Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)
View Poll Results: HVS - go or no go?
No idea, not interested
46.67%
No idea, but seems interesting
33.33%
I have one and it sucks
6.67%
I have one and it RULES!
13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Hyper Voltage System - HVS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Hyper Voltage System - HVS

i know there has been some discussion of the HVS on the Canadian forums. however, it seems it hasn't reached forum-wide recognition or discussion. So...

I found the HVS being sold here for $180 + shipping. Seems like SUN Hyper Voltage System Type MR (multiple-range - also available as HR /high-rpm/ and LR /low-rpm/) is the best solution for an average driver. This is also being sold on ebay - $115 and $169 (first auction being a better deal, obviously).

I am curious to see if there are any votes for or against this item being installed on our cars. Well, besides the obvious novelty and bling value. I would pay $150 for something that's unique and is proven to provide some, even little, performance improvement, as well as uniqueness.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:21 AM
there are some much cheaper items - how about a NISMO (supposed knockoff) for $25

Old 07-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wtf seems to be just a capacitor on the battery.

anyways if they do have scientific data, they don't present it very well. or are targeting their marketing at 6th grade special ed students.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:50 AM
WRAH
I think something like this could be dangerous

Old 07-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by WRAH
I think something like this could be dangerous
dangerous....??? how???

sean

Old 07-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by socalsean
dangerous....??? how???

sean
Because it will suck $180.00 out of your pocket.....like the Turbonator

Old 07-22-2005, 04:21 PM
well,i think i might end up getting one. just for the looks alone. i saw one of these devices on an altima with aftermarket stereo, and it looked pretty nice. any more votes/opinions?

Old 07-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Pure rice.

If you've ever looked at the FSM for the G35, you would see that Nissan took a lot of time and care is designing quality and reliable components including the electrical system on the G35. Ever since it's introduction in 1995, the VQ has used an extremely high voltage and accurate ignition system. This "voltage system" is a joke.

Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is this, seems like those 'plasma booster things', or ground wires (which i don't think are proven to work like they claim), i have a set on my IS300, no difference before or after

Old 07-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know its not exactly the same but you might want to read this thread before purchasing: http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110042

Old 07-23-2005, 02:12 PM
WRAH
Originally Posted by socalsean
dangerous....??? how???

sean
Its a large capacitor!

Old 07-24-2005, 05:09 AM
ok ok got it. i won't waste money on this, as it does not show any improvement in performance.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:32 AM
I know some of you will start falming me for this but here goes.......

I actually bought the HVS Type MR
right after we installed it, me and my friend(who drives my car and floors it occasionally) have found that the car is slightly more responsive and gained some torque.....
I know we might not be able to proof anything but our bud dyno really showed some results and we drive the car and know it pretty well too
Just wanna say it might not be as big of a scam as some claimed, the report of the one tested in my350z is a completely different so you can't say this is a scam as well, its like saying some grounding wires doesn't do nothing thus Gord's GroundingGear does nothing as well...............
SUN is a pretty well known brand and I don't think they will put their name into risk to try to gain a few bucks from you guys..... I know all these new Japanese car toys are like magic and seems doubtful but I am just meerly stating from personal experience

Old 07-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Renesis
its like saying some grounding wires doesn't do nothing thus Gord's GroundingGear does nothing as well...............
I'm hoping you mean the GroundingGear™ does do something, even if some kits don't.

We actually did some testing on these units a while back. When done alone, and without other H-G wires, it does seem to make a slight difference, though not noticeable in all cases, and not as consistently as when a grounding system was assessed and fitted to the car(s). We really couldn't reliably notice a significant difference when we did the install to an existing H-G system. Of course, depending on your own car's set-up, the potential may be there.

A Turbo & HP mag article came to the same conclusion. Feedback from some that have installed the HVS has varied as well.

We decided to drop the project when cost was factored vs. the potential benefit.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Gordgee
I'm hoping you mean the GroundingGear™ does do something, even if some kits don't.

We actually did some testing on these units a while back. When done alone, and without other H-G wires, it does seem to make a slight difference, though not noticeable in all cases, and not as consistently as when a grounding system was assessed and fitted to the car(s). We really couldn't reliably notice a significant difference when we did the install to an existing H-G system. Of course, depending on your own car's set-up, the potential may be there.

A Turbo & HP mag article came to the same conclusion. Feedback from some that have installed the HVS has varied as well.

We decided to drop the project when cost was factored vs. the potential benefit.
Yeah, thats what i mean Gord, even though I haven't bought one yet due to some financial problems, I heard nothing but good things about your kit....

I agree, it really depends on the car and how it was usually driven. My car seems to have more torque and is more responsive when I floor it but it might differ for another G. These new japanese gadgets that claims to improve microscopic level elements are interesting and soem really does work..... But I trust in SUN's products because they are a big firm that produces spark plug wires and other ignition and electric related stuff.... I doubt they will put out a bad product to ruin their hard earned fame and this is from personal experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper Voltage System - HVS