Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 11-20-2005, 12:53 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright is the limiter at 145 or 155? I was under the impression that it was at 155. Please clarify.

Old 11-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Premier Member

I guess you didn't pay attention to a previous topic here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=speed+limiter

Contact Technosquare if you don't believe that either.

Old 11-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
Nice runs, but do you have any before runs for comparison? There are already bonestock 6MTs doing high 13s. Without any other data, we have no idea of the improvement. You're trap speeds are really good, but it's hard to know if the conditions had some effect on that. What were the conditions like last night?
My god man....are you the most negative person in the world??? You have now seen what at least 3 dynos, and now my 1/4 times. It was COLD the night I went, I would say 37-38 degrees. Before you slam that and say it was the cold air, I did not do burn outs, newer tires and I only did 2 runs because I was pressed for time. My tires would not hook up at all, so I would have done alot better if I had time to perfect my new launch. As for several G's in the 13's stock.....where and have they been properly corrected for sea level? My previous best was a 14.07...at 101.??MPH. That was done on another freezing night. I no longer have that ticket to provide you with all of the other varibles. Dave, I'm not picking a fight here , but I think it's time to give your grace on this and LET IT GO MAN!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2005, 06:41 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by G35_TX
I guess you didn't pay attention to a previous topic here:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=speed+limiter

Contact Technosquare if you don't believe that either.
Hold on just a minute - I didn't say that I didn't believe you. I simply asked a question. Don't assume that someone is attacking what you said just because they asked a question. I don't need to contact Technosquare - I just asked for a clarification.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wnt1bd
My god man....are you the most negative person in the world??? You have now seen what at least 3 dynos, and now my 1/4 times. It was COLD the night I went, I would say 37-38 degrees. Before you slam that and say it was the cold air, I did not do burn outs, newer tires and I only did 2 runs because I was pressed for time. My tires would not hook up at all, so I would have done alot better if I had time to perfect my new launch. As for several G's in the 13's stock.....where and have they been properly corrected for sea level? My previous best was a 14.07...at 101.??MPH. That was done on another freezing night. I no longer have that ticket to provide you with all of the other varibles. Dave, I'm not picking a fight here , but I think it's time to give your grace on this and LET IT GO MAN!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
I don't think Dave was picking a fight by questioning you. As a matter of fact, I was just about to do the same thing before I read your response. Not because I didn't believe you, but because by providing more information, others on the board(read: me) can learn something useful.

Specifically, here are my questions.
What kind of times and traps were you running prior to the mrev?
What kind of 60 foots were you running before and after the mod?
I'm very impressed with 102mph traps, very impressed indeed. Another reason I want to know how you trapped beforehand.

Were you running on street tires? The same tires as before the MREV? What were your 60's like? Were you able to get 2.1's consistently before the MREV? I've got to give you props on that 2.103. That's the best 60' I've seen an NA g run on street tires. What is your launch technique to get these times? Are these times on stock tires? If so, turanza's or goodyears?

Now, *TO BE CLEAR*, I am not asking these questions because I doubt you. I ask to figure out what the variables are, and what they are not.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Now I look like the a$$...LOL It's just Dave has been doubting this thread since the begining. Now to try and answer your questions.....
It was done on oem tires..Brigestone Potenza's 19"...No burnouts.......DOn't do them on street tires , waste of tread. Launch tech. I tried 2200 RPM and I spun REALLY badly, so I then tried @1800 rpm and still spun. Not quite as bad , but not optimal. Previous times...well I have to dig around the house to find my old timeslips. My goal in this was to hit 13's. My previous best was 14.0? at 101.?? MPH. I will try and find it for you, since this is a bonified curiosity(sp).

Last edited by wnt1bd; 11-20-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now I look like the a$$...LOL It's just Dave has been doubting this thread since the begining. Now to try and answer your questions.....
It was done on oem tires..Brigestone Potenza's 19"...No burnouts.......DOn't do them on street tires , waste of tread. Launch tech. I tried 2200 RPM and I spun REALLY badly, so I then tried @1800 rpm and still spun. Not quite as bad , but not optimal. Previous times...well I have to dig around the house to find my old timeslips. My goal in this was to hit 13's. My previous best was 14.0? at 101.?? MPH. I will try and find it for you, since this is a bonified curiosity(sp).
It's cool man. Again, impressed with the times, traps, and 60's. It's funny though because I had just assumed you had the sedan, hence the reference to the goodyears/turanzas.

What I find interesting is the traps. My best trap to date has been a few runs of 100.xxmph. Now, like your two runs, I trapped at 79.xx in the eighth. However, at the end, I still trapped at only 100.6 versus your two 102.xx's. I realize we can't do an exact comparison(conditions, alti, etc), but that tells me that MREV didn't detract your top-end very much; but that's just pure speculation.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:19 PM
I think it's the extra torque in the mid range that's pushing it alot faster. That's also why I have a huge problem hooking up off the line. Top end has lost a little. I was ummm how do I say testing top end power....starting high in 4th we would both gun it and I would slightly pull ahead the when we would get 6000+ rpm he would gain on me. Now keep in mind this was already rolling @ 75mph. Off the line I would pull him easlily.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Florida G35 Club
Now

Come on people. I will say this again.
The Mrev should be able to produce 3/10 and 3 mile per hour in the 1/4 mile.
You will need a driver with no bad habit's or a driver that knows his shift points.
It will be spring time before I test my ride, Understand that the Pasta Mobil is in heavy mod mode this winter. IM looking at low 12's to high 11's with the opening year with a dyno shootout in Southern Calif. With over 300 HP rwhp. Somebody is going to do it.
Tony, will be a big part of it. Pasta

Old 11-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Florida G35 Club
I must say, if the cars keep showing gains like the last two dynos, these G's will be quicker and faster with the MREV mod. Cartest says .11 and 1.2mph.
Dave
Its good to see you coming around.
The ET is going to be the hard part. IM saying 3/10 with great driving.
3 miles per hour, produced, Its a no brainier" here.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I'm not trying to be negative. My point was we need a before and after. We also need to know the conditions and any changes in 60 foot. Case in point, I ran raced my 03 5AT sedan at the track today. My previous best was a 14.49@97.6mph with a 2.21 60' in conditions (upper 60s, humid, 1000' above sea level) that equaled a 2,100' density altitude. Today, with absolutely no changes to my car (Z-pipe and removed Power Duct cover), I went 14.32@97.7mph with a 2.15 60'. Today it was in the mid 40s, low humidity, and high pressure. The calculated DA was near sea level. I also ran another 14.3 and a handful of low 14.4s in the upper 97s and lower 98s. My only mod today was dense air and it was good for a .17 second improvement in ET. For someone that doesn't understand the roll conditions and 60 foot plays in the performance of a car, they might of attributed these gains to some mod they may have added, but in reality it was just the better air and 60'.

Do you see what I'm getting at now?

Last edited by DaveB; 11-21-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Premier Member

I'm not trying to be negative. My point was we need a before and after. We also need to know the conditions and any changes in 60 foot. Case in point, I ran raced my 03 5AT sedan at the track today. My previous best was a 14.49@97.6mph with a 2.21 60' in conditions (upper 60s, humid, 1000' above sea level) that equaled a 2,100' density altitude. Today, with absolutely no changes to my car (Z-pipe and removed Power Duct cover), I went 14.32@97.7mph with a 2.15 60'. Today it was in the mid 40s, low humidity, and high pressure. The calculated DA was near sea level. I also ran another 14.3 and a handful of low 14.4s in the upper 97s and lower 98s. My only mod today was dense air and it was good for a .17 second improvement in ET. For someone that doesn't understand the roll conditions and 60 foot plays in the performance of a car, they might of attributed these gains to some mod they may have added, but in reality it was just the better air and 60'.

Do you see what I'm getting at now?
Removing the dust cover allows the engine to stay cooler. You might want to invent in a 350z cover. That also helps a little.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Now

Come on people. I will say this again.
The Mrev should be able to produce 3/10 and 3 mile per hour in the 1/4 mile.
You will need a driver with no bad habit's or a driver that knows his shift points.
It will be spring time before I test my ride, Understand that the Pasta Mobil is in heavy mod mode this winter. IM looking at low 12's to high 11's with the opening year with a dyno shootout in Southern Calif. With over 300 HP rwhp. Somebody is going to do it.
Tony, will be a big part of it. Pasta
You better be getting the APS TT and putting your G on a MAJOR DIET!

I've seen a fully built G35 with ~500rwhp get 12.5 @115mph. You're gonna have a tough time beating that with a few NA mods. Gimme a call papa-pasta.

BTW, can someone pat me on the back for staying 100% out of this thread? Geesh... I'm dying over here.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
BTW, can someone pat me on the back for staying 100% out of this thread?
Not anymore....

IIRC, ISMsolutions is running 12's N/A. Converter, Valve body, bolt-ons, 3.91 gears.

Good luck, Pasta.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Not anymore.... ...
Good luck, Pasta.
ha ha... Is that with a factory conditioned car or a gutted shell of what used to be a G35?

Oh yeah, good luck pasta!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering