Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

1 of 1 FMIC fascia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
an oem lip and some black mesh will set that thing off good luck.. i wanna get some chips from you the window roll up and the sunroof thing

Old 09-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Craftsmanship is Great on that bumper!

Old 09-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tig488
hmm. i got mixed feelings, i do like it and it looks like the quality and design is better than most manufacturers. but im just not sure of the look with the car. great job tho, let me know when and if you get the final details worked out.
The quality is unbeatable, because it is urethane, it won't crack and fall apart like the cheaper fiberglass bumpers. Also, since its based on a genuine OEM fascia the fit is perfect.

Making it look 'right' on the car is hard to do because functionality is important. There HAS to be a large IC opening. Its amazing looking at it in person because you can really see how the IC opening is angled perfectly to the stock valances.

I will be getting wheels hopefully here soon, but, as my main goal is speed they will be 18s. I will try to grab some daytime pics and repost them. I absolutely love it and wouldn't change anything on it. And for the price I personally don't think you can do better with whats on the market now. This bumper will last as long as the car, and with the quality of paint he used I shouldn't have to worry about rock chips and the other stuff that had ruined my original bumper.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Banned
Oh, and Dan, I got the shift light installed last night (after burning up three LEDs). I found a small bug and reprogrammed it this morning and everything seems to be working fine! I'll send some out for you, Neffster, and Gman this week!

Old 09-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned
I just added three more pics that I just snapped a minute ago. Unfortunately, my car was parked under a tree, so they didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to. I have to leave for my birthday dinner with the family so I can't take anymore today. Hopefully on Monday I'll be able to get some good, middle of the day pictures.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
the bumper looks good, but it looks a little too agressive for the car that it's on.It would look great on a car dropped on 19's, with a large aftermarket lip to make it appear lower (Gialla,Ings,Burnout)
Sounds like you need to send the bumper to me Kevin.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Never enough
Put a lip on that thing and your good to go!

Old 09-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Not feeling the installed pictures... I think it's due to how thin it looks on the top portion... Good work though! Certainly noone else will have it.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by narkotic
Not feeling the installed pictures... I think it's due to how thin it looks on the top portion... Good work though! Certainly noone else will have it.

yeah i agree.. if the top portion was a little thicker, i think it'll look even better.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned
The top portion can't be any bigger. If it were thicker it would cut down on airflow, and lose functionality. I was going to take some more day time pics today but I took the car out of town and its disgustingly dirty, and I am too busy today to wash it

Old 09-06-2005, 12:30 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by KPierson
The top portion can't be any bigger. If it were thicker it would cut down on airflow, and lose functionality. I was going to take some more day time pics today but I took the car out of town and its disgustingly dirty, and I am too busy today to wash it
So, when can I send you mine and how much?

Old 09-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned
He is going to do my other one next (I have two front fascias) and then we'll set prices, shipping, and all that other stuff. It doesn't look like we are going to do very many of them, maybe 4-5 or so, as his main source of income is frame off restorations which keep him really busy.

The most important aspect of this is shipping. If I remember right shipping on my 2nd fascia was fairly costly, but I'll have to double check and see for sure. What has everyone else been paying for shipping?

Old 09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
He is going to do my other one next (I have two front fascias) and then we'll set prices, shipping, and all that other stuff. It doesn't look like we are going to do very many of them, maybe 4-5 or so, as his main source of income is frame off restorations which keep him really busy.

The most important aspect of this is shipping. If I remember right shipping on my 2nd fascia was fairly costly, but I'll have to double check and see for sure. What has everyone else been paying for shipping?
You can get them shipped for $100...I wouldn't need mine painted since it's going on my car just before a color change...let me know...PM me if need be.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned
Thats what I think I paid, I believe the guy that shipped it though said it was more then that.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Thats what I think I paid, I believe the guy that shipped it though said it was more then that.
Well, keep me posted. I'll be looking for total cost of owership that includes what you need from me.

Will I send you my core, or do I keep it? $100+ plus both ways?
Cost of conversion, less painting?
ETC?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 FMIC fascia