The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sliq
why dont you just get your oil changed every 2500 miles andrew?
As my Infiniti service records will bear, I have had my engine oil changed at 2,500 mile intervals, since the car was purchased new in May of 2005. Even then, I still am required to top off the oil prior to the formal dealership oil change . . . And as such, that would still not remedy the high rate of consumption. I have been a good sport for quite a time, now. Now, I would like Infiniti/Nissan to step up to the plate and afford me a resolve, which should be given to all consumers.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I agree with your statment........

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
^^^Agree. Wish the NHTSA would make Nissan/Infiniti acknowledge this rather than case-by-case or depending which dealer you go to.
Looks like Infiniti (or dealer) is starting to dick with ppl who even meet their retarded threshold replacement guidelines.
This is what makes me mad that not all rev-up VQ's have this issue. But the ones that do even in moderation, are getting song and danced.

If the NHTSA gets enough complaints filed, they'll investigate and I believe they have the power to TELL Nissan/Infiniti to do a recall on these defective VQ's.
Some ppl have filed (its public record and can be viewed on their web site as well as file a complaint) I have.
Only wish that every person who posted here with this issue would file a complaint. That would finally get the NHTSA's attention.

Nissan/Infiniti not stupid. I doubt they would ever do a volunteer national recall on this. It would tarnish their many years of awards for that generation VQ power plant
They need to be TOLD and held accountable about this issue.

At this point, I'm seriously considering dumping my G, absorb my loss and go with something else that doesn't have major defects as this.
Been living with this issue for almost 2 years and have grown very tired of it. Its delayed my original plans I had for my G, VQ wise.
Everyday the fun factor has decreased along with me loving my G to it being a PITA as well as a POS worrying about my oil level. And I paid how much for this

Sorry for the rant ppl...but I'm about done with Nissan/Infiniti's crap.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
^^^Agree. Wish the NHTSA would make Nissan/Infiniti acknowledge this rather than case-by-case or depending which dealer you go to.
Looks like Infiniti (or dealer) is starting to dick with ppl who even meet their retarded threshold replacement guidelines.
This is what makes me mad that not all rev-up VQ's have this issue. But the ones that do even in moderation, are getting song and danced.

If the NHTSA gets enough complaints filed, they'll investigate and I believe they have the power to TELL Nissan/Infiniti to do a recall on these defective VQ's.
Some ppl have filed (its public record and can be viewed on their web site as well as file a complaint) I have.
Only wish that every person who posted here with this issue would file a complaint. That would finally get the NHTSA's attention.

Nissan/Infiniti not stupid. I doubt they would ever do a volunteer national recall on this. It would tarnish their many years of awards for that generation VQ power plant
They need to be TOLD and held accountable about this issue.

At this point, I'm seriously considering dumping my G, absorb my loss and go with something else that doesn't have major defects as this.
Been living with this issue for almost 2 years and have grown very tired of it. Its delayed my original plans I had for my G, VQ wise.
Everyday the fun factor has decreased along with me loving my G to it being a PITA as well as a POS worrying about my oil level. And I paid how much for this

Sorry for the rant ppl...but I'm about done with Nissan/Infiniti's crap.
John . . . Have you filed a complaint with the NHTSA, yet? I did not know of this group until now. I will be filing an on-line complaint.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^Yes, a long time ago.
I've mentioned it a few times buried back in a few of these pages on this looong thread...lol

It's a somewhat long process filing, but it's worth it imo.
There's some complaints in the 2005's and some under 2006's category (like mine )

Linky in where to start process:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/home.cfm

Wish there was a class-action suit. I'd join in a heart beat.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 09-29-2007 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added class-action suit comment.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
^^^Yes, a long time ago.
I've mentioned it a few times buried back in a few of these pages on this looong thread...lol

It's a somewhat long process filing, but it's worth it imo.
There's some complaints in the 2005's and some under 2006's category (like mine )

Linky in where to start process:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/home.cfm
Thank you, Sir.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JekyllnHyde
Are these the ones that they are saying are hand built? When I got mine replaced they said that is what it is. I dont really know how true it is since it looks like my car is burning more oil than before. I am already going through another round of oil comsumption tests.
Yeah, the hand built engines from Japan. So your G is burning oil with the Version 2 RevUp?? That sucks bro. So far this seems to have fixed the problem on the majority of G/Z's that have them. Are you sure you got the revised engine??

Old 09-30-2007, 12:04 PM
6MT Coupe
^^^Ditto...that sucks. Thats what Ive heard too that it has solved this oil issue, while the factory replacements have proven still to be a POS.

I was given the part number from a member on another forum which he believes is for the Version 2 RevUp.
-Quote-
'From what I am reading the new engine is much better in terms of "smoothness" and low end power. It's part number (I believe) is 10102-AC7M9.'

-JekyllnHyde-
Check you paper work and see if it's the same one.

Hector...you could probably confirm this number as being correct or incorrect, being you have the Version 2 RevUp.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM
^^^Ditto...that sucks. Thats what Ive heard too that it has solved this oil issue, while the factory replacements have proven still to be a POS.

I was given the part number from a member on another forum which he believes is for the Version 2 RevUp.
-Quote-
'From what I am reading the new engine is much better in terms of "smoothness" and low end power. It's part number (I believe) is 10102-AC7M9.'

-JekyllnHyde-
Check you paper work and see if it's the same one.

Hector...you could probably confirm this number as being correct or incorrect, being you have the Version 2 RevUp.
Hmmm . . . it's close but mine is 10102-AC7M1.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke enas
Infifnit called me yesterday and told me i need a new engine. They said it was two quarts low on oil and i have to come up with all my oil change receipts. Luckyly I only had about 23,000 miles on it but i still have to show five receipts.

so today I'm off to try and collect receipts from a bunch of different oil change places Im sure i can come up with at least three.
Your dealer is being an ****. You DO NOT and are NOT REQUIRED to show receipts to keep your warranty. Bring the Infiniti warranty with you, and ask the dealer to show you where in the warranty it says you have to show receipts.

While you are at it, ask the dealer where in the warranty it says where/when you have to change the oil in the car during those 23,000 miles.

(hint: You'll find that the mileage markers are recommendations not requirements. This has vastly different legal ramifications.)

Also, if your Low Oil or Low Oil Pressure indicator lamps were not illuminated, than according to the car's ECU, the oil level and/or pressure is within ACCEPTABLE OPERATING RANGE.

If the light is not burned out, and the level was really not safe, THAT IS A DEFECT OF THE WARNING SYSTEM, which still puts you under warranty. Why have a low oil warning light, if it's not going to warn you that you are too low on oil?

I'm not arguing that this is what's wrong, I'm just telling you what an attorney might argue.

Last edited by avs007; 09-30-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Hmmm . . . it's close but mine is 10102-AC7M1.
Interesting...thanks for your pt#.
Wonder which VQ it is with pt# I was given.
I trust your number more hands down...thanks a million bro.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Got a call from an Infiniti service manager, today. It appears that a new engine has been ordered for me. The service manager added that the said new engine has new components , which will remedy the consumption issue. I trust that this is the case. I will learn more, tomorrow.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Got a call from an Infiniti service manager, today. It appears that a new engine has been ordered for me. The service manager added that the said new engine has new components , which will remedy the consumption issue. I trust that this is the case. I will learn more, tomorrow.
He's probably referring to the V2 motor that I was referring to above. They revised the pistons and the piston rings. The majority of people with this motor have reported little or no oil consumption. Good luck bro, hopefully this solves the issue for you.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:14 AM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there any way i can check to see if i have the hand-built VQ? i can't really tell

so far if i have oil consumption issues (2000+ miles), but either way it would be good to know

Old 10-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A. BlazinVQ
is there any way i can check to see if i have the hand-built VQ? i can't really tell

so far if i have oil consumption issues (2000+ miles), but either way it would be good to know
Check with the service person who took care of you when they replaced your engine. Not everyone got the hand built motors from Japan. I know that I did because my service guy and the QC guy at the dealership discussed it with me. Plus, since I did tons of research on this problem and new my stuff when talking to them, I guess they wanted to make sure that they took care of me and my car. Knowledge is definitely power. You can't go into a situation like this without knowing what's up or else you may not get results to your satisfaction.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 PM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Check with the service person who took care of you when they replaced your engine. Not everyone got the hand built motors from Japan. I know that I did because my service guy and the QC guy at the dealership discussed it with me. Plus, since I did tons of research on this problem and new my stuff when talking to them, I guess they wanted to make sure that they took care of me and my car. Knowledge is definitely power. You can't go into a situation like this without knowing what's up or else you may not get results to your satisfaction.
i never HAD my engine replaced . the car is brand new, and i was wondering

if by any chance they put the hand built engine into the car. i dunno, i'm just going to have to

wait and see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: Everyone: Check Your Oil!