Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

1 of 1 FMIC fascia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by narkotic
Nice design... now it'll be copied and you will feel how Top Secret feels about it... $hitty..
that's the nature of the car industry, you can only pioneer so much until people copy the sh*t out of it. kinda takes some of the flavor away.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
I would think a fair price on something like this would be around $800, and that INCLUDES painting.
Hi Kevin,

Just an FYI... There isn't a whole lot of value in painting the bumper as there is too much risk that it won't "exactly" match each individuals paint. Love the bumper by the way!

Dave

P.S. - I don't need one. Just making a note of that.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:19 PM
More pics painted!

Old 08-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
....that's badass, make me one and i'll give you my top secret bumper.... maybe..hmm.... still cool as hell... good job man!

Old 08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
So you can keep the stock grill, it only costs ~$600 plus the price of a new/used bumper? If that's the case I like this one BETTER than the Top Secret!

Kevin, we need to talk bro.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Wow thats exactly what I want that looks great.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm interested as well... I guess I could just buy a used stock bumper to use for a core (my fiberglass Nismo probably wouldn't work too well)...

Keep us updated on the price/interest of bodyman/etc...

Old 09-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Kevin, we still need to talk. BTW "dibbs" on the first shot at this bumper. TS quoted me $850 + $150 shipping + painting. That's just too much...

Old 09-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I should be able to post new pics tonight when I get back to Dayton from Chicago. I haven't heard if its done, but I am assuming it is, since he told me it would be done last Monday. I can't wait to see it!

Old 09-02-2005, 11:14 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
I should be able to post new pics tonight when I get back to Dayton from Chicago. I haven't heard if its done, but I am assuming it is, since he told me it would be done last Monday. I can't wait to see it!
Neither can we!

Old 09-02-2005, 07:17 PM
It was more econimical because the body guy is basically a family friend. He rebuilt my Dad's entire '72 Pontiac (body and mechanical) and has done other jobs for my family. He quoted me $350 for the entire thing, but the cost of materials has gone up. I am planning on spending $600 total, including custom molding, priming, and painting.

Oh, and it looks better then the ugly Stillen... I was unable to find an aftermarket fascia that retained the stock lines of the car and that wasn't overly aggressive. From all the fascias I've seen on the market it doesn't even look like the designers ever looked at the car. My #1 concern is an OEM look, so I would have paid $1500 to have something made the way I wanted it.

I don't have any pics with it on the car. When I dropped in last night he was actually working on it and I didn't want to slow him down. I may try to swing over tonight and see if it can be rough mounted just to snap some pics. I hope he got around to painting it today!
Not to dis your bumper, I think it looks great , but WRT
"Oh, and it looks better then the ugly Stillen"
I've seen an install with the Stillen facia and APS TT and it was "far" from ugly. And it costed <$400 pre painted.
As a matter of fact the only comments I heard were very positive.
I don't have pics , but I'll try to get some.
What "is" ugly are the pics on the Stillen webite. The bumper looks far better with the OEM grill ,sans the dumb looking mesh and Stillne hood, as shown.

And BTW the full front bumper member can retained. The install I speak of has an oil cooler added in one duct and a PS cooler added in the second .Both are standard B&M units They look and function great.

The whole arrangement looks very OEM and is far from ugly.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
The Stillen thing is just my oppinion, I know other people like it. I am very particular when it comes to my car and above everything else I want an OEM look. The Stillen front doesn't flow with the body, its just too agressive for my tastes. I think its because of the size of the two outer holes, and how they go down at a 45 degree angle. The car is sharp and smooth, with no visable angles on it.

I would be very interested in seeing pics of the car you mentioned, if you find them PM me them (or post them).

Old 09-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
..I have an OEM bumper laying around and might want to take a stab at this, if it turns out good I'll sell my TS bumper for 600 obo to somebody in FGC... or maybe less since its not in perfect condition. But Mr. K .. can I get some more info on the materials used and how they worked with wielding with the urethane. I've never worked with urethane before, only fiberglass, abs, etc. I'm curious if urethane is as workable as fiberglass. Any tips from the guy who worked on it? Thanks. Looking good, I think I'll start as soon as I see some pictures with it on your car, but so far, so good.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:34 PM
g3po your PM box is full. i need to send you a PM.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Hey g3po, talk to Dracco if you are thinking about getting the Stillen Bumper. He has one and advised me NOT to get it. At first, I too thought it looked good but the quality of his is horrible (clear corners don't fit in properly), it came looking like a POS and needed a lot of work, it hasn't held up well at all, the bumper lines don't match up with the car properly, etc...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 FMIC fascia