Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Catchin' Oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Right on! 2 to 3 degress more timing is what Im talking about.
37000 members here, and Im stupid. A breath of freah air!!
You're not stupid.......just old and senile like me.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Brando
LOL . . . That makes the 3 of us.

Hey Brando, Happy Birthday! . . . You and I have the same B-days.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
Russ,

You must be living good. Man, I have driven exactly 144 miles since the install. Perhaps, I may have driven my car a bit harder than you have . . . But I have collected a bunch of oil at the bottom of the bowl. It should not make that much of a difference should it?

Old 05-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I have have taken my car up to redline 1-2-3 gears about 5-6 times this tank so far with 280 miles on this tank. The rest of the driving is me just cruising around town.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
I was actually planning on putting an oil catch can in my car for quite a while now and I was wondering if one of these ebay universal oil catch cans would do the job? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-C...61648175QQrdZ1

Old 05-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah, i was looking at that same auction, yesterday. It's cheap enough to try out. You'd better find out from the seller what the inlet and outlet sizes of those units are. You are looking for either 3/8" I.D or its 9.5mm equivalent. When surfing for oil catch cans, I noticed that most places offer either a 9mm or 15mm sizing.

Old 05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Genesis
I was actually planning on putting an oil catch can in my car for quite a while now and I was wondering if one of these ebay universal oil catch cans would do the job? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OIL-C...61648175QQrdZ1
I love some of those ebay sales...
$9 item
$15 shipping .....LOL

Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I love some of those ebay sales...
$9 item
$15 shipping .....LOL
LOL, it's the same for most ebay items, that's where their profit comes from
I remember buying the whole complete limited edition Lord of the Rings with 15 discs (5 disc per movie) and they charged me only $10 for Buy it Now and $50 for shipping. It's still worth it though.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Florida G35 Club
More to come

Guys here is the missing piece to the puzzle here.
This setup works when the factory system stops at WOT.
This setup is used at WOT (wide open throttle) and pulls a vacuum from your exhaust system. What it does is, keeps a negative pressure in the crank case and helps oil control on the rings by not having the oil push by the rings. Plus any oil in this setup does not show up in your combustion chamber. There are so many benefits to this setup, well " Trust me I'm planning a big change on dyno numbers. I have this setup right now waiting to be installed.
Careful planning on install will be very important. Tony will come up with a very detailed setup. Andy, DaveO thanks for taken the first step a bit further. The setup DaveO & Andy, Russ have installed should be installed as a permenante fixture. As far as catch cans are concerned. Save your money! This will be a complete setup for oil control and PVC.
Now if I can find some time and get this installed, we all will win. Just a little side note.
I bet Over 15 hp at 6300 rpms.with some timing advance in the rev up engine and close to the same on the others.
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=13023

Attached Thumbnails Catchin' Oil-m-ex-g35.jpg  
Old 05-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Premier Member

As always Gee, you are the man! Can't wait for your DIY install of this. How do you hook these guys up?

This setup is used at WOT (wide open throttle) and pulls a vacuum from your exhaust system. What it does is, keeps a negative pressure in the crank case and helps oil control on the rings by not having the oil push by the rings. Plus any oil in this setup does not show up in your combustion chamber. There are so many benefits to this setup, well " Trust me I'm planning a big change on dyno numbers. I have this setup right now waiting to be installed.
Careful planning on install will be very important. Tony will come up with a very detailed setup. Andy, DaveO thanks for taken the first step a bit further. The setup DaveO & Andy, Russ have installed should be installed as a permenante fixture. As far as catch cans are concerned. Save your money! This will be a complete setup for oil control and PVC.
Now if I can find some time and get this installed, we all will win. Just a little side note.
I bet Over 15 hp at 6300 rpms.with some timing advance in the rev up engine and close to the same on the others.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Brando
Ok , so now I know what the problem is. Thanks, sorry I forgot your name.

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 05-05-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
those catch cans suck!
i tried 1 about 2 months ago, i wouldnt seal & i could hear the sucking sound of vaccuum, no baffle either.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Don't blame the sellers. That's the best way to reduce ebay's rising commission fees.

Originally Posted by Dark Genesis
LOL, it's the same for most ebay items, that's where their profit comes from
I remember buying the whole complete limited edition Lord of the Rings with 15 discs (5 disc per movie) and they charged me only $10 for Buy it Now and $50 for shipping. It's still worth it though.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Once again, Dennis . . . You have my attention, as usual.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 PM
OK, a vacuum sump system. Now this is a proven HP adder. Interesting.

Keep an eye on your oil level and make sure you can hide it or remove it for smog checks.

Curt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Catchin' Oil