont understand? they cant be that dumb? very bizzare. when i went to pick it up they were saying how big of a mistake that the guy john did by calling me and letting me know that everything was broken and streched and will cost 4,000. because in reality, nothing was broken at all... nor would it cost that much. however he still insisted i needed new flanges to line up just right so that he would be able to tune it properly. he also was complaining about the ac lines and how they all burst etc.. all in all he basiaclly hated on the turbonetics kit and seemed like they just wanted to screw me over and charge whatever to do it their way. im very suprised at the out come and how the situation was handled. im sure japtrix has its positives but im sorry to say that im probably not going back there. its just crazy to think about what they said had to be done and none is true... i mean they actually told me that everything was messed up and broken and it clearly isnt.... finding a new shop to tune on monday... to be continued...

Old 12-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is total bull S**T. they only wanted your money and tried to take you for a ride, you called their bluff and now they are trying to back pedal. find a new garage! i would be livid if i was in your shoes!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:16 AM
yea... trust me i am... i still cant make sense of it nor can i believe that a shop of such admeration from people will be so stupid??? i just cant make sense of it. deep down i knew nothing was wrong because it all fit!! so there was no way it could of been as bad as they said. but being that they are the pros. i took their word for it and was scrambling for answers... very unprofessional to make a phone call like that and say that they have to redo eveything and it will cost that much!!! they have some work to do over there... thats for sure.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Premier Member

Received 421 Likes on 339 Posts
that is F___ked up. I can't believe they treated you like that. Especially in this economy, shops can't be jerking people around like that. All they had to do was treat you right the first time and I'm sure you would've been back in the future too

Old 12-18-2010, 12:27 PM
exactally.. danny will be here shortly to finish the loose ends of the install.... rechecked everything again to see if i was missing something and everything was fine... crazy

Old 12-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Im glad you are the smarter one...It would have sucked to seen you get raped over the coals for something like that.

I have full faith in my tuner. I hope you have find that in one soon. good luck!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:53 PM
update. so danny comes over to help me finish. first i would like to thank him for his generousity and helping hand not to mention hes a great guy... anyway, he looked over everything that japtrix looked at and told me i need to spend *** loads of money on and he saw nothing! wrong. i mean a few pipes were slightly misaligned but we fixed that no problem. all my clamps were fine and fit snug not to mention lining up ok. he couldnt believe what they told me and mentioned thay he had heard bad things about how they operate...i can say that im relieved that its all on there and fitting pretty!! all i need now is to find a new tuner;( if anyone can help i also want to protect the car from a over boost situation. i have the utech and map sensor will that do the trick? Thanks all and any recomendations for a tuner would be great...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics ST install!!