Vortech FGC Special Pricing (not a Group Buy) :wink:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm expecting gauges in the mail today!

Old 08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice, what happens in 5 days? is that when our kits arrive at CP Racing?

Old 08-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by escobar929
nice, what happens in 5 days? is that when our kits arrive at CP Racing?
I am hoping (without overnighting) that my kit will be here from Vortech. I was told that it would have been shipped out last week, hopefully people aren't yanking my chain here.

AutoSport Harness today, Oil Pan Spacer on tomorrow, Gauges should be here wednesday or thursday (maybe I can install early), picked up a slew of tools along with the 3/8 NPT tap this weekend from Harbor Freight, gauge pod dropped off to the interior shop, should be getting gates belt and spark plugs from the vendor wed/thurs, have to go grab some oil and break cleaner and I will be getting the car up on jack-stands and removing the bumper and grill one day this week (as well as taking the engine cover, intake piping and splash guards off). *keeping fingers crossed*

Old 08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
best of luck man, keep us posted on the progress

Old 08-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by escobar929
best of luck man, keep us posted on the progress
Of course. Like I said, I know there are people out there like me that could use someone to create a nice write up with decent pictures of some of the install steps that are important. Even if you aren't going to install the kit yourself, you will at least have a better knowledge of what is going on under your hood.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neffster
You're really starting to bug me Finiti... In all fairness, who are you to talk about financially smart decisions? I could EASILY sit here and nit pick about the decisions others have made regarding the purchase of your G and the timing around it like employment status, etc. but I haven't! Also, for me it IS a financially smart decision. I get the M3 performance I initially wanted at a drastically reduced cost. Even if I have a $12K repair bill it is still a wash (the M3 I wanted would have been $65K out the door, the G was $40K and the S/C and all the NA toys, wheels included, are ~$13K) . I could pay off the G and the S/C tomorrow with my savings alone. I could also pay off MOST of my house at the same time, but then I'd have to start all over with my retirement savings, college funds, etc... Please get off of the "financially smart decision" stuff it's getting really old. (edit- and as you can tell I'm taking it personally since you seem to be quoting my posts)

Also, I'm going to go to the local BMW forums and see if I can get an E46 M3 to go to the track with me just so that I can race it (just to prove to you how fast the Vortech S/C'd G really is).
My friend I'm sorry if you thought it was a personal attack at you.. far from. I was just speaking from a personal standpoint, and every 'you' in my post reads 'one'. I don't blame you for not buying a new M3, I wouldn't myself. To make it a little more clear, yes in 12 years from now when I'm your age and have everything else in my life taken care of, house, kids, 401k, IRA, college funds and the whole 9, I sure hope I deserve to spend 15 grand on my car, on a trip around the world, just on anything. But not everyone on here is where you are. About a car being a financially smart decision - I know someone who racked up $10k in cc debt, and another 10k worth of college loans, all because he's dumped 20 grand into his lexus. Kinda silly to look at somebody living at home who puts their car first before blatantly more important things. That's exactly what I'm not doing. Hence my words "Maybe like Jason said I might do it after I'm out of warranty, or put the money towards my next car." Nothing personal against you Todd, rest assured

Old 08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Well, I've come to find out that we already have an oil cooler in our cars... good thing I didn't go off and buy another one. http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134600
that thread also said, "IMO unless you are a serious racing machine (when your power numbers are well over 400 WHP) then something like a additional oil cooler is just for the bling." You will make over 400whp with this kit...also, some commented that they didn't feel the BUILT-IN oil cooler was efficient enough for FI...your call.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't think I'll be making "well over 400rwhp" with this kit (especially right away)! I'm going for a safe/conservative tune with a goal of 370rwhp at first. In another year or two, if all goes well, maybe I'll bump things up a bit but in the meantime I'll stay about 50rwhp under the "well over 400rwhp" amount.

What oil cooler are you running Randy? Did you have a problem with the install?

Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
[QUOTE=neffster]
Also, I'm going to go to the local BMW forums and see if I can get an E46 M3 to go to the track with me just so that I can race it (just to prove to you how fast the Vortech S/C'd G really is). QUOTE]

Hey Todd, you are going to need a GOOD driver to get a nice time out of your soon to be "new beast". Give me a call and let me know when you need me Just bring a bottle of water and we will call it even.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Think you got it wrong there buddie. People will be paying to drive my G like they pay to go to Disney World!

Space Mountain's got nothing on the neffster!

Old 08-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Think you got it wrong there buddie. People will be paying to drive my G like they pay to go to Disney World!

Space Mountain's got nothing on the neffster!
I'll start the bidding at $1 for a 5 minute drive...

Old 08-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
Hey Todd, you are going to need a GOOD driver to get a nice time out of your soon to be "new beast". Give me a call and let me know when you need me Just bring a bottle of water and we will call it even.
Ryan is that clutch I smell?

Old 08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by G35Sean
Ryan is that clutch I smell?
Bring it Mr. 220something whp!

Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by 98intrigue AKA burnt clutch
Bring it Mr. 220something whp!
I remember looking in my rearview mirror a few times at the track and seeing you trying to catch me.

Last edited by Gumba35; 08-01-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
wow things are getting heated

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech FGC Special Pricing (not a Group Buy) :wink: