Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Turbonetics ST install!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielsG
well, japtix is great ahemmm..Roger, Jack blew up my last car. also Jack isnt there anymore. he has his own shop called performace logic or something. where is south florida?
Yeah, I edited it lol. Jack owns HP Logic. Had a brain fart. I'm in WPB and MIA. I know Roger has worked with the Turbonetics kit and I've seen him make custom piping first hand

Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. Custom piping for what? It seems that Some of the intercooler piping, when installed, will hit the plastic lining in the fender. Will I have to cut the fender lining in order for the intercooler piping to fit correctly?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool. Custom piping for what? It seems that Some of the intercooler piping, when installed, will hit the plastic lining in the fender. Will I have to cut the fender lining in order for the intercooler piping to fit correctly?
you shouldnt have to cut the fender well and you might have to cut the tab at the front of the charge pipe coming by the pulleys cause of the valve timing sensor.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Are you talking about the charge pipe that is at the bottom of the radiator? That tab? Because I just finish pitting that in and didn't have to cut anything however the pipe is so close to the crank pulley.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM
The only other issue I have is that I can't connect the turbos exhaust to the pipe ( rear of turbo) because it hits part o the sheet metal in the engin bay. Drivers side, any suggestions do that?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only other issue I have is that I can't connect the turbos exhaust to the pipe ( rear of turbo) because it hits part o the sheet metal in the engin bay. Drivers side, any suggestions do that?
You may have to shift around the downpipe a little. It will fit together but remember not to tighten the vclamps too tight yet.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you talking about the charge pipe that is at the bottom of the radiator? That tab? Because I just finish pitting that in and didn't have to cut anything however the pipe is so close to the crank pulley.
no it will be near the top front of the motor and it keeps the pipe away from the pulleys. i left mine on just to give it clearance but couldnt fasten it.

if its the exhaust manifold shroud then you need to remove it to install the exhaust down pipe properly.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Update. Going to Japtrix in the morning for my tune and to run a a small custom pipe for my exhaust, I have high power and its a dual. S, Roger is gonna make a pipe that runs from the last down pipe to were my high power starts mid section of car. I have. Few things to do tonight before it goes off. I have to bolt the waste gate in, injectors, put on the upper and lower intake manifold, then. Put back all my plastics and connect all lines again. Hopefully it won't take me to long

Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 AM
i live in boca hopefully ill see your car around i wanna do the same turbo kit in about a year

Old 12-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Here's the latest. I can't believe this... I need opinions here. Every thing was installed correctly and fit however as everyone on here said, it is realy tight and some exhaust parts are touching the tranny slightly and the turbo downpipe is touching the driver side engine bay. But evrything is clamped and and good to go. So I get a call from them and they tell me that ALL the clamps are broken and the kit is installed completely wrong and nothing lines up and that everything is done wrong!!! WTF? They said
They lossend all clamps and all the exhaust shot out so they are stretched and don't work. Heres where it gets juicy. Innorder for me to fit this kit.. Right... They have to disassemble everything and cut off the circular flanges because I can't get those clamps anymore. So I would have to customize new flanges.and they want to charge me 3500-4000 to do the job....!!!! WOW how the he'll can This be true?I mean the pipes only gonom one way.. So there is no way I out them on wrong???? I need to find another shop becaue something isn't right....

Old 12-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I just did a one second search for new clamps... WTF are they smoking? Some one chime in please.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear that... i think you can get those clamps from either Treadstone or Turbonetics themselves but those clamps still leak even when tightened.
I remember someone in this forum had to use an exhaust gasket between the downpipe and midpipe and also the vclamp.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Also can someone please tell me what size clamps I need in all for this clamp.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Also can someone please tell me what size clamps I need in all for this clamp.
Which clamps will you be needing?? there are two different sizes.

Smaller ones used for the intercooler piping and exhaust manifold to charge pipe (up-pipe) and larger ones for downpipe.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=Athens350gt;5544896]Which clamps will you be needing?? there are two different sizes.

Smaller ones used for the intercooler piping and exhaust manifold to charge pipe (up-pipe) and larger ones for downpipe.[/QUOTE

I'm talking about the v-clamps for the exhaust. All of them. But What do u think about this figment Isssue? I can't be that far off.. And then have them call an tell me that it's gong cost me
4000? That is absolutely crazy!!! On top of that... I just found the clamps here:http://www.jegs.com/p/Turbonetics/Turbonetics-V-Band-Clamps-and-Accessories/757380/10002/-1
So what's up with this... Recommendations please for new shop. And what can be going wrong... Anyone in my area that can help me out?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics ST install!!