Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Vision619
Do you mean hostility or defense? Seems there's allot of people on these boards with allot to say about allot they know nothing about?

You have any questions I can answer for you?
Yes, Mr. Tuner.......what exactly is a (your words) "load-bearing dyno?"

Are you referring to a load-based dyno?

Your $.10 explanation of your tuning methods (disconnecting the knock sensor and running up the timing until happy) on My350Z left me wanting........for someone who has an idea about how to tune a car.

You indicated you used a Dynojet for "baseline" numbers, but tune on a Dynapack. Why waste your customer's money? You can't compare the two numbers. Apples and oranges.

Using the correct words helps quite a bit when saying how badass you are too

Old 09-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike i will stop mention about VRT and you stop mention about Tinman OK? ok

Old 09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Geez. How can you take a company that starts off with the word "Violent" seriously? Was this to make your cars look "Hardcore"? Time for a name change my friends.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Geez. How can you take a company that starts off with the word "Violent" seriously? Was this to make your cars look "Hardcore"? Time for a name change my friends.
Haha, yeah I thought the same thing. Violence has a *negative* connotation. Maybe they are biting off our Jersey boys at Bullish.

What other names were on the whiteboard?
Taliban Racing Technology - I mean, blowing up a motor is kind of like blowing up your own people.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The tune that goes into non-built engines is already in the "box" that comes with the kit so we don't "tune" every car that we do. Only the one's we build engines for.

If you want I can ask the "tuner" write an explanation of his methods. I don't understand 95% of it but you might.
I hope to God you aren't the tuner........using the methods described on My350Z on a non-built motor will **GRENADE** the darn thing.

So all non-built cars get an out-of-the box tune. Sounds Super.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I hope to God you aren't the tuner........using the methods described on My350Z on a non-built motor will **GRENADE** the darn thing.

So all non-built cars get an out-of-the box tune. Sounds Super.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same after reading the My350Z post... There is probably one guy at the shop that knows how to tune...right? And he wasn't available to divulge his methods....

Old 09-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah, like the Greddy, Stillen APS kits. ETC...

Yeah we're all lucky I'm not the tuner! LOL
3 Questions:
1. What is the URL of your web site? I can't get it on google...(answered)
2. Do you guys work on *any* car or just certain cars? Are Nissans your area of expertise or are you also happy to work on Honda, Toyota, etc...
3. What is the lowest level of service you guys offer? Do you do everything from oil changes to turbo kits? or do you not do "simple" maintenance unless its race prep? do you do race prep?

Last edited by JohnNJ; 09-30-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Reading these posts all I can think of is that scene from "Harold and Kumar go to white castle" with that EXTREME MIX! I dunno why but I do. I shouldnt get into this whole thing but Steve(Tinman) is a good friend of mine and I know you and he killed it so its all good. SFR has put up numbers to prove their product and so have you guys but honestly bro, its the approach. I have nothing against your company and even messaged you on myspace telling you I wanted to see your car. Be professional with people and people will be professional with you.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not the tuner. I'm not the mechanic. Yes that was my .10 interpretation of what I heard at the shop. We don't chrage our customers for Dyno runs. They are for our pourposes only. The tune that goes into non-built engines is already in the "box" that comes with the kit so we don't "tune" every car that we do. Only the one's we build engines for.

If you want I can ask the "tuner" write an explanation of his methods. I don't understand 95% of it but you might.
So the truth comes out you're not the tuner or the mechanic and yet you argue like you know what your talking about. Not only are you and VRT lame your arguments are weak and pointless. Every single post that you posted was met with questions regarding your shop. All your answers don't make any sense and then you cover it up by saying yes we work with JWT in thier prototype project....BS!!! What a load of crap if you think that people on this board believes any of your BS you better think again. You guys have a very strange way of marketing your shop maybe you should try a different approach. Instead of challenging everyone in the forum about how you and your supercars BS will blow everyones doors away. Yeah real smooth and suave in your approach that will work everytime. Knowing you I shall await your immature and pointless response and get ready for my next laugh of the day. PEACE!

Old 09-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry you feel the way you do Glenn.

Oh, one more question Glenn. Check out the image. Does that JWT and the Logo on the blue hoses look like BS?

Jim has asked us not to talk about his prototype kits until he is ready to release them. We feel honored to be working with him and WILL NOT disrespect his trust no matter how hard you push or $hit talk. Believe me, we can't wait to show all of you how beautiful this thing is and some bad a$$ dyno #'s but it's just not going to happen until we get an ok from Jim & Clark.

I hope you all can respect that.
It's probably not your car just took a picture of somebody else's. Doesn't prove jack so what if it says jwt on the hose doesn't mean it's legit. YAWN!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hows VRT? Violent Racing Technology