Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I have a question about purchasing this product. I am currently in Washington State. I see that Tony (Motordyne) is in Cali and Dave (partshipper) is in Philly. Where is the product shipped form and how long can I expect shipping to take? It looks like I can order from either website, which one would get me the item faster?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by zimmG35
So I have a question about purchasing this product. I am currently in Washington State. I see that Tony (Motordyne) is in Cali and Dave (partshipper) is in Philly. Where is the product shipped form and how long can I expect shipping to take? It looks like I can order from either website, which one would get me the item faster?

Thanks,
Jason
Don't quote me for this but i believe that for now everything is being shipped from Motordyne because of the Holiday rush at least that is in my case.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Cloud,

I just had my car in for the 7500 mile service at Frontier Infiniti with cover over the MREV. Either they didn't notice or they didn't care. I ususally run with cover off but opted to put it on for the service just in case. You don't need to pay someone to do it, you can easlily do it yourself. If you get the MREV and need help with the install, PM me.

Last edited by yamashirod; 12-20-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Wow.... 55 Pages and counting...

Thanks to all that had useful information posted on this thread... I think I have all my questions answered by reading each page... So I did not get any work done the past two days while reading this at work...

Tony or PartShipperDave,

How long will the 8% discount last? This sounds like an excellent "bolt on"/"turn key" product, so I will be looking into purchasing the Copper ISO thermal MREV and hey any savings I can get will be sweet.

Thanks Russell for posting the excellent pictures, dynos, and temp measurements from your beta test... from the look of things most non "wrench" people should be able to do the install without to much of a problem... as long as they follow instructions and use common sense

Old 12-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by 1dannyboy
people should be able to do the install without to much of a problem... as long as they follow instructions and use common sense
DITTO! ON THAT! Carefully follow the instructions for a smooth and easy install.

The Christmas discount will go to the end of the month.
Tony

EDIT: HEY CHECK THIS OUT!
SPORT Z MAGAZINE PLENUM MOD SHOOT OUT DYNO RESULTS
http://www.motordyneengineering.com/dynos.asp

Last edited by Hydrazine; 12-20-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I have no idea if this is noted in the install instructions or not, but I can't stress how important it is that your engine is dead cold when attempting the install. The manifold bolts are on there with minimal torque and the bolts are very soft. When the engine is hot, everything expands and the torque on the bolts becomes greater therefore you need to apply a lot more torque to remove the bolts. This can lead to a stripped or snapped bolt. Just a word of warning because I'm constantly reading about people snapping intake manifold bolts. Be patient and wait till it's cold.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I have no idea if this is noted in the install instructions or not, but I can't stress how important it is that your engine is dead cold when attempting the install. The manifold bolts are on there with minimal torque and the bolts are very soft. When the engine is hot, everything expands and the torque on the bolts becomes greater therefore you need to apply a lot more torque to remove the bolts. This can lead to a stripped or snapped bolt. Just a word of warning because I'm constantly reading about people snapping intake manifold bolts. Be patient and wait till it's cold.
Great bit of information DaveB. This is why I love spending my time on these forums because you get information like this. It's awsome when you're doing a complicated mod and when something really difficult comes up and you're prepared because you already knew it would happen. Thanks for the info and keep them coming.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:07 PM
it's noted to let your engine cool overnight

Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Props to Tony on some fabulous products as well as a straightforward marketing approach.

Anyone have any thoughts on the results that were published in sportZ magazine for a revup lower collector installed into an 04 Z? It showed gains of between 5 and 7 accross the board and 10 at peak.
I posted a new thread regarding this.
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/79005-05-lower-collector-install-03-04-vq.html

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 12-20-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Props to Tony on some fabulous products as well as a straightforward marketing approach.

Anyone have any thoughts on the results that were published in sportZ magazine for a revup lower collector installed into an 04 Z? It showed gains of between 5 and 7 accross the board and 10 at peak.
I posted a new thread regarding this.
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79005
I have a hard time believing this is really true because I do specifically remember a guy over at my350z.com that tested the Rev-Up lower on his 04 and saw a solid loss in power until 6100rpms where there was a little blip of additional power. The consenus was "waste of time". I'll post the link and plot tommorrow. Was this test in SportsZ Mag done with a spacer in place or just stock? The guy that tested on my350Z used the stock upper manifold I believe.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by DaveB
I have a hard time believing this is really true because I do specifically remember a guy over at my350z.com that tested the Rev-Up lower on his 04 and saw a solid loss in power until 6100rpms where there was a little blip of additional power. The consenus was "waste of time". I'll post the link and plot tommorrow. Was this test in SportsZ Mag done with a spacer in place or just stock? The guy that tested on my350Z used the stock upper manifold I believe.
DaveB you are most certain to be right here on this. The car in question on dyno day was just not ready for the first dyno pull. It pinged and was loaded up with carbon. The base pull was not a fair comparison to the pull with the 05 bottom plenum. I will say that just standing behind this car in question that his second pull was way stronger just by sound alone.
In my opinion, I would not install the 05 bottom plenum on a non rev-up. The owner of the Z in question in one great guy. (ED) His car was sounding real nice after a few pulls.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by andycon
55 pages...

So after re-reading thru a lot of this - I didn't see if anyone has actually tested the *modified* lower plenum on an 03/04 ?? (wishful thinking?)
Andy
I do know that Tony is working on something or a lot of somethings right now that after R & D and testing should make you very pleased.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Dyno test of non-Rev Up motor with Rev-Up lower plenum. There was a loss of power all the way until 6300rpms.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23423

Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
That should have been expected with the way the 05's had been rated....
(and it was expected, obviously)

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering