Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Cheryl,

Trey should try and be the 1/4 tester. He probably has more track time with the Rev-Up than anyone in here. Maybe him and Tony could work something out.
There are a lot of people in here with more track time than you sir.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
DaveB,

Although you contradicted yourself several times... You said it won't be any quicker in the 1/4 mile, you said I am honest, you inferr to be objective and you say the cartest simulation results are credible.

Why don't you do a pre/post simulations in your cartest program and post the results?

I've seen how you have a way of fudging, skewing or selectvly ignoring the facts to suit your favor but if you have any integrity why don't you just plug in these numbers, without any kind of bias, and post the results?

Hey I'm curious to see what it will do in the 1/4 mile too. I said that from day one.

https://g35driver.com/forums/attachm...5&d=1130809536

No more arguing. Just Pre/post this in cartest.

If the dyno is accurate. If my analysis is accurate. If cartest is accurate. The output will be accurate.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
There are a lot of people in here with more track time than you sir.
I could only hope. I can't afford nor have the time now to go to the track on a regular basis. I figured Trey was the most logical choice since he seems to be about the ONLY Rev-Up owner in the entire site that's raced the car more than once at the track.

In a nutshell, I guess I have no idea what your point is. You do realize I have an 03 5AT. Right?

Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
DaveB,

Although you contradicted yourself several times... You said it won't be any quicker in the 1/4 mile, you said I am honest, you inferr to be objective and you say the cartest simulation results are credible.

Why don't you do a pre/post simulations in your cartest program and post the results?

I've seen how you have a way of fudging, skewing or selectvly ignoring the facts to suit your favor but if you have any integrity why don't you just plug in these numbers, without any kind of bias, and post the results?

Hey I'm curious to see what it will do in the 1/4 mile too. I said that from day one.

https://g35driver.com/forums/attachm...5&d=1130809536

No more arguing. Just Pre/post this in cartest.

If the dyno is accurate. If my analysis is accurate. If cartest is accurate. The output will be accurate.
Okay, I've already been reamed by the peanut gallery about using Cartest simulations. Now you want me to run another one

Okay, let's keep some things in mind here though, the numbers I'm using are from Russ' Dynojet plot and also the Crawford Plenum/non-Rev low manifold. Like I stated earlier, I like to use Dynojets because they factor in the losses associated with the wheels. The Dynapack, while much better for tuning, is a brake dyno and takes the readings from the hubs. Since it's a brake dyno, you can vary the load to anything you wish. This is great for tuning, but bad for trying to compare plots between it and a Dynojet. With that said, using your Dynapack numbers, 2500rpm "soft" launch and .3 second shifts, the MREV will be 0.06 seconds quicker and 0.5mph faster. Using my data, a 4500rpm launch, .3 second shifts, the MREV is 0.03 seconds quicker and 0.3mph faster. The MREV is quicker and faster, but consistentcy wise, it would be very hard to really see. I guess if both cars left at the same time, the MREV would finish about 3 feet ahead.

Old 11-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There we go - THE MREV IS QUICKER AND FASTER.

done.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Cmon Son!
still a drivers race. no significant advantage here.

When my buddy's comes in, he said he will let me drive the car to feel the difference. I am sure as stated for daily driving that its a blast.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clok-

It's a "driver's race" for me with an STI, a 5.0l Mustang, a 'Vette, Viper, Lotus, etc. (and I have videos to prove it)

Since everyone is caught up on Dyno numbers and Simulations, that's what I was referring to. A MEASURABLE advantage, even by the naysayers.

Last edited by ChicagoX; 11-10-2005 at 05:10 PM. Reason: content
Old 11-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Using my data, a 4500rpm launch, .3 second shifts, the MREV is 0.03 seconds quicker and 0.3mph faster. The MREV is quicker and faster, but consistentcy wise, it would be very hard to really see. I guess if both cars left at the same time, the MREV would finish about 3 feet ahead.
Assuming this modelling holds up in the real world, you are absolutely correct that it would be imperceptible in the 1/4. But we've already discussed, a 13.999 is still a 13, and not a 14. That .03, for some people, might make the difference .

In the case of my best-ever run, it would still have been a 14.1 though

Old 11-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Russ is going to be sending me the Runfiles of his dyno. That will help me fine tune the accuracy which may or may not favor the MREV. We'll see.

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
There we go - THE MREV IS QUICKER AND FASTER.

done.
Yep

Old 11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Just release the mod already!! I have my $600 ready!!

Old 11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
OK. I'll start releasing the MREV even though its not on the website yet. Give me a PM and I'll hook you up.

For those of you who drive the 05 6MT and already purchased a plenum spacer, I'll give you a bump up on priority!

Tony

Old 11-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Russ is going to be sending me the Runfiles of his dyno. That will help me fine tune the accuracy which may or may not favor the MREV. We'll see.
Yep
Do the same with Klumzyees and Alexes dynos too. I can send you their data. I'm sure everybody here would like to see how their results stack up as well.

Run them 0-60. Run them from a typical cruise conditon @~70 MPH in 6th, drop a gear and simulate passing another car on the freeway. Run them 0-156. Any combination!

More data points = More Truth = More better!

Tony

Old 11-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
I really applaud Tony for the way he deals with the public. Most vendors will quote you a HP number that their mod will supposedly give you. Then, you find out that they intentionally pumped up their numbers to sell a product.

Tony deals with everyone in the open forum and asks people to test it themselves and then post their results. This is great, because he's also willing to hear the negatives with the positives. What if his product doesn't stand up against another one (I HIGHLY doubt this is the case).......he's willing to find out just like we all are....here in the public forum.

It's because of this that I purchase his products in the first place. I know for fact that I am buying a quality product.

Tony, there are few like you left out there!

Old 11-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
OK. I'll start releasing the MREV even though its not on the website yet. Give me a PM and I'll hook you up.

For those of you who drive the 05 6MT and already purchased a plenum spacer, I'll give you a bump up on priority!

Tony
Ton'y should I post my website

Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
I really applaud Tony for the way he deals with the public. Most vendors will quote you a HP number that their mod will supposedly give you. Then, you find out that they intentionally pumped up their numbers to sell a product.

Tony deals with everyone in the open forum and asks people to test it themselves and then post their results. This is great, because he's also willing to hear the negatives with the positives. What if his product doesn't stand up against another one (I HIGHLY doubt this is the case).......he's willing to find out just like we all are....here in the public forum.

It's because of this that I purchase his products in the first place. I know for fact that I am buying a quality product.

Tony, there are few like you left out there!
I couldn't agree more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering