Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

All Stillen Supercharger Owners Report Here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
The H2O/Meth kit I got is the coolingmist single stage. I am using my washer tank for it and it has been working so far but I have a problem with the injector with not misting and just pouring into the intake. At least there is no more detonation as of now and I have tried on 113 degree days. For those of you who don't know what it sounds like the best description I have found is tons of tiny metal ***** being poured onto a piece of tin.

The detonation did not have anything to do with my A/F, I am between 11.8 and 10.8 until redline. It is just the high Phoenix temps mixed with that much boost. The pressure and heat is causing pre-ignition.

It made 344whp in 105 degree heat and 321 peak @3900rpm (294ft-lbs @ 2100rpm). I am quite happy with the results; I just need to decide when enough is enough. Since the dyno, I installed Kinetix high-flow cats last weekend and now my boost is down to ~7.7psi (from 8.4) but the car needs the extra flow. I am thinking about getting headers, a UNICHIP and installing the RC440's I have at my house with a custom pulley (to get the lost boost back) and re-tune to see if I can get a little more out of it. But when will enough be enough.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:48 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need to go and dyno again Tim. Rumors are that the Stillen can still make more power with headers and such even with boost drop. Go check it, I know that dyno's are expensive but dang, it sounds like you got the dough for that.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Grocery getter

No but I have the credit card room for it. I figure be happy now and pay for it while you enjoy it.

I am on the wall right now about headers. I think if I can find a good enough deal on a set of Alphawerks I will buy them and try it. I just need to make sure and be able to afford the UNICHIP and tune at the same time since I think having the headers and cats will put me too lean. I wonder if Stillen would be willing to unlock my split second box and tune it for me...

Old 07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From my experiance I would suggest not getting headers with a stillen kit. I installed I,H,E and a stillen stage 2 on a 6 speed coupe and he dyno'd 263 Whp. Needless to say he wasnt happy

Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM
English dude, English
Yeah, but your up in the mountain right??? Doesn't the thin air affect those things???

Old 07-05-2006, 06:46 PM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by ttrank
No but I have the credit card room for it. I figure be happy now and pay for it while you enjoy it.

I am on the wall right now about headers. I think if I can find a good enough deal on a set of Alphawerks I will buy them and try it. I just need to make sure and be able to afford the UNICHIP and tune at the same time since I think having the headers and cats will put me too lean. I wonder if Stillen would be willing to unlock my split second box and tune it for me...

If Stillen isn't willing, I think that you can get the SS Box direct from the company. Call Tuan at GRD in Naperville IL. He should be able to tell you how to get one. The difference between the locked and unlocked versions is that the locked one doesn't have a port on it so that you can get into the box and reprogram it. The unlocked one has a port which you can hook up to a computer and reprogram it.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Grocery getter

Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
From my experiance I would suggest not getting headers with a stillen kit. I installed I,H,E and a stillen stage 2 on a 6 speed coupe and he dyno'd 263 Whp. Needless to say he wasnt happy
That might not be bad at all. Did you dyno the car before all the work by any chance? Also what kind of Dyno was it? I only made 294 here in Phoenix (1100ft) on a Dyno Dynamics with Stage 2 and intake. They can correct the HP/TQ for elevation but they can't get you the boost you loose up there. I go up to Prescott a lot which is about the same elevation as Denver and I loose at least 2.3psi of boost; my car feels way slower. If there was someone up there with a dyno I would see the difference but there isn't yet.

As for the headers the extra flow is going to make me loose some boost and run lean. I need to get a smaller pulley made to get the boost back and box I can tune to get the A/F back into the safe range.

Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
If Stillen isn't willing, I think that you can get the SS Box direct from the company. Call Tuan at GRD in Naperville IL. He should be able to tell you how to get one. The difference between the locked and unlocked versions is that the locked one doesn't have a port on it so that you can get into the box and reprogram it. The unlocked one has a port which you can hook up to a computer and reprogram it.
Yeah, I spoke to the guy here in Phoenix that does the dyno's for UMS Tuning. He can do the split second boxes and wants me to bring him my old one from Stage 2 to see if there is any way he can get into it.

Otherwise depending on the price I would look into getting another SS box but I like the idea of the UNICHIP because I don't like having stock injectors and one RC750; I would rather have all larger injectors and get rid of that 7th. I have always been scared of 1 cylinder going lean if the fuel does not get mixed enough.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
Yeah, but your up in the mountain right??? Doesn't the thin air affect those things???
Yeah it does but mainly you just loose a little boost. He was hitting 5 PSI and only made about 20 more WHP than a stock z

Old 07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
English dude, English
My dyno was at around 294 whp and my boost was also around 5 psi. Something def doesn't sound right, and you might have nailed it, But if we are both running 5 psi then maybe something was off on his car.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:55 PM
^^ Yeah we never really did find out what though. I installed a stage 3 pulley and we havent seen him since.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
English dude, English
So what do you drive denverinfiniti???

Old 07-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm actually a tech at infiniti of denver. I drive a cavalier with WAY to much money in it LOL I know its a cav. but I love it. I was planning on getting a coupe but I have a little girl on the way , so the car is gonna have to wait a little longer

Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Grocery getter

New plan.
My SC is for sale, details to follow next week.

Old 07-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
New plan.
My SC is for sale, details to follow next week.

what?

....twin turbo?

Old 07-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he'll go with JWT TT right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: All Stillen Supercharger Owners Report Here