Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can anyone recommend a reliable shop in LA/SFV that could install bolt ons such as this relatively cheaply. thanx.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
instead of dyno runs i'd like a seasoned test and tuner to goto their local drag strip and make a few runs. that's how i've always gauged my mods when i had my maxima.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by VQdriver
instead of dyno runs i'd like a seasoned test and tuner to goto their local drag strip and make a few runs. that's how i've always gauged my mods when i had my maxima.
Freaking Maxima owners. All they care about is drag racing j/k

Unfortunately, this isn't like the my350Z site where there are a lot of seasoned racers. I can count the G35 drivers that drag race on a consistent basis on my left hand. The other problem is many times lots of bias gets introduced like different wheels, different tracks, wildly different conditions, more mods, etc. For what ever reason and for better or worse, the G crowd thinks entirely different about gauging gains/losses on the track compared to the way Maxima.org/Corral.net/LS1.com/my350z.com gauge things. My best advice is to watch and see what the 350Z owners turn up with in terms of the MREV gains.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i'm optimistic that the G will reach a high level of NA tuning with basic breathing mods and ECU tuning! this mod will start things off for me. daveB weren't you an OG maxima.orger? i've noticed you and russ frequent here now.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I placed my order last night!!!

I thought about it for a while. Then, I payed attention to my driving style. I get on it alot, but rarely am I bangin' 7000 rpm shifts. Most of the time, I'm just tearing it up to get to 40 or 50 mph......in town driving.

I think the MREV will suit me well.

Also, I'll take it to the track to see how it performs, but When I want to really get on it, I up the pressure to 1100 PSI and squeeze the giggle gas!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, I haven't read this thread in a while. So when is this available? Or is it available already?

Old 11-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by G-ThreeFizzle
Sorry, I haven't read this thread in a while. So when is this available? Or is it available already?

You could, of course, read the last couple pages when Tony says it is already available.

Or, you could be very lazy, and rely on others to provide you the information, and be satisfied with what they give you.

The choice is yours.

Mine is already in the FedEx system.

Dave

Old 11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by caelric
You could, of course, read the last couple pages when Tony says it is already available.

Or, you could be very lazy, and rely on others to provide you the information, and be satisfied with what they give you.

The choice is yours.

Mine is already in the FedEx system.

Dave
Thanks for answering my question...jerk...I started reading this thread when it first started WAAAY back when...people were getting frustrated with the apparent "wait" period and all the "hype" that they just stopped reading, so I just decided to check on it now...sorry for not reading this damn thread everyday...Thanks anyways though smart@ss....

Old 11-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I ordered it and installed it this past weekend. I don't have much driving time with the MREV but so far I'm really liking it. Tony was very response with communication and very fast shipping. The car feels smoother and stronger. As someone else said, it feels as though it got a really good tune up. I'll post up later after I've had time to explore the results. THANK YOU MOTORDYNE!

Last edited by yamashirod; 11-15-2005 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes, typos
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by G-ThreeFizzle
Thanks for answering my question...jerk...I started reading this thread when it first started WAAAY back when...people were getting frustrated with the apparent "wait" period and all the "hype" that they just stopped reading, so I just decided to check on it now...sorry for not reading this damn thread everyday...Thanks anyways though smart@ss....

Me, I'd rather be a smart-*** than a lazy-*** any day of the week.

You, apparently prefer it the other way.

Have a nice day.

Dave

Old 11-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by VQdriver
daveB weren't you an OG maxima.orger? i've noticed you and russ frequent here now.
Nope. Never. Wrong guy. Impossible That "DaveB" don't know nothing about anything. BTW, never put my name with Russ' in the same sentence or I'll smack you around OG-style

Old 11-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I placed my order last night!!!

I thought about it for a while. Then, I payed attention to my driving style. I get on it alot, but rarely am I bangin' 7000 rpm shifts. Most of the time, I'm just tearing it up to get to 40 or 50 mph......in town driving.

I think the MREV will suit me well.
Yes, it will definitely satisfy your "in town driving." Wait till you need that extra for passing on the freeways.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When can i see a picture of this thing?

Old 11-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Premier Member

Picture

Installed and completed (my engine)

Parts

REV vs 03-04. REV with oil in it.

I have more pictures if you need some of certain things. Once Tony tells me, I can post the full website I made with full details on this mod.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I take it the black thing is the iso thermal spacer? I kind of assumed it came with it, but don't know for sure. Of course, I'll find out when it gets to my door, but thats in a couple days, and I want to know NOW!

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering