Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally place the order from Partshippers with 8% Discount plus 2% more from G35Driver membership.... This MREV better be as good as advertise!! Im sure it is.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel350
Here is my dyno from a 350Z.

This was done in 4th gear.

Gains are pretty consistent with the other dyno's.

http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dyno22eb.jpg

http://img279.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dyno30cx.jpg
Excellent results and congrats on the great gains!

Old 12-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Okay I'm convinced after reading all those posts, but confused(sorry but I'm know nothing technical about cars). So basically all I need are these?
Copper Iso Thermal MREV
MREV Plus

and also where should i get the installation performed? so the MREV being a stealth mod, will not alter the looks of the clean stock look under the hood right? I hope nobody can tell that its there just by looking.

again I apologize if I asked anything that have been covered, but reading all arguments on this thread has got me pretty confused.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by cloud
Okay I'm convinced after reading all those posts, but confused(sorry but I'm know nothing technical about cars). So basically all I need are these?
Copper Iso Thermal MREV
MREV Plus

and also where should i get the installation performed? so the MREV being a stealth mod, will not alter the looks of the clean stock look under the hood right? I hope nobody can tell that its there just by looking.

again I apologize if I asked anything that have been covered, but reading all arguments on this thread has got me pretty confused.
Hi Cloud,
Just about any shop could do the installation for you. Where are you located? I'm not familiar with Cupertino Ca.

And yes, its extremely stealth. With the engine cover on, no one will be able to see it. A total sleeper mod until you floor it!

Old 12-19-2005, 11:06 PM
thats near sunnyvale, or sanjose

Old 12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hmmm... I don't know of any shops in your area.

Whenever I'm looking for something, the first thing I do is crack open the yellow pages. You can usually find what you want.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:17 PM
One of my main concerns is voiding the warranty(I have the 7 year and the cars' less than 3mths old), i know some of you have said that the dealer has to prove that the mod caused problems. I usually send in my car to frontier infiniti for service. Anyone with the MREV mod frequent frontier infiniti? what was their take on it?

Old 12-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
cloud,

For your MREV install, you might consider Rob at Z Car Garage, which is located in San Jose. Since, I can't and won't crawl under a car anymore . . . I will be contacting Rob to install my HKS exhaust, when it comes in.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:48 PM
so back to my question, the MREV is not just a stand alone kit and not an addon to the regular motordyne iso thermal right? Just for confirmation, are these are all the parts that i need?
Copper Iso Thermal MREV
MREV Plus

Old 12-19-2005, 11:53 PM
so back to my question, the MREV is not just a stand alone kit and not an addon to the regular motordyne iso thermal right? Just for confirmation, are these are all the parts that i need?
Copper Iso Thermal MREV
MREV Plus

Hey cloud, all you need is the MREV plus. The plus has everything you need in a neat little package. Also, I honestly think you should do this mod yourself. As this is one true "turn-key" mod. All you need to do is unscrew and screw a number of bolts/screws. Nothing major. So I suggest you download some instructions from the forum and give it a try.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Copper Iso Thermal MREV
MREV Plus
If you have the RevUp motor ('05 - '06 w/6MT) . . . Your options are either the ISO Thermal MREV or Copper ISO Thermal MREV combined with the MREV Plus, if you so desired.

For further details, go to Tony's site.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.asp

Last edited by Andy2434; 12-20-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:06 AM
i just installed mine in 1.5 hours. I have the Copper Iso Thermal Mrev. I would have bought the Mrev Plus but i bought it 2 days prior to the release. I am a little bit dissapointed but oh well I am still happy with it.

Trust me on this, it is an easy install but you just have to be patient. And remember to have a torque wrench. The instructions that came with the kit are good but I had to figure a few things out for myself.

The only thing I found which was a big pain in the *** was sqeezing the hose clamps with pliers and moving them down a few inches (especially the one underneath the throttle body. Directions were ok but I had to flip a few pgaes back and fourth.

Impressions: Excellent kit. The car feels different and I notice that I do not have to step on the pedal as much to get the car moving. The intake growl is more noticeable too. Mashing the pedal at higher rpms is also a joy. Pickup is much faster and had to reevaluate the way I drive just a bit.
Really impressed on how the Copper Iso Thermal performed it's job. I could actually touch the plenum after hard driving and not worry about burning my hand.

Conclusion: Well worth the money spent. Gonna let my brother in law drive the car because he was contemplating on buying the mod too. I think after driving my car, he will purchase one.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by AthenG
Finally place the order from Partshippers with 8% Discount plus 2% more from G35Driver membership.... This MREV better be as good as advertise!! Im sure it is.
How do you get 2% off from membership? Is there a coupon code?

Old 12-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by zimmG35
How do you get 2% off from membership? Is there a coupon code?
PM partshipperdave, it saved me the cost of shipping.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone,
There has been some confussion recently on our pricing of the Motordyne products. We have everything on sale at 8% off, as dictated by Motordyne, in order to keep the discounts the same. We have extended a sitewide discount of 2% off all of our products recently, in order to provide a discount on shipping charges. This discount is being extended to multiple forums for many different makes.
Our website calculates shipping charges automatically, so the only way we can extend a shipping discount is to offer a coupon code to help offset that. The 2% discount helps cut that cost down. We are eatting the shipping cost in order to provide this deal to our customers. This does not mean we are selling the Motordyne products at 10% off. It just means that we have occassionally extended this sitewide shipping deal to our customers as a way of saying thank you for your support and happy holidays!
Buying any of our products through PartShippers also provides you with exceptional customer support and communication before, during and after your ordering process. It's what we pride ourselves on. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to know more about the shipping deal on our complete line of products.
Thank you all and happy holidays. Enjoy the new found power!

Last edited by partshipperdave; 12-20-2005 at 11:01 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering