Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

Lighten your G with a Z1 1pc Aluminum Driveshaft, Crank pulley and Idler Delete!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Banned
Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Exclamation Crank pulley and Idler Delete!!!

Z1 350Z/G35 VQ35 Lightweight Crank Pulley

Z1 Motorsports 350Z/G35 Lighweight Aluminum Crank Pulley for all VQ35DE equipped models.

Machined from 6061 Aluminum, the Z1 Motorsports 350Z/G35 Lightweight Crank Pulley is a great, economical weight to free up some extra horsepower from you VQ35DE power plant. Designed to take the abuse of the track and the street, the Z1 Motorsports Lightweight Crank Pulley address many of the issues that plague other crank pulley's on the market.

Such items that have been specifically targeted and corrected over other....similar....aluminum crank pulley's on the market:

Designed to meet SAE specifications regarding the overall machining of the Belt Grooves.
Weight Reduction: 2.00 lbs vs. 6.25 lbs stock.
Designed NOT to crack or fail - Many Aftermarket Aluminum VQ pulleys crack or can fail around the pulley face as a direct result of the extreme measures manufacturers take to save weight.
Large, easy to read machined Timing Marks
Increased belt shoulder height - To help prevent belts from jumping or misalignment.
0% Underdriven to prevent any issues with the factory Air Conditioning, Alternator or Power Steering.
Retains the usage of OEM Belts - No need to worry about trying to remember or find out what special belt you need for you car!
Available in either a Machined Silver or Black Anodized Finishes - Your choice at no extra charge!
Reasonably priced - When compared to other Lightweight Aluminum Crank Pulley's on the market and/or an OEM Factory replacement pulley.
Increased Throttle response - A direct result of removing excess rotational weight from the crankshaft/driveline.

Please be sure to select the appropriate finish below. You may also choose to add a NEW set of OEM Nissan Belts at a special discounted package price as well. Be sure to select the appropriate year from the options. Check the production date for '06 models as Nissan eliminated the idler pulley on models with a production date of August or later. When selecting belts you may now choose to add the FREE OEM Idler Pulley Eliminating Spacer and the appropriate belt.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=5494 $138

Nissan OEM Idler Pulley Elimination Kit

This is the OEM Spacer and Shorter OEM Belt Nissan used to eliminate the idler pulley from the later (August 2006+) model VQ35DE Engines. The Spacer is placed in between the engine and the power steering mounting bracket in the space the idler pulley bracket would be normally.

By eliminating the idler pulley you remove almost 1lb of rotating mass from the engine and eliminate a wearing part that will eventually fail anyway. The idler pulley and bracket together weigh almost 3lbs.

This kit comes with ONE Nissan alternator belt and ONE idler spacer.

Choose to add this as a FREE Option to the Z1 350Z / G35 VQ35 Lightweight Crank Pulley.

Belt Route with Idler Pulley

Belt Route after Pulley Delete

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=5640 $22

We also offer several other brands of lightweight pulleys.

Unorthodox Racing Ultra SS Lightened Underdrive Crank Pulley

Unorthodox Racing aluminum crank pulleys on average can provide gains of 5 to 14 HP and 4 to 12 lbs.-ft. on normally aspirated engines and 8 to 18 HP and 8 to 14 lbs.-ft. on forced induction engines. Higher gains are possible. For example, a Nissan 300ZX twin-turbo saw gains as high as 37 HP and 45 lbs-ft. on the dyno just by replacing the stock crank pulley with the Ultra S series lightened underdrive crank pulley.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=2011 $178

AMS VQ35DE Lightweight Pulley Set

Aircraft Aluminum Construction – ISO 9001 Standards
Stock Sized Main Pulley (No Under-Drive Related Issues)
Stock Size maintains OE water pump speed and OE alternator output!
Fully Balanced
Metal Sleeve on Main Crank Pulley for a positive seal – no leaking main seal!
Realize up to 11 Hp and 6 foot pounds of torque
Power and Torque gains throughout the power-band!
Total weight of kit is 2.5 lbs vs. 7.6 lbs stock!
Main Crank Weight is 1.84 Ibs vs. 4.46 lbs stock!
Anodized Black for an ultimate protective finish!
AMS Laser Etched Logos
Includes Crankshaft Pulley, Alternator Pulley, and Idler Pulley

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=2648 $225

AMS Lightweight Crankshaft Pulley (VQ35DE)

AMS lightweight aluminum pulleys are stock diameter to maintain accessory speed and allow for use of OEM sized belts. These pulleys are a weight saving upgrade and are great replacements for worn or damaged stock pulleys.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=4000 $98

AMS '07+ 350Z Lightweight Crank Pulley (VQ35HR)

AMS Lightweight Crank Pulley for the '08+ 350Z with the VQ35HR engines.

This pulley replaces the heavier stock crank pulley (4.7 lbs) with a lighter machined aluminum piece (1.45 lbs), which is nearly a 70% weight reduction.

Since this Crank pulley is not underdriven like others, you will not experience any issues with your charging or cooling systems during daily driving. In addition, by not being underdriven you may also use a OEM size drive belt.

http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=3836 $190

We also offer OEM Belts for all the pulleys we sell (Note* the ALT/PS belt is included with our Idler Delete)

Our belt selection can be found HERE

[/B][/SIZE]

All prices are +Shipping and tax if applicable

www.facebook.com/Z1Motorsports

Last edited by Z1Motorsports; 08-09-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
subscribed*

Old 05-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
sub'd

Old 05-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had the idler delete as well as the Z1 lightweight crank pulley installed by the guys at Z1. I felt a bit of difference on takeoff. If you're a DIY kinda guy might as well put these two on the next time you change belts or want just a little bit more out of your G.

I'm going to be placing my order for the drive shaft in the next week or two.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Received 217 Likes on 146 Posts
Intro price or group buy on driveshafts?

Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
Here is my review of the Z1 DS.

Car rides smoother

Shifts harder at WOT

Feel more lowend torque (shown on dyno sheet)

Well I have the DS installed for over a week and in that last week

16 dyno pulls (tuning)

over 1k miles

over 20 track runs

After all this abuse still no vibrations or anything abnormal from the DS.

Here is my track times before the DS my 60ft times were consistent 2.1-2.05 after DS 2.05-1.9

White is before the DS ( with a tune for my new headers from RT) yellow is after the DS.

Name:  DDW_2247.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  141.6 KB

Last night I didn't have one 60ft over 2.1. I was even asked if I was boosted by a guy in a modded MS3 due to being alot faster than the 350z's running. I raced a modded rev-up on DRs and out 60 footed him. I ran 13.4 to his 14.6.

The DS netted me 1-2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

Name:  DSCN0231.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  131.5 KB
Name:  DSCN0228.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  275.4 KB
Name:  DSCN0226.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  241.5 KB

Dyno before DS at RT Tuning for my new long tube headers vs my old ones
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  145.0 KB

Dyno at Hills garage using the above tune after DS install. I know that these are 2 different type of dynos (dynojet vs dynodyanamics) Look at the lowend between the two. Hill's dyno reads 5-10hp higher than RT tuning or vice versa.
Name:  DDW_2243.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  133.0 KB

The following 3 users liked this post by Dsskyline:
CandlestickPark (06-13-2012), KnowScott (05-12-2012), Z1Motorsports (05-13-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by KnowScott
I had the idler delete as well as the Z1 lightweight crank pulley installed by the guys at Z1. I felt a bit of difference on takeoff. If you're a DIY kinda guy might as well put these two on the next time you change belts or want just a little bit more out of your G.

I'm going to be placing my order for the drive shaft in the next week or two.
Thanks Scott!

Originally Posted by ME DUSA
Intro price or group buy on driveshafts?
Unfortunately not, these have been out for a little while now. Just getting around to listing them on the forums, and already very competitively priced.

Originally Posted by Dsskyline
Here is my review of the Z1 DS.

Car rides smoother

Shifts harder at WOT

Feel more lowend torque (shown on dyno sheet)

Well I have the DS installed for over a week and in that last week

16 dyno pulls (tuning)

over 1k miles

over 20 track runs

After all this abuse still no vibrations or anything abnormal from the DS.

Here is my track times before the DS my 60ft times were consistent 2.1-2.05 after DS 2.05-1.9

White is before the DS ( with a tune for my new headers from RT) yellow is after the DS.

Last night I didn't have one 60ft over 2.1. I was even asked if I was boosted by a guy in a modded MS3 due to being alot faster than the 350z's running. I raced a modded rev-up on DRs and out 60 footed him. I ran 13.4 to his 14.6.

The DS netted me 1-2 tenths in the 1/4 mile.

Dyno at Hills garage using the above tune after DS install. I know that these are 2 different type of dynos (dynojet vs dynodyanamics) Look at the lowend between the two. Hill's dyno reads 5-10hp higher than RT tuning or vice versa.
Thank you!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned
Bump!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How hard is install on the drive shaft ?

Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Just installed my driveshaft over the weekend and its not hard at all. just drop you exhaust and braces and it bolts right up. thanks again Z1 for the fast shipping!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by kristinavq
How hard is install on the drive shaft ?
Very simple to install, some exhausts require removing the mid section. Other than that, 4x 17mm bolts on the differential flange, and 2 14mm bolts that hold the carrier bearing.

Originally Posted by viceversa
Just installed my driveshaft over the weekend and its not hard at all. just drop you exhaust and braces and it bolts right up. thanks again Z1 for the fast shipping!
Thank you! Be sure to give us some feedback in this thread after a few weeks!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
will do! did a new clutch/flywheel install at same time so haven't had a chance to really get on it yet while i break in the new clutch. So far though the car feels a lot lighter...only downside is the chatter created from the lightweight flywheel seems to resonate down the drive shaft making a weird metal churning sound but I guess that is to be expected.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Banned
Bump!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
my z1 ds is scheduled for installation this saturday

Old 05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mpugeda
my z1 ds is scheduled for installation this saturday
Great! Thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lighten your G with a Z1 1pc Aluminum Driveshaft, Crank pulley and Idler Delete!!!