FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2003 | 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Wait and see - if they get the word they may change production standard or process

Old 07-16-2003 | 11:31 AM

GG:

I didn't notice anything else except smoother acceleration and engine more responsive. I also think the light is a little brighter. I was hoping to get more mpg.

Old 07-16-2003 | 02:16 PM
|
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cato:

I have the kit developed for the 2002/2003 Max / Altima / I35. Sorry, I'm not an expert on model year changes. Is the 2000 Max the same? PM me and we can work out measurements. etc.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 07-16-2003 | 11:11 PM

Here's the pic of my grounding kit installed on the Altima

David

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by wooish on 07/16/03 08:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-16-2003 | 11:35 PM
|
Administrator

Wooish:

You should move both sets of factory ground wires that attach to the top of the cam housing (pt. #2) to the same as the bolt holding the Hyper-Ground wires. It makes sense to ensure that all factory components fed by the ground signal are benefitted by the Hyper-Grounds.

<font color=blue>For those of you that have installed my G35 kit, please connect both sets of factory ground wires at the front of the engine to the same point connecting the Hyper-Ground wires. Thanks to slinkyboi5 for identifying the components grounded by these wires. I believe that you may notice some further changes in your engine response once you do this. Please post your impessions if you do. I did this and have also added an 8th wire to my G, so I'm not sure which is responsible for the changes I notice!

Old 07-17-2003 | 08:44 AM

Gord ... I tried two ways.
1) Both factory grounds and all of your ground wires on one point.
2) I tried it with the factory grounds at their separate stock points with 2 of your ground wires on each.

The two methods above both are an improvement over all your wires on one point and the factory grounds on their stock separate points.

The improvement I noted from this improved arrangement is smoother shifting and a smoother start (which makes sense, since the ignition coil is one of the grounds affected). Did you see these two specific things?

Old 07-17-2003 | 01:37 PM
|
Administrator

slinkyboi5:

So, to clarify, the arrangement you found the best was with both sets of factory ground wires connected to the Hyper-Ground cluster (all wires to the same point)? I'm going to reserve my observations until others try it and provide feedback.

Old 07-17-2003 | 02:05 PM

I found that methods 1 and 2 (from previous post) were both about the same improvement over leaving one of the factory grounds by itself.

Old 07-17-2003 | 02:21 PM

This is getting confusing!

If you use method one which is 1) Both factory grounds and all of your ground wires on one point, which is what Gord has been suggesting. Then you can't use method 2. You can only use 1 of 2 methods, right? If this is correct, when you suggest that two methods (perhaps using together) is an improvement over method 1? I don't get...

Can you take some pictures? I'm going to receive my wires from z-xtreme today and will install tonight.

Old 07-17-2003 | 02:23 PM

I'm sorry to confuse, what I'm saying is that I tried it with both those methods. You CAN'T do them at the same time. I tried method 1, went for a 10 mile drive. Switched to method 2, went for the same 10 mile drive, etc.

Old 07-17-2003 | 05:53 PM
|
Administrator

I think the easiest and what makes the most sense to me is what I've already posted. All wires to one point, thereby ensuring a continuous Hyper-Ground path to the majority of vehicle electrical components.

Old 07-18-2003 | 11:55 AM

Well, yesterday I went and reconnected the front ground wires. I tried it first the 2:2 way, except I have the 5 wire kit and there's only 3 wires going to the front engine so it's 1:2.

I noticed a difference not in starting up but just driving around - overall engine smoothness.

I guess I'll try moving them all to one point later today or this weekend and see if that makes any further improvment.

Old 07-18-2003 | 03:00 PM

Hi Gord,
How about adding this thread to the DIY section with pics of the install and what hardware is required? I was thinking if u edited it in that section, there would be no redundancy when
looking for info. There is so much stuff in this thread, I find it
hard to go back and forth. I think the members would really
appreciate this, I know I would. Thanks for all the info.

Brooch

My G is absolutely "Mavelus"!

Old 07-18-2003 | 04:01 PM
|
Administrator

Sure, good idea, I'll do it when I get the chance. I'm keeping this thread as is for feedback as well, which I feel is valuable. I'd like everyone will continue to contribute feedback here regardless of where they source their Earthing Kits and am especially interested in how these things perform on non-G35s.

Old 07-20-2003 | 09:26 PM

Much ado about nothing...go buy some amp power cable and do this yourself for like $20.

I doubt you even need to upgrade your stock system unless you have some massive stereo upgrade. You won't make power with this mod unless you have such a crappy stock ground you're losing power.

Dan Parmelee
2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan
1999 Acura Integra GS-R coupe
2001 Infiniti I30t

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread