Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vat_U_tink
I got an 05 G35. I got 20"HRE's on em. I got KW V# Coilovers. Im riding on Bridgestone S03. Ive been reading this forum for over 6 months now. Im finally ready to drop 20G's onto this project. I just wanna see who is the best people to take the car too.
1. What area are you in?

2. Socal has many GTG's and talking to members like Tinman will help you in the long run.

3. You don't want to just drop 20k in your, you should research and decide what are your goals.

This is just a start, there are 5 turbo kits for the G and they are all a little different, not to mention you must hand pick a shop you feel comfortable with to build your engine.

Here are some great people you might want to talk to: Steve, Tom, Gurgen, Clint, Tony (350), Sharif, Eric (Street Image).

Old 09-28-2005, 03:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im located in Toronto, Canada. After listening to these. I do belive i have to do more research on this subject. Thanks for the advise guys .

Thanks for letting me im still a noobie. I guess people just have to be reminded sometimes

Old 09-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roneski
From what I understand all of "their" cars were actually built by other tuners. There was a huge thread over at My350z.com about it but I think it got deleted. I'd probably avoid them.

Just my $.02.
And from what I understand, You either don't know how to read, you were badly misinformed, or you just don't know any better! NONE of the VRT cars were built by anyone else other than VRT, period! As for the rest of the mud slinging, HUH, VRT will just let the cars and their overall performance speak for themselves.

"Do not speak unless you know of what you speak of"

Interesting reading.....http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142365

Old 09-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TINMAN
Talk to Tim at www.speedforceracing.com he built VRT's first 500+hp car.but before you do anything i suggest you spend more time reading in this forum
Not entirely true, There is alot more to a VRT car than just a turbo and a motor build. Whatever, here is the facts!!

Read this again....http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142365

Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by wa2good
And from what I understand, You either don't know how to read, you were badly misinformed, or you just don't know any better! NONE of the VRT cars were built by anyone else other than VRT, period! As for the rest of the mud slinging, HUH, VRT will just let the cars and their overall performance speak for themselves.

"Do not speak unless you know of what you speak of"

Interesting reading.....http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142365
Yeah, I don't know how to read... that must be it.

Well you guys talk a lot of ****, that's obvious. But hey if you're legit more power to ya. The world needs more good tuner shops. Maybe I'll check out what you have going the next time you're out to SMMP for Racer Factory.

BTW, fire whoever edited your video. Or at least get him a dictionary and have him look up how to spell coupe.

Last edited by roneski; 09-28-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
I would go with a shop that has been around longer and is more established than VRT. They're gorilla marketing campaign is really backfiring. I would never take my G to an unproven shop with so much hostility.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Not entirely true.
what part of my post that is not true?
There is alot more to a VRT car than just a turbo and a motor build.
what more? slap on wheels,brake and suspension?
now let go over that thread
btw,i did read that post the first day when Micheal posted it.and what does it said?
A year ago, this Z started to be built by Speed Force Racing
finally some true coming out of you guys.only after the world knows?
VRT personally hired Tim Richards, who is awesome BTW, to design the kit for a Z.
he has me laughing on this one.the kit was design and install on the Gs before 1st one was for Joe from NY,2nd one was for Kamal here in this forum.your was the 1st Z with built motor.same damn kit different piping.
The Z made great power on the Dyno, did car shows, track days,
another true
and work fine until the piston squirter broke due to the engine build and the motor ceased because the squirter wedged between rod #2 and the cylinder wall at normal start-up and not under any stress.
he's a hardcore track racer and with the car being modified,don't expect everything works fine for a long time.
In the event, we decided to abondon the kit to be our chosen source of power
a only choice IMO because after you screwed up with Tim,can't come back to him.
and adopted a new relationship with world renowned JWT, Jim Wolf Technologies.
this is sound about right.just don't bring up "partnership" or "prototype"
If you do purchase the kit from us direct, we would encourage you to contact Tim at SFR to install the kit. They are the best qualified for the job because it is their kit. Tim is great to work with and is an awesome tuner.
another true,another point for you guys

ps: remember the otherday you told me to ask Tim about VRT? well,i did and the PM that he sent me is NOT something VRT want to see on public forums.trust me on this.
and one last thing.you did not answer my question,how much sponsorship did Micheal gave you?

Old 09-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TINMAN
what part of my post that is not true?

what more? slap on wheels,brake and suspension?
now let go over that thread
btw,i did read that post the first day when Micheal posted it.and what does it said?

finally some true coming out of you guys.only after the world knows?

he has me laughing on this one.the kit was design and install on the Gs before 1st one was for Joe from NY,2nd one was for Kamal here in this forum.your was the 1st Z with built motor.same damn kit different piping.

another true

he's a hardcore track racer and with the car being modified,don't expect everything works fine for a long time.

a only choice IMO because after you screwed up with Tim,can't come back to him.

this is sound about right.just don't bring up "partnership" or "prototype"

another true,another point for you guys

ps: remember the otherday you told me to ask Tim about VRT? well,i did and the PM that he sent me is NOT something VRT want to see on public forums.trust me on this.
and one last thing.you did not answer my question,how much sponsorship did Micheal gave you?

LOL! OWNED!

Old 09-28-2005, 11:37 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
What? Did I miss something? Did SFR not do Tinman's car? Randy's 3 little question marks has filled me with self doubt.
Wow! Great to see my ??? had such an impact! I was not however implying that SFR did not do Steve's car, cuz I know they certainly DID. My ??? was for the thread itself. It's obviously VRT's way of further SPAMMING our forum with their CRAP.

Last edited by GlenRoseFireFighter; 09-28-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Sshhhh*tttt

This is not what I was tryng to create when i posted this thing on this forum. Im really sorry for what happened. and just so you know no hard feelings from my end. But thanks for making me think twice guys. MUCH APRECIATED

Old 09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
tinman - for guys like me who are also just about ready to drop about $10k into an f/i setup, what was that pm all about? i've followed the vrt scandal for about 15 minutes, until it got boring, and uninformative.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:56 PM
let put it this way.going FI is a giant step,a big decision,so spend sometime to read and research,try to understand then decide yourself.don't do it base on other's recommendations.if you wanting to drop your money to VRT right now then i think you haven't done enough research.i personally won't.that's all i can say.there're handful of good kits and tuners out there.take times do it right.also check in FI forum over my350z.lotta good infos there.good luck

Old 09-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Banned
Yeah, I don't know how to read... that must be it.

Well you guys talk a lot of ****, that's obvious. But hey if you're legit more power to ya. The world needs more good tuner shops. Maybe I'll check out what you have going the next time you're out to SMMP for Racer Factory.

BTW, fire whoever edited your video. Or at least get him a dictionary and have him look up how to spell coupe.
LOL, Thanks. Now that, you are right about (video editing and the legit tuner part). I guess we can't do EVERYTHING perfect LOL, j/k. Yes by all means it would be great to see you, or anyone for that matter at the tracks. The world does needs more QUALITY tuners. We are proud of our work and it shows. We have nothing to hide and we stand by our word.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology